Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually they have the means to kill the animal instantly, and it's essentially painless. As monty mentioned, the bolt gun thingy.

The problem is the beating, branding, and torturing that commonly goes on up until the death. Ok, that is easily avoidable, but it happens anyway. That is what me along with others have a problem with.

*Pictures a pig hanging upside down by his hind legs, and falling 6 feet to the blood covered ground where it squirms around in it's own mess*
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

• Where we take our goats, they slaughter by a single shot to the head from the back. Death is instant.

And for comparison to the previously posted factory farmed pig, here is how our bacon is raised:
      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• That's a good thing you do.

I'm reading your blog...interesting. Sounds like you are mostly self sufficient when it comes to food? That's extremely uncommon nowadays.
        Last edited by Eclipse27; 08-03-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
          Actually they have the means to kill the animal instantly, and it's essentially painless. As monty mentioned, the bolt gun thingy.

The problem is the beating, branding, and torturing that commonly goes on up until the death. Ok, that is easily avoidable, but it happens anyway. That is what me along with others have a problem with.

*Pictures a pig hanging upside down by his hind legs, and falling 6 feet to the blood covered ground where it squirms around in it's own mess*
          Yeah stuff like that......maybe the gov can crack down on it but given the whining that would come from the businesses and no doubt payouts I doubt it'll change.

Tucson Police Department
          07/27/08 : Applied
          09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
          09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
          09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
          10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
          10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
          10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
          08/18/08 : Applied
          10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
          10/25/08 : PT Test
          10/25/08 : Written Test
          10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

• Originally posted by jshawn View Post
            Yeah stuff like that......maybe the gov can crack down on it but given the whining that would come from the businesses and no doubt payouts I doubt it'll change.
            It's a blatant flaw in our system. The government just looks the other way and pretends it isn't happening.

Yet it's a huge deal that a kid killed a cat.

Comment

• Let me ask you something Monty. Let's look back at the situation you described in your post concerning the preparation of cats as food. Let's just imagine that before the process began, those cats had a nail driven into their head that killed them instantly. The rest of the process however remained exactly the same. Would that make the process any more acceptable in your mind?
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                Let me ask you something Monty. Let's look back at the situation you described in your post concerning the preparation of cats as food. Let's just imagine that before the process began, those cats had a nail driven into their head that killed them instantly. The rest of the process however remained exactly the same. Would that make the process any more acceptable in your mind?
                Why wouldn't it?

Comment

• It definitely would.

Comment

• Kosher Slaughter

Since we are on the topic of animal cruelty. I think that it is disgusting that this is allowed in the US, that they are exempt from the provisions of the Humane Slaughter Act(that animals must be unconcious before being bled out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzaeHfh65hs

Comment

• Heh. Has anyone here seen McLieble (I think that's how its spelled??)? It's a British documentary similar to Supersize Me, except that is focuses more on the animal cruelty aspects on the McDonald's corporation. That's why I only shop at the family market.

It ****es me off the way people treat animals like they are just taking up space.

Its only a big deal when one of those abused animals, acting on instinct from years of abuse or neglect, attacks a human. Then the media is up in arms. It isn't the dogs fault. Blame the tard who beat it, kicked it, starved it and bred it to death.

But you know what? I also hunt. I know it doesn't make sense to a lot of people, and it doesn't matter if I try to explain that hunting is essential for conservation, so I'm not going to even bother.

Animal cruelty isn't the only thing that the United States needs to worry about (which is obvious from this video).

Domestic abuse? Most of the cases in my city get N/P'd. Child neglect? Usually not reported. Rape? Again, not reported. The United States has a lot of problems.

Parents care more about "hanging out" with their friends than parenting their children. Babies are having babies. The television is being used as a babysitter. Stores geared towards kids are selling g-strings, and teenage motherhood is glorified.

What do you expect from a kid who's grown up under these circumstances? I'm surprised he didn't pull a Columbine. Although, with an act like this, its only a matter of time, I suppose.
                      Last edited by Smolla126; 08-04-2008, 07:42 AM.
                      Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

• Oh yes it is the parents fault If they don't whoop their kid and put the fear of god into him for acting up Then it very much is thier fault... and by the way the parent controls what the kid watches and plays etc.... def the parents fault.

if the parents got arrested when kids did that stuff I bet theyd think twice about not watching them or Forcefully instilling some kind of moral fabric

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4297 users online. 295 members and 4002 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X