300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    I think you're a good kid, but you ticked me me off with your suggestion of violence. Here's a short grown person lecture from me to you, whom I believe to be a bright teenager:

It's, "you're", a contraction of "you are", not "your", which latter is the possessive of "you", i.e. ("i.e" signifies "id est" which means "it is") something that belongs to you. Don't be such an idiot as to confuse "your" with "you're". You're way too smart to be doing that. Being stubborn means being tenacious if you're right, and being pigheaded if you're wrong. In the former case, it's a virtue; in the latter, it's a flaw. Throwing sentences together with commas is poor writing. You know better. Stop calling people "dude". That's a cheap way to act as if they should already know you're right. Don't threaten what you can't do. It's not up to you who gets banned or whom we ignore.

If you want to take me to task for barking at you, I'll try to understand.

Regards,

Monty
    Ehh, it was more of an exaggeration, I guess it's not that good to throw exaggeration's around on a cop forum.

Eclipse, I don't need you criticizing my handwriting, I need a response, not some B.S. about how poor my grammar is I make it so you can at least read it, if not, make it out.

Comment

• Hmmm so would veggies truly be satisfied if we found "more humane" way to KILL our food??? I don't know I guess I'm glad I don't truly care enough to notice, I go hungry and I eat.

Tucson Police Department
      07/27/08 : Applied
      09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
      09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
      09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
      10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
      10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
      10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
      08/18/08 : Applied
      10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
      10/25/08 : PT Test
      10/25/08 : Written Test
      10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

• Originally posted by jshawn View Post
        Hmmm so would veggies truly be satisfied if we found "more humane" way to KILL our food??? I don't know I guess I'm glad I don't truly care enough to notice, I go hungry and I eat.
        I think this is what he's trying to say.. He wants the animals that we kill to be better cared for and not being abused or given a horrible life, regardless if they're about to be killed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          I think this is what he's trying to say.. He wants the animals that we kill to be better cared for and not being abused or given a horrible life, regardless if they're about to be killed or not.
          Basically, yes. For now anyway.

It is -devastating- some of the stuff that goes on in those slaughterhouses.
          When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

• Animals have neural systems; plants don't. Some people are complacent regarding non-human nociception; I'm not. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian; I eat animal flesh; however, I'm not complacent about pain, and humans are not the only animals capable of feeling pain. I think we should be conscientious about minimizing suffering of animals that we kill in order to use their bodily material.

Comment

• LoL. Monty, somehow with the vocab you just used, you made me not want to eat meat more than the little one on the forum. The lesson here? If a vegetarian really wants to make you sick, they should refer to your steak as "bodily material."

Seriously, though. I agree with you. ^_^
              Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

• Right on, Taylor13 -- thanks for thinking it through.

Comment

• How about "somatic substance", instead of "bodily material"? And maybe I shouldn't have called pain "nociception" (i.e. perception of of somatic, i.e. bodily, damage -- it's related to the word "innocent", i.e. not "nocent", i.e. not harmful -- nociception refers to perception of harm) in this thread?

Comment

• Yeah, and let's start calling pork chops "swine flesh".

Comment

• I think all of the above just sound scrumptious. Really.
                      Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                        ........minimizing suffering of animals that we kill in order to use their bodily material.
                        Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                        Yeah, and let's start calling pork chops "swine flesh".
                        Originally posted by Smolla126 View Post
                        I think all of the above just sound scrumptious. Really.
                        Can I ask that whoever "fires up" the BBQ hotplate, please fry me a couple of pre-formed chickens to go along with the bodily material and swine flesh?
                        If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

• I feel that no matter how we kill animals that are food, there will always be pain and people who disapprove of the killings that took place. If there was a magic wand that they could wave over the animals and they animals died but felt zero pain that would be awesome but it’s not going to happen.

I think the people that eat meat are in a better place to say how their food should be destroyed than a person who does not eat the meat at all, yet likes to complain about how it is getting killed.

Are things very bad at some slaughter houses? Yep, from what I have seen there are some that are horrible, but when is the destruction, killing or taking a life of anything going to look soft and acceptable?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• And this is why we raise our own animals. It is not just what happens at the slaughter house that is cause for concern, but also how the animal is raised and fed before going to slaughter.

As for describing how an animal has died while eating said animal, I actually have a written rule in my house that Charlie (or the others) do not need to tell company how "Daddy killed the chicken" while company is eating the chicken. Not everyone is appreciative of the fact that the clucking they are hearing outside was playing with the food they are currently eating.

Of course that says nothing about the fact that my children routinely play with their food months before they eat it.
                            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                              I feel that no matter how we kill animals that are food, there will always be pain and people who disapprove of the killings that took place. If there was a magic wand that they could wave over the animals and they animals died but felt zero pain that would be awesome but it’s not going to happen.

I think the people that eat meat are in a better place to say how their food should be destroyed than a person who does not eat the meat at all, yet likes to complain about how it is getting killed.

Are things very bad at some slaughter houses? Yep, from what I have seen there are some that are horrible, but when is the destruction, killing or taking a life of anything going to look soft and acceptable?

AMEN; that's what I say. In the end the killing is not going to "feel good" to the animal just like it doesn't in nature. If ppl watch the Discovery, Animal Planet, etc. enough they know that those prey suffer some horrendous deaths. NOW thankfully we are not like other animals and that we don't go after them alive and start biting them, breaking their necks with our jaws, etc. but in the end death is no fun for the animal. Again can there be some kinda way to make it better.....I guess!

I guess in the end veggies should be complaining to nature as to why there are predators & prey to begin with. Why is it that creatures were made in need of eating another creature to live; why do we need to eat at all to function???? In the end it's not sooo much the eating meat that tortures those animals it's the business practice of cost cutting that tortures the animals. I'm sure they can come up w/ better less painful ways but it may be more expensive for them.

I say veggies should spend their time taking up arms (not literally) with the businesses and not with those that are simply doing what nature intended. Is it every single slaughterhouse or just some that really get nasty with it??? I guess you can have a slaughterhouse that does it or we can be like the other animals and hunt it ourselves via painful ways because I doubt that the animals we eat are about to suffer heavenly deaths anytime soon.

Maybe we can dope them up real good and knock them out first before slaughtering them but then again I don't know if that's safe for consumption later

Tucson Police Department
                              07/27/08 : Applied
                              09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
                              09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
                              09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
                              10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
                              10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
                              10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
                              08/18/08 : Applied
                              10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
                              10/25/08 : PT Test
                              10/25/08 : Written Test
                              10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

• Old school slaughterhouses had a knocker and a cutter. The knocker KOd the animal with a heavy sledgehammer, and the cutter caused the animal to bleed out. Most modern slaughterhouses use a pneumatic bolt in the head for large animals, and a cutting wheel for birds. I agree that nature is not especially merciful. I think we should take that as a guideline, and try to be less cruel than the rest of nature when we take prey.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3321 users online. 242 members and 3079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X