300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    would those 500K deaths be SOMEWHERE ELSE BESIDES HERE in the USA by chance?.....

or are you against us using OUR resources to feed OUR nation?.....and yes, before you ask, I am one of those MEAN unkind nationalists........
    My final post on this topic:
    http://www.frac.org/html/hunger_in_t...ger_index.html
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
      And this is why you come off as a 14 year old.
      Because I get a kick out of how serious you are about this? Nahh... I just enjoy poking at the PETA freaks.
      1*

Comment

Nice way to completely dodge the question......

Are you ONLY with PETA, or are you also with ELF and ALF by any chance?
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          Eclipse, as much as you think your right on almost everything, your a stubborn liberal 14 year old, your the type of kid I want to punch after the first month, of school, I know your type, dude, I'm trying not to be as active so I don't annoy people on here, I'm going to suggest to you that you stop before you get banned or everyone just ignores you.
          Easy, Taylor13 -- no need to post about wanting to punch anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Nice way to completely dodge the question......

Are you ONLY with PETA, or are you also with ELF and ALF by any chance?
            I'm not with anyone. Those groups tend to care more about other animals than they do humans. I don't agree with that.

And no, that wasn't exactly dodging the question.

Comment

My final post on this topic
              hmmm......
              1*

Comment

And no, that wasn't exactly dodging the question.
                Sure it was. Answer his question in full (instead of linking to some random site) and you won't be accused of dodging it.
                1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                  Sure it was. Answer his question in full (instead of linking to some random site) and you won't be accused of dodging it.
                  You are yet to provide anything of even the slightest value.

Comment

And to answer his question, I'm actually FOR using our resources to feed our nation. Not to feed the animals that then only feed some people.

Comment

You are yet to provide anything of even the slightest value.
                      That's because I'm talking to an irrational individual who despises those who eat meat. You're bringing this on yourself, bud. Relax and go have a hotdog..... err..... tofudog.... whatever it is that you vegatarians call 'em.
                      1*

Comment

Wait a minute, are there official statistics out there showing that the good ole U.S is using so much grain to feed the animals EAT that people are going hungry as a result??? I would love to see this and it be soley due to us "wasting" resources away to animals we butcher??? I'm sure there are plenty of folks that go hungry b/c they lack the ability to BUY food for whatever reason but not because we are burning away too much grain on our future meat. This sure is a new argument for me from a veggie.

Tucson Police Department
                        07/27/08 : Applied
                        09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
                        09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
                        09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
                        10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
                        10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
                        10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
                        08/18/08 : Applied
                        10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
                        10/25/08 : PT Test
                        10/25/08 : Written Test
                        10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

WoW! This thread very hijacked and I don't think JMTX even posted ONCE!

Seriously, though. Okay. Some comments from the peanut gallery.
                          1)First of all, the reason that you may have been refered to as "high and mighty" was that you are NOT one of the vegetarians that you can go out with. Not in a dating sense, but in a friend sense. My best friend is a vegetarian, but she isn't going to sit there and look down her nose at me and tell me how the animal was killed while I try to eat a hamburger. She just doesn't eat one. I respect you for not eating meat, but considering that you are talking to a lot of cops, just leave it alone. Most guys here would love nothing more than to fire up the grill and flame-broil a filet.
                          2)Secondly, humans are omnivores, not herbivores. That's why some of our teeth are pointy. A proper diet includes protien. Personally, I don't like re-fried beans, so I'm quite happy with my prime rib, thanks. Protein deficiency is a big problem, especially among teenage vegetarians. Things like refried beans, lentils and kidney beans need to replace the meat portion of your diet, or you will end up sick.
                          3)Humans aren't the only creatures that eat meat. It happens. You can't get a creature that naturally eats me to stop (although they made a joke about it on Futurama once, I think. Funny. ^_^)
                          4) I'm not condoning inhumane slaughter. I only buy meat from the family owned butcher here in my city. But not everyone can do that. It's expensive. It would be nice, but it just isn't a reality, and once you get out into the big-boy world, you might realize that a little better.
                          5) 500,000 really isn't that many. Also, brush up on your politics. Organizations like WHO believe that there is more than enough food on this planet already to feed everyone. The problem is the people in power. This was already stated and convienently ignored.
                          6) The grain that humans eat and the grain that animals eat isn't the same. We don't eat feed corn. We eat sweet corn. So your argument is null there. And if you try to argue that the space could be used for sweetcorn? Farmers intentionally plant feed corn around the edges of their plots to prevent theft and to distract animals from getting to the more valuable human-consumed corn.
                          That's all for me for now. And now to sit back and observe the chaos.
                          Last edited by Smolla126; 08-02-2008, 01:55 AM. Reason: Grammar
                          Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                            I'm not mad that you kill animals to eat them, I eat the flesh of killed animals, too; however, your apparent indifference to their suffering appalls me. It's obvious that animals have the ability to feel pain and to suffer. Only a dishonest person or an idiot would think otherwise. The capability to suffer is not only a human characteristic. Your complacent "just my personal opinion" attitude probably is something exclusive to humans. Suffering is never unimportant, as you suggest it can be. I think you should kill even your fishes before you dress them, and certainly should not gut any mammals without killing them first.
                            I am not the kind of person who sits there and worries that a fish is suffering before I chop it's head off, gut it, scale it, and then cook it.

Do you think the snake worries about the rat it swallows whole? Do you think the lion ponders the suffering of the elk it is eating? Do you think the spider feels any sympathy for the fly?
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I'm not mad that you kill animals to eat them, I eat the flesh of killed animals, too; however, your apparent indifference to their suffering appalls me. It's obvious that animals have the ability to feel pain and to suffer. Only a dishonest person or an idiot would think otherwise. The capability to suffer is not only a human characteristic. Your complacent "just my personal opinion" attitude probably is something exclusive to humans. Suffering is never unimportant, as you suggest it can be. I think you should kill even your fishes before you dress them, and certainly should not gut any mammals without killing them first.
                              I am not the kind of person who sits there and worries that a fish is suffering before I chop it's head off, gut it, scale it, and then cook it.

Do you think the snake worries about the rat it swallows whole? Do you think the lion ponders the suffering of the elk it is eating? Do you think the spider feels any sympathy for the fly?
                              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3909 users online. 273 members and 3636 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X