300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    The worst animal cruelty I've ever seen (saw it on video) takes place at a Chinese cat-processing factory, where they process cats for food. It's truly horrible. The workers seem to have mentally objectified the animals to a point such that the cats' suffering is something to which the workers are entirely oblivious.
    How is that any different than the way we treat cows, chickens, or pigs?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Such hypocrisy in your story.
      I don't think it was hypocrisy. I did what I did for a good reason, and was merciful, believe it or not. The kid had it coming; the little boy didn't. The little boy went to the hospital with second degree burns. The kid went home fine.

Comment

How is that any different than the way we treat cows, chickens, or pigs?
        They beat the cats' heads against the wall to reduce their ability to resist, then boil the cats alive in hot oil, then strip their skins off, and then throw them skinless into boiling water. You see them trying to swim while they drown in the boiling water.

Comment

Tell me about it, all these kids your complaining about.. me and your kids are gonna have to grow up with, please, raise your kid right.

Comment

They beat the cats' heads against the wall to reduce their ability to resist, then boil the cats alive in hot oil, then strip their skins off, and then throw them skinless into boiling water. You see them trying to swim while they drown in the boiling water.

You haven't seen much from our meatpacking factories have you? I've seen it. Now I'm a vegan.
            When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
              You haven't seen much from our meatpacking factories have you? I've seen it. Now I'm a vegan.
              LMAO!

More meat for Chit! muahahaha!
              1*

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
                Even Upton Sinclair's description in his "The Jungle" of Armour's pig-processing assembly line didn't exceed what I specified. What more than I already know about are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                  Tell me about it, all these kids your complaining about.. me and your kids are gonna have to grow up with, please, raise your kid right.
                  My husband and I do our best.
                  http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I don't think it was hypocrisy. I did what I did for a good reason, and was merciful, believe it or not. The kid had it coming; the little boy didn't. The little boy went to the hospital with second degree burns. The kid went home fine.
                    It's one thing to stop a brutal attack against another youth, however you went further than that rubbing his face in a pile of crap, and stripping him naked. I think that it is hard to justify those actions.
                    What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

First of all let me just say that I'm not saying I approve of such treatment, however looking at the cat's solely as a food source, their treatment before killing them seems irrelevant.

We throw live lobsters into boiling water before we eat them. You don't see too many people crying over lobsters.

I know well and good what goes into preparing an animal to be eaten being an avid fisherman/hunter, so the whole cruelty to animals things means nothing having had to cut open and skin many animals in my lifetime in preparation to eat.

I think the thing is that we have a psychological attachment to certain animals in our culture. It is taboo to eat dogs, or cats. Keep in mind that in other cultures, the fact that we eat cows would be seen as horrible.
                      What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

It's one thing to stop a brutal attack against another youth, however you went further than that rubbing his face in a pile of crap, and stripping him naked. I think that it is hard to justify those actions.
                        I was 15. I was a youth, too. We didn't strip him him naked. He went home in underwear. Being pushed into a cow pie and sent home in underwear was a not uncommon noninjurious but humiliating punishment at that time (1973) and place (London outskirts).

As for the animal cruelty thing, I think you should kill it humanely first, then do as you will.
                        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 07-31-2008, 06:58 AM.

Comment

First of all let me just say that I'm not saying I approve of such treatment, however looking at the cat's solely as a food source, their treatment before killing them seems irrelevant.
                          Well, it's largely irrelevant to their nutritive value (not entirely -- the endocrine system can affect the end product), but not making them suffer unnecessarily is still important.
                          We throw live lobsters into boiling water before we eat them. You don't see too many people crying over lobsters.
                          I know a chef who always kills them first.
                          I know well and good what goes into preparing an animal to be eaten being an avid fisherman/hunter, so the whole cruelty to animals things means nothing having had to cut open and skin many animals in my lifetime in preparation to eat.
                          I assume you didn't skin them while they were still alive.
                          I think the thing is that we have a psychological attachment to certain animals in our culture. It is taboo to eat dogs, or cats. Keep in mind that in other cultures, the fact that we eat cows would be seen as horrible.
                          I think we should kill the animal before preparing it for food. Why not minimize its suffering? I don't eat carnivorous land animals, although I'd do it if survival depended on it. That's not just cultural.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, a 12-year-old might be considered a youth, but the 7-year-old was a little boy.

Comment

I could understand the outrage if this was a dog... but it was a cat... no harm, no foul
                              sigpic
                              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I'm a dog guy more than I'm a cat guy, but cruelty is cruelty, and I'm against cruelty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4609 users online. 271 members and 4338 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X