Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COPS Live!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COPS Live!

    Ok, so the only camera crew was one reporter and a camera man for a local news station. But, there were 11 cruisers all staties (none local) to serve an arrest warrant to a drug dealer living across the street from my SIL.

    I take care of my MIL once a week who is 88 years old and lives with my SIL who is 65. (My hubby was a post-menopausal baby.) Her house is on the corner and there was a news vehicle parked in front of her house and I saw two cruisers parked on the same side of the street on the other side of the intersection.

    I go in the house (enter through the side) and I see my MIL all settled and my SIL is in the front room. I tried to tell her to get further inside because the two cruisers I saw along with the news vehicle (SUV) told me that not good things were happening and I didn't want to take a chance of getting shot or her getting shot if bullets went flying.

    SHE decides she wants to sit on the front porch and watch things unfold. When we step out on the front porch, I see more cruisers all parked up and down the street and a paramedic pulled up to be on stand-by. There weere also a bunch of neighbors (and customers) out watching events unfold. There were also 3 or 4 SWAT trained officers with full gear and automatic weapons plus another officer had a K-9.

    One officer, once everyone was situated, one cop went into his cruiser and got on the bullhorn. "This is the police. Come out with your hands up!"

    This was followed by several officers standing at the door banging demanding for the door to be open. Two people came out and the K-9 officer threatened to release the dog to get the third person out.

    No shots fired. No one injured. And interestingly enough, the news showed up a good half hour before the cops did.

    Job well done. Drug house closed down. Everyone stayed safe.
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

  • #2
    Sounds like a leak in the department needs to be plugged. If the department invited the media to witness tax dollars in action, then media should have followed cops in and staged in a safe area. Glad no one was hurt and you enjoyed the shoe gratis.

    Comment


    • #3
      show, excuse me

      Comment


      • #4
        I was ticked at my SIL. I also was not leaving her out there alone incase something did happen and she needed to be knocked down and dragged inside.

        I am also surprised (well, not surprised, really but know no other word right now) at the number of people, especially young children, who stood outside on the street and their parents let them! I am also some what surprised at the fact that none of the officers ordered anyone back inside their homes.
        http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

        The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
          I was ticked at my SIL. I also was not leaving her out there alone incase something did happen and she needed to be knocked down and dragged inside.

          I am also surprised (well, not surprised, really but know no other word right now) at the number of people, especially young children, who stood outside on the street and their parents let them! I am also some what surprised at the fact that none of the officers ordered anyone back inside their homes.
          You need to chill out a bit. This isn't quite as big a deal as you seem to think it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            There was an officer involved shooting in the same neighborhood two houses down from the bust across the street a couple of days ago.

            Thankfully, the officer was not harmed, but my concerns for her neighborhood and situations like that are valid.
            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

            The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
              I was ticked at my SIL. I also was not leaving her out there alone incase something did happen and she needed to be knocked down and dragged inside.

              I am also surprised (well, not surprised, really but know no other word right now) at the number of people, especially young children, who stood outside on the street and their parents let them! I am also some what surprised at the fact that none of the officers ordered anyone back inside their homes.
              Get used to it. People dont use common sense when it comes to the inherent danger of law enforcement and the potential for innocent people getting hurt when s**t happens. If action is not directed at them, their curiosity many times overrides common sense. As far as the officers not ordering people back. Intelligence would have determined the presence of multiple suspects, requiring multiple officers for each suspect believed to be on premises as this appears to have been a high risk felony warrant service. I believe you previously posted you live in a mostly rural area. I can only assume the agency had not sufficient resources available to conduct the operation and babysit to. Not trying to be harsh or indifferent to your concerns but we can only do so much and I'm sure containment and officer safety were first priority. Thank you for supporting us

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by katseiye View Post
                Get used to it. People dont use common sense when it comes to the inherent danger of law enforcement and the potential for innocent people getting hurt when s**t happens. If action is not directed at them, their curiosity many times overrides common sense. As far as the officers not ordering people back. Intelligence would have determined the presence of multiple suspects, requiring multiple officers for each suspect believed to be on premises as this appears to have been a high risk felony warrant service. I believe you previously posted you live in a mostly rural area. I can only assume the agency had not sufficient resources available to conduct the operation and babysit to. Not trying to be harsh or indifferent to your concerns but we can only do so much and I'm sure containment and officer safety were first priority. Thank you for supporting us
                I am rural. My SIL lives in the city. What is interesting is the Terre Haute Police Department was no where to be seen. This was 100% state.

                Locally speaking (me) we don't have a police department. We would go through the Sheriff.
                http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

                The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                  I am rural. My SIL lives in the city. What is interesting is the Terre Haute Police Department was no where to be seen. This was 100% state.

                  Locally speaking (me) we don't have a police department. We would go through the Sheriff.
                  Although interagency agreements to render assistance are part of LE operations, not all agencies cooperate well. Is there some hint of corruption in Terre Haute P.D. or an atmosphere of distrusting the locals I may not be aware of ? Or Maybe the State boys feel they need no help and all the media glory goes to them for getting rid of a local drug den the locals can't. Depends on the commanders view of bringing in " outside help." As a ground troop, I'm not going to tell my commander ( egos can be big ) different unless I see it as an officer safety issue.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mrs. Hoppes, is the photo of you breastfeeding your child (Hannah?) in your avatar really necessary? I really don't wish to see it, and I'm sure others here feel the same way. Based on your other posting on the internet (not this site), you have some very strong feelings on the subject of breastfeeding, and you enjoy pushing the boundaries to see what you can get away with. I really hope that's not the case here. I would also suggest finding some other hobbies because with a quick search, it is apparent to me that you are spending MUCH too much time on the internet. You have posted your full name, your husbands name, your childrens, etc. Your phone number, address, etc etc is all readily available online and I managed to find it in about one minute. Literally. Change your avatar please, push the computer chair back, and go find something else to do for awhile. You're looking for attention in all the wrong places.

                    Also a search right here on o.com reveals that you have again started pushing the boundary of your breastfeeding fixation.
                    Last edited by FL5OH; 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gee. Considering I was on for less than 5 minutes this morning, spent the day taking care of my MIL who can not be left alone, came home, did laundry, made dinner, spoke for an hour on the phone to a friend of mine who has a 25 week (gestational age) preemie who is fighting for his life, spent a bit of time going over the by-laws for the food co-op some of us are trying to get up and running, read to my children, cleaned my bedroom, helped Bethany clean her bedroom, and am now currently holding a crying baby, you are absolutely right. I spend too much time on the computer.
                      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

                      The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                        Gee. Considering I was on for less than 5 minutes this morning, spent the day taking care of my MIL who can not be left alone, came home, did laundry, made dinner, spoke for an hour on the phone to a friend of mine who has a 25 week (gestational age) preemie who is fighting for his life, spent a bit of time going over the by-laws for the food co-op some of us are trying to get up and running, read to my children, cleaned my bedroom, helped Bethany clean her bedroom, and am now currently holding a crying baby, you are absolutely right. I spend too much time on the computer.
                        176 posts in the 12 days you've been here. That's just here, not including the other forums you belong to.

                        Thanks you, move along. Next.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And between the last post and this post, I have hung one load of laundry, put another load in, shredded a bit of soap for the laundry (I make my own soap), changed a diaper, and gotten the crying baby a cup of water.

                          Gee. I guess I do spend all my time in front of my computer. Thanks for playing.
                          http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

                          The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                            And between the last post and this post, I have hung one load of laundry, put another load in, shredded a bit of soap for the laundry (I make my own soap), changed a diaper, and gotten the crying baby a cup of water.

                            Gee. I guess I do spend all my time in front of my computer. Thanks for playing.


                            You're missing the point.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My av: It has been discussed in another thread. Unless it violates the rules of the board, it is staying.

                              My time on the computer: The majority of it is after the children go to bed and the chores are done. Between a disabled husband, 3 children, goats, chickens, turkeys, guineas, rabbits, cats, dog, cheese making, soap making, garden, canning, homeschooling, the co-op, my MIL, and general everyday housework, this is how I wind down. Others watch TV. I interact with others on a couple of message boards. (This one and one other.) I get up when the roosters crow and go to bed some time between 10:00 and midnight depending on if I have dough rising or cheese draining. (Yes, I make our own bread as well.) I couldn't tell you the latest TV shows or when Big Brother 8 is supposed to start, but I can tell you how to gut a chicken or milk a goat or the best way to get a 6 year old to get his reading done for the day.

                              If the way I spend my down time is not meeting with your approval, then too bad. It's my time to spend. Others spend 2 or 3 hours in front of the TV. I spend it in front of the computer.
                              http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

                              The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4585 users online. 253 members and 4332 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X