X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Earthquake

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/...nia_earthquake

Hope everyone is doing alright!
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

I live about 7-10 miles from the epicenter - on the slope of the mountains to the northeast. It began with 3-5 seconds of mild rolling followed by 3-5 seconds of a hard snap and shake. All of the hanging lamps and decor in my home swayed north to south. No damage at my home or property.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

My station is on top of the Whittier Narrows fault....man I was glad to find out it was not under my chair, but it did get me to move quicker than I have in a couple years. No damage, and no injuries. But the 5150's sure are coming outta the woodwork....

Comment

I was sitting in a movie theater when it happened. The place shook pretty good. Only about 3 or 4 people got up and walked out. Guess most of us are used to it by now...

Comment

In CA, if it's not 6.0 or above, it's not worth worrying about!
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Thank God I don't live in California any longer...........will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers for safety!

Comment

A 5.4 huh? **yawn** I hardly noticed the little fella.
              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                In CA, if it's not 6.0 or above, it's not worth worrying about!
                +1.....after going through the Northridge quake in '94 (and living around 4 miles from that epicenter), which had NUMEROUS 5+ aftershocks, I dont get that excited over anything under a 6 anymore......
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If its not over 6.0 no prob....

I hate when they wake you up from a deep sleep.
                  sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

Check out the set of Judge Judy when the quake hit...
                    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...judge.judy.cnn
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      +1.....after going through the Northridge quake in '94 (and living around 4 miles from that epicenter), which had NUMEROUS 5+ aftershocks, I dont get that excited over anything under a 6 anymore......
                      I was five years old when that quake hit, I was very scared. And then the after shocks the days that followed. I remember seeing some bridges that were collapsed due to that quake and two buildings that use to be like this || but ended up like this / \ good thing they didn't go this way \ /.

Question, is there an earthquake LE department?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4524 users online. 248 members and 4276 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X