Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some interesting things about the Brentwood, Tennessee police shootout.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting things about the Brentwood, Tennessee police shootout.

There was a discussion and a lot of criticism by a lot of people about the actions of the female officer who had come out of her vehicle while it was still moving when she was in a gun battle with a mad man.

This is the short video that was posted that had some of the criticism:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Ij-8ERAYCs

Some people may find this interesting, I certainly did, but here is a more detailed explanation of what exactly went on that day:

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=shockwave

This show is called "Shockwave," towards the end of part one in episode 23 is when the story begins about the Brentwood, Tennessee shootout and finishes part way through the second part.

If alI had to worry about during a shooting is my car rolling away, I'd be a happy boy....... Those that have never "been" are always quick to comment..

Comment

I've never "been," but I know definitely with the heightened stress level, thoughts that you may never see your loved ones again, surprises that you did not expect, split second decisions to make, I would definitely not make the same choices.

The video from Shockwave actually mentions some facts that are not mentioned form the short youtube clip.

1) Wrong description of the vehicle was given

2) She did not know the lunatic was right next to her until she received shots in her vehicle, THAT is when she came out. If she took the half second to put it in "park" it could've been her life as she was being shot

3) They actually believe that had the car been stationary, the gunman would have reached her and killed her

4) She was up against someone with an automatic assault rifle

5) The gunman was also taking cover behind her vehicle

6) She had been hit by shrapnel (which she thought was her taking a bullet at the time, which is what I inferred from the video)

Comment

What is the problem? Granted this is the first I heard of this and the second video is not loading for me, but what I saw in the first is a very brave woman who did her job exceedingly well.

So, who's complaining?
        http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
          What is the problem? Granted this is the first I heard of this and the second video is not loading for me, but what I saw in the first is a very brave woman who did her job exceedingly well.

So, who's complaining?
          It was in an old thread I read a long time ago, I tried to find it but was unable to.

I don't think there was a problem, but some people made some negative comments about it.

(Hmmm, do you have Adobe Flashplayer installed)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
            4) She was up against someone with an automatic assault rifle
            AR-15, yes. Automatic, no.

She did do one heck of a job.

Comment

It is a good thing he had an assault rifle because the more powerful cartridge of a hunting rifle would never have been deflected by a notebook and would have gone through her vest her body and out the other side.

She got lucky that day. No one can call her coward.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5822 users online. 316 members and 5506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X