300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone attempted an B&E last night!!

At around 0200 this morning, my girlfriend hear some loud rummaging noises in our backyard. She turned the light on to see what was going on but didn't see anything because it was dark. She was scare & shooked to go to sleep afterward so she checked the backyard again at 0300. By that time, she saw a bike inside our fence!

I came home from work at around 0845 and called the police to file a report. The officer arrived, took the bike, and proceeded to put it in the trunk of her cruiser. I don't know why the officer didn't write a report, all she does was took the bike and my girlfriend's name and mentioned that there was a break-in around here not too long ago....

I guess the officer didn't feel like writing a report?

**Here's what I think happened, the person attempted to steal some stuff out of our shed or possibly break into our house last night. He was surprised to find anyone awake at 0200 to turn on the backyard light so he got scared and ran away in a hurry leaving his bike.**

Sounds like there was no crime to report. Just some suspicious noises. Except maybe for the felony "bike leaveing".
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

...attempted murder since there was no crime unless the person successfully killed someone.

Comment

To prove attempt you need more than just noises. You need pry marks, broken windows, person seen with burglary tools, etc. Yeah, it's suspicious, but it could be covered it a three line dispatch entry:

237 Dispatch. Caller reported suspicous noises last night, no apparent theft or damage. No general report. Bicycle found in backyard siezed as abandoned property. 10-24/10-8.
        Wis Statute 947.01: Disorderly Conduct - Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in behavior that is violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud, or otherwise acts like a ****ing idiot, is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Comment

How do you know someone actually attempted to break in? Any damage to windows, doors, etc? Maybe a drunk kid went to the wrong house.
          summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by JLee View Post
            Maybe a drunk kid went to the wrong house.
            I noticed the incident occurred at 2:00 AM. In CA, that's when the bars close and it's very common for people who've had too much to drink to find they can't ride was well drunk as sober, dump the bike in someone's yard, planning to return later to pick it up. It's also very common for them to "return home" to the wrong address, as stated above!
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

As far as writing a report, do you think we right the report right there at the scene and provide you with a copy? She might have pulled paper on the bike being left in your yard, but that report probably would have been done at the PD. I imagine there is at least a computerized record of the call and the bike recovery. Maybe your girlfriend should have called at 2 am when it happened.

Comment

if they didn't even try to pry or have marks on the shed, its very hard to say B&E
                I'm guessing like the others about.....
                drunk.. dumped the bike and prolly doesn't even remember it!
                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

Sounds like you caught Summer Santa while he was drunk and leaving you a present. Why are you mad? You coulda had a new bike!
                  "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." --George Orwell

"So long as there are men, there will be wars."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Prowler .......scoping out the goods. No report as there was no loss or damage.

Leave the backyard light on to deter.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by K9Tom View Post
                      As far as writing a report, do you think we right the report right there at the scene and provide you with a copy? She might have pulled paper on the bike being left in your yard, but that report probably would have been done at the PD. I imagine there is at least a computerized record of the call and the bike recovery. Maybe your girlfriend should have called at 2 am when it happened.
                      Can hardly believe how often I see that...'they didn't even write a report!' ...what, are they following the officer all day so they know what is or isn't done?
                      summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by cob963 View Post
                        At around 0200 this morning, my girlfriend hear some loud rummaging noises in our backyard. She turned the light on to see what was going on but didn't see anything because it was dark. She was scare & shooked to go to sleep afterward so she checked the backyard again at 0300. By that time, she saw a bike inside our fence!

I came home from work at around 0845 and called the police to file a report. The officer arrived, took the bike, and proceeded to put it in the trunk of her cruiser. I don't know why the officer didn't write a report, all she does was took the bike and my girlfriend's name and mentioned that there was a break-in around here not too long ago....

I guess the officer didn't feel like writing a report?

**Here's what I think happened, the person attempted to steal some stuff out of our shed or possibly break into our house last night. He was surprised to find anyone awake at 0200 to turn on the backyard light so he got scared and ran away in a hurry leaving his bike.**
                        I think you need to buy a new lightbulb...

OK, here is how it works, not tht every other response wasn't accurate already
                        Officer arrived and assessed the scene seeing there was no break in attempt, took the bicycle back to the station and filled out a found property report. Noting that it was found in your girlfriends backyard, thats why she got her name etc.
                        The Officer will ask around the station to see if any other officers are working burglaries where the M.O. is a suspect on a bicycle, if not the bike will sit in temporary holding for a year or 2 then be tossed out. Or if they do any juvenile programs, the bike will be made safe anf given away to some poor kid.
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

NO REPORT!!!! What!!!

This area should have been blocked off and evacuated for a 5 block radius... A helicopter should have been scoping the scene overhead... twig, grass and soil anaylsis should have been done... DNA could have been left behind...

Police just dont care anymore.. they are lazy..
                          Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
                            felony "bike leaveing".
                            LOL! Ill make sure to never leave my bike anywhere again!
                            The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
                            George Carlin

Comment

tell your girlfriend's boyfriend to stop making so much noise when he parks his bike next to their love shack because they woke you up this time

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6280 users online. 356 members and 5924 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X