Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something less slippery than UnderArmor ??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something less slippery than UnderArmor ??

Ok, here's the stupid question of the week.

I like UnderArmor compression fit shirts. I like wearing them under my uniform shirts because it's really hot and humid here. Once you start sweating it doesn't evaporate thus cotton undershirts stick to you and remain uncomfortable for hours. I'm in a position now where although I remain uniformed I seldom get out and about for proactive law enforcement so I've stopped wearing my body armor. Foolish - some may say, but oh well.

My problem is now that I'm not wearing my vest my uniform shirts slides around on my body so I end up looking stupid. For example, my shirt may slide forward due to the brass pin-ons so my shirt pockets may be over my stomach, and my epaulets over my chest. I'm constantly having to pull and tuck. After a while that gets extremely frustrating.

My choices are to constantly adjust my shirt (I can't find anyone to taper them around here) over the UnderArmor or to wear cotton t-shirts. Has anyone seen an undershirt that may have other fabric components to eliminate the slippery shirt problem?

Get a Hidden Tailor. Galls sells them too.
    summer - winter - work

Comment

How about switching to a UA Hear Gear / Loose Gear shirt? They're build like a cotton tee, and they feel like a cotton tee, but they are made of a technical material that wicks moisture really well.

I wear those under my regular duty uniform all the time. I save the compression fit shirts for wear under a polo shirt or a dress uniform.

Comment

Wal-mart has 2 different brands one is Starter and the other is Athletic Works both retail for around 7-8 $ I use them every day my situation is similar to yours they work great for me, don’t confuse the shirts as thy both have a line identical to UA’s think one calls them stay dry or something like that, not sure about the other, the ones I am talking about seem similar to polyester but are not. Any way like I said that is what I use and have no problems……………………….Now for the other issue wear the damn vest brother, if for no other reason do it for the family, do it cus you look cool who cares why just wear it.
        Last edited by DACP; 07-27-2008, 05:46 PM.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
          Wal-mart has 2 different brands one is Starter and the other is Athletic Works both retail for around 7-8 $ I use them every day my situation is similar to yours they work great for me, don’t confuse the shirts as thy both have a line identical to UA’s think one calls them stay dry or something like that, not sure about the other, the ones I am talking about seem similar to polyester but are not. Any way like I said that is what I use and have no problems……………………….Now for the other issue wear the damn vest brother, if for no other reason do it for the family, do it cus you look cool who cares why just wear it.
          Amen to that. A captain in the town where I live, not work, went on a disturbance call to help patrol one day 5 years ago, now he's on the memorial wall wife a wife and two girls wondering why and picking up the pieces of their lives. Please wear the vest.

Comment

Hidden Tailor will take care of the problem. Once you use one, you'll never not use one.

Comment

They also make ones that attach to the bottom of your shirt tail and to the top of your socks. Its adjustable but a pain if is comes unattached.
              Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Comment

Originally posted by IAO View Post
                They also make ones that attach to the bottom of your shirt tail and to the top of your socks. Its adjustable but a pain if is comes unattached.
                These are shirt stays and I use them.

I once bought a hidden tailor belt and it broke the same day. I simply drove back to the store, and traded it for shirt stays.

Even as I have to do foot patrols while working sporting events, the tension is not a problem. I am not issued a ballistic vest so I have found that stays make the shirt stay in place, very well. They abide by their name.

Oh and mine have come unattached before and didn't hurt at all. They didn't even come close to endangering the chance of having children.

What's great, is that once when one came off and I was too busy to fix it, since one wears 4 straps together, it didn't really affect the look of the uniform. The 3 others took on the job just fine.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummadude12 View Post
                  These are shirt stays and I use them.

I once bought a hidden tailor belt and it broke the same day. I simply drove back to the store, and traded it for shirt stays.

Even as I have to do foot patrols while working sporting events, the tension is not a problem. I am not issued a ballistic vest so I have found that stays make the shirt stay in place, very well. They abide by their name.

Oh and mine have come unattached before and didn't hurt at all. They didn't even come close to endangering the chance of having children.
                  What's great, is that once when one came off and I was too busy to fix it, since one wears 4 straps together, it didn't really affect the look of the uniform. The 3 others took on the job just fine.
                  hahahaha....careful though......they CAN snap back up and pop the 'twins' sometimes.......so I've 'heard' anyway
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    hahahaha....careful though......they CAN snap back up and pop the 'twins' sometimes.......so I've 'heard' anyway
                    Funny I "heard" the same exact story.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to pass on twin poppage. Looks like "shirt stays" are out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3198 users online. 151 members and 3047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X