Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, Memphis P.D. sure is screwed up

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ogger-critica/

Having lived in the Memphis area my entire life prior to the Marine Corps, I can't say I'm surprised. As long as the bloggers aren't affecting investigations, I believe they should be allowed to remain anonymous.

Comment

Just another case of government feeling entitled to do whatever the hell they want, in spite of what the law says.
      sigpic
      Don't make me gassy.
      You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Absolutely, the bloggers' names should be allowed to remain anonymous.

My buddy moved to Memphis to work for the FD. After 5 days, he was on his way back. He said he witnessed more screwed up policies and "hidden" issues which came to light only AFTER he accepted the job down there. I don't know all the details, I just know that it HAD to have been quite serious if he put all the effort into moving 1,700 miles only to return less than a week later. I told him numerous times to keep a very close eye out for suspicious things because they were offering something like a $5,000 sign-on bonus. Sorry, but public service agencies don't hand out sign-on bonuses unless they're absolutely desperate for recruits.... usually meaning something's wrong with the department/agency/city. Just my opinion, of course...

The city *IS* really messed up...
        Last edited by Chit2001; 07-26-2008, 06:29 PM.
        1*

Comment

Yeah, unless some major changes took place, I never see myself working for that particular city. I give all the respect in the world to the men and women who do though. They put up with a lot of crap.

Comment

Who cares about the PD. Why would anyone want to live in Memphis (unless he worked for FedEx)?
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

While I'm all for protecting the privacy of bloggers and other internet posters, and I respect the right of citizens to criticize government, if someone posts a libelous comment or invades someone else's privacy the aggrieved party has the right to sue and therefore has the right to know the identity of the poster.

Of course, since truth is an absolute defense against libel, I would think that at agency that has stuff to hide wouldn't want that stuff verified in a court room.
              Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
              Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
              A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Memphis is starting to sound like New Orleans PD.
                Geaux Tigers

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5161 users online. 320 members and 4841 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X