300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something funny that happened at work today

So if you've read some of my other posts, you'd know what type of facility I work at, of course I wont name any names but, this morning during my first count I walked into a cell and I see a used match and a cigarette in the toilet, now, I acted like I didn't see anything cause they were both still asleep so we could come back and shake them down to see what we could find...or so I thought, I came out and notified my Sgt of what I saw and, the response I got was "oh, well, thats ok...I mean, anything they have is already gone so, there's nothing we can do about it." So what you're meaning to say is, if I'm out on patrol and I pull someone over and find a baggy with residue in it, sense it's already gone, I can't place them under arrest? I mean who knows if they have more of it or something else...now I see why these people are in and out of here within a couple days or at the most a couple weeks after getting out, they get ALL the same perks of home except they have no bills and better healthcare, you'd almost have to be a fool not to do it.
    sigpic

If you wanted to roll the prisoners up for the contraband, you probably should have seized the evidence and written them up. Leaving it where it was and telling your supervisor about it wasn't the right thing to do. It was your call and the Sgt. probably thought you had just told him about it with the idea that it wasn't something you felt was important and wanted his approval. They guy was backing you up, even though it might not have been the decision he had hoped you would have made.

If you see violations in the future that you believe should be dealt with, then act appropriately.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Yeah, I wish it was that easy, but what we're advised is, any type of contraband that is found that was brought into the facility by the prisoner we are to leave it as it lies and inform a supervisor and they make the call on if they want to notify IA to start an investigation on what was found. I wish I could just roll them. Hell, I wish I even had "your call" type orders.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyG810 View Post
        Yeah, I wish it was that easy, but what we're advised is, any type of contraband that is found that was brought into the facility by the prisoner we are to leave it as it lies and inform a supervisor and they make the call on if they want to notify IA to start an investigation on what was found. I wish I could just roll them. Hell, I wish I even had "your call" type orders.
        Wow, if they don't want you to do anything why didn't they just install cameras instead of hiring CO's?

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
          Wow, if they don't want you to do anything why didn't they just install cameras instead of hiring CO's?
          I am familiar with this jail as well, the answer to your question is:
          Because they need customer service associates to take care of the inmates.
          Virginia Beach Police Dept. (First choice)

05-2-09 Applied

09-17-09 Written/Physical/B-Pad

Hanover County Sheriff’s Dept.

01-13-09 Applied

Hiring freeze for two years??

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 310 members and 5319 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X