300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security at banks..

I saw a guard standing outside of a bank today, I'm not gonna name the location, but I don't think he was armed, and even if, what sort of deturrent is 1 guard to 2 goons with AK's? Wouldn't it be of better use if they didn't know a guard was there and they were confronted by him in a hiding place and then they get shot or something? I'm just wondering here, why have a single guard outside?

I don't see guards at any local banks, unless they have a special room with monitors they respond from. Used to be the armed guard would open the door for the women folk.

Most hospital ER rooms have a security guard sometimes armed sometimes not.

Comment

2 people with AK's and homemade body armor who've been planning a bank robbery for a while are not going to be persuaded by security guards.

But stupid young adults (such as your average "gangster") looking for easy money will definitely hesitate before going up against someone armed. Also it prevents people from tampering with the ATM machines.

Comment

Most security guards are paid witnesses and are instructed not to intervene unless there is a risk to life. As mentioned.......they are not there to stop someone who really wants to rob a bank....they are there to make the customers feel comfy cozy and scare away the turds who are thinking about robbing the bank but havent thought it out.

As far as hiding and confronting the robbers......I see a lot of innocent bank customers getting shot in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
          As far as hiding and confronting the robbers......I see a lot of innocent bank customers getting shot in that scenario.
          Not to mention the fact that security guards are generally not as dedicated as cops. Most are not going to get into a firefight in exchange for a small hourly wage.

Comment

i provided armed protection at banks, for several years.

Couple point:

(1)you might not see all of them. just because you only see one guy, does NOT mean that's all there is.

(2)don't be fooled into thinking the gaurd will NOT engage an armed robber. some will, some won't depends on ALOT of factors.

(3)we were an extremely effective deterant. several businesses on our block were held up at gunpoint. atleast two of the jobs were carried out by multiple (4-5) gunmen, masked up. our bank was NEVER selected for a robbery. check scams - YEP, but nobody in that neighborhood wanted to engage us in straight up combat.

Guards are like everythingelse, they come in a wide variety. some show up to collect a check. others devote countless hours to firearms training and are frighteningly proficient. imagine taking L.E.O. and telling him the only thing he has to focus on, train for, or even perform is armed conflict. how good at it would he get?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
              Most security guards are paid witnesses and are instructed not to intervene unless there is a risk to life. As mentioned.......they are not there to stop someone who really wants to rob a bank....they are there to make the customers feel comfy cozy and scare away the turds who are thinking about robbing the bank but havent thought it out.

I have a few friends who are security guards, and thier company even tells them "We do not pay you enough to risk your life to stop someone." As you say, thier job is to get a description and call the police.

Comment

Most of the time, if you see security somewhere, its because an insurance company wants it.
                sigpic
                Don't make me gassy.
                You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by injunwil View Post
                  i provided armed protection at banks, for several years.

Couple point:

(1)you might not see all of them. just because you only see one guy, does NOT mean that's all there is.

(2)don't be fooled into thinking the gaurd will NOT engage an armed robber. some will, some won't depends on ALOT of factors.

(3)we were an extremely effective deterant. several businesses on our block were held up at gunpoint. atleast two of the jobs were carried out by multiple (4-5) gunmen, masked up. our bank was NEVER selected for a robbery. check scams - YEP, but nobody in that neighborhood wanted to engage us in straight up combat.

Guards are like everythingelse, they come in a wide variety. some show up to collect a check. others devote countless hours to firearms training and are frighteningly proficient. imagine taking L.E.O. and telling him the only thing he has to focus on, train for, or even perform is armed conflict. how good at it would he get?
                  Hmm, that's very interesting..

Comment

A certain federal facility that I frequent during work has unarmed contract security that has the following sign posted:

"SECURITY OFFICERS MOTTO: OBSERVE AND REPORT"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                      A certain federal facility that I frequent during work has unarmed contract security that has the following sign posted:

"SECURITY OFFICERS MOTTO: OBSERVE AND REPORT"
                      They are usually paid to observe and call 9-1-1. Most SOP is to call real cops immediately because they USUALLY have the minimum training required by licensing. I know some cool security guards but I would not trust them to walk my dog and keep him safe, thats just how it is around here.
                      Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

There is an overweight unarmed female guard at an Arco gas station near where I live. It looks like every step she takes is a freaking back breaker and she never shoos away the homeless people. Real useful guard right there. I can imagine even if she had a weapon and someone was toting a gun around there she would probably bolt off.

When I used to live in a crime-ridden apartment complex, one of the two night guards there would not investigate a loud cracking noise, possibly a firearm, saying "Hey man...I don't want to get shot." He also had red eyes and very slow reaction time. I believe he was smoking weed in his guard hut.
                        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                          There is an overweight unarmed female guard at an Arco gas station near where I live. It looks like every step she takes is a freaking back breaker and she never shoos away the homeless people. Real useful guard right there. I can imagine even if she had a weapon and someone was toting a gun around there she would probably bolt off.

When I used to live in a crime-ridden apartment complex, one of the two night guards there would not investigate a loud cracking noise, possibly a firearm, saying "Hey man...I don't want to get shot." He also had red eyes and very slow reaction time. I believe he was smoking weed in his guard hut.
                          You get what you pat for, pay 7 bucks an hour and you get squat!
                          We used to get suspicious person calls at one particular apartment complex in my beat when I worked nights. Each time I would go out there and find their uniformed security guy in the parking lot slumped over the wheel sleeping. I told him after about the 3rd time I was going to call his company and advise him of his activities. He begged me not to and told me that his day job wore him out so he slept on his night security gig.
                          I never saw him again but I was a softie that night and did not call his company either.
                          Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

You know, I didn't call the company when he refused to investigate that sound but I think maybe I should have. Several people had been killed and critically wounded there when I had moved in and I can't help but think that he might still be over there smoking pot instead of doing his damn job.

Here's a bit of irony. A lot of the dumb*** college kids around there hated the cops with a passion but thought the security guards were "cool." . These same people ran the front office and signed off on leases.
                            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Not to worry. The banks don't have any money anyway.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4511 users online. 224 members and 4287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X