300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Hired!

Received a call today at around 1500 to tell me I was officially hired with my preferred agency.

I applied in January, so the process was quite extensive. This last week was filled with nervous jitters and biting my fingernails down as far as I could.... but the wait paid off.

As is typical of O.com rookies (and rightfully so), I would like to extend a sincere thanks to all the officers and former officers here who have helped me along in the process... even when they didn't know they were helping (remember, many of us just lurk)!

So again, thank you.

I report for swearing-in and my first day on the job on August 11th. I have to pack up the rest of my stuff as this department is about 150 miles from where I currently live.... all in about a week. No worries, though. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with that seemingly simple call I got today.

Thanks again and I hope to be able to offer some help to those who are and will be going through these rugged processes. I surely will not forget what it was like.

-Chit
    1*

Congratulations!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

congrats man!

Comment

Congrats Chit!
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Congrats Chit...
          sigpic

Comment

Congratulations man and good luck.

After August 11 if I see your post in a thread, it doesn't mean I can post there anymore .

Comment

Congrats man! I hear you about the nervous jitters. I am hoping to get the call in the next few weeks.
              sigpic

Comment

Good job. Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Good luck & be safe
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                  and I'm not sure about the former.
                  -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Seems like everything's going your way recently!

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                      Received a call today at around 1500 to tell me I was officially hired with my preferred agency.

I applied in January, so the process was quite extensive. This last week was filled with nervous jitters and biting my fingernails down as far as I could.... but the wait paid off.

As is typical of O.com rookies (and rightfully so), I would like to extend a sincere thanks to all the officers and former officers here who have helped me along in the process... even when they didn't know they were helping (remember, many of us just lurk)!

So again, thank you.

I report for swearing-in and my first day on the job on August 11th. I have to pack up the rest of my stuff as this department is about 150 miles from where I currently live.... all in about a week. No worries, though. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with that seemingly simple call I got today.

Thanks again and I hope to be able to offer some help to those who are and will be going through these rugged processes. I surely will not forget what it was like.

-Chit
                      congrats and welcome to the family.....
                      sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Congrats!! and I can not wait to say that on this forum as well!!
                        All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

Congrats!
                          sigpic

Comment

Woohoo!!!

Congrats!
                            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Congrats again bud. Now... you gotta throw some information my way that could be added to the guide. I know you've got some things that worked for you. Don't be an info whore, share your knowledge!

Oh yeah, update your profile...

You're not a civi any more...
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4195 users online. 295 members and 3900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X