Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a judge with a pair

http://www.woio.com/global/video/pop...1=News&h1=Thug

If he is truly guilty I have no problem with the sentence. Only thing is I am not 100% convinced that he is guilty. Seems like maybe since he is the only adult there they threw the book at him when he might in fact be innocent. Also seems like some of the testimony from some given plea deals seems kinda shakey, like the truly guilty ones made him the scapegoat. It is a possibility.

And what is up with the Judges condemnation of single parents? That seemed a bit out of line and unprofessional.

http://www.cleveland.com/crime/plain...350.xml&coll=2
    Last edited by bigislander72; 07-22-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

He got what he deserved. I'm glad the judge said what he said.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

The judge was absolutely right to harrange the parent for not doing the job. there are times when there is no choice but to raise them as a single parent, but far too many kids are getting pregnant just to show they can.
        Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

In this politically correct world, it is rare to hear such candor.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            He got what he deserved. I'm glad the judge said what he said.
            Unfortunately, the judge's statements could easily get the sentence overturned.
            Appellate courts sometimes frown on 'sending a message' and calling the defendant a 'punk' (no matter how deserving) when considering a criminal sentence.
            sigpic
            Don't make me gassy.
            You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

The only reason the judge was so hard was because the victim was a lawyer. Had the victim been John Doe he would have received probation.
              Last edited by Mannix; 07-23-2008, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Its about time a judge stands up and does something. The ones who took pleas shouldnt get too easy either. They are punks. They act like big gang bangers on the streets and innocent crybabies in the courtroom. Give me a break. Hope he brought the KY!

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                  If he is truly guilty I have no problem with the sentence. Only thing is I am not 100% convinced that he is guilty. Seems like maybe since he is the only adult there they threw the book at him when he might in fact be innocent. Also seems like some of the testimony from some given plea deals seems kinda shakey, like the truly guilty ones made him the scapegoat. It is a possibility.

And what is up with the Judges condemnation of single parents? That seemed a bit out of line and unprofessional.

http://www.cleveland.com/crime/plain...350.xml&coll=2
                  Two unrelated witnesses both said that this coward did it and you aren't 100% sure that he's guilty simply because the other cowards turned on him?

McDermott testified Tuesday that he is certain Wilson wielded a knife during the attack and cut his face when he did not hand over his wallet. A 14-year-old girl, who witnessed the beating, also told jurors that all six of the teens punched and kicked McDermott.
                  Both said that all the people attacked McDermott and McDermott said it was this guy who cut him.

I wish the judge wasn't right, but he is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6094 users online. 318 members and 5776 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X