300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhode Island police arrest man with .491 blood alcohol leve

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - State Police arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level allegedly was .491 — more than six times the legal limit — which they believe is the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.

Stanley Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board on Interstate 95 in Providence, Maj. Steven O'Donnell said.

After police arrived, Kobierowski had trouble getting out of the car, then grabbed it and refused to move, forcing troopers to carry him to the breakdown lane before taking him back to their barracks, O'Donnell said.

A Breathalyzer test showed Kobierowski had blood alcohol readings of .489 followed by .491, O'Donnell said, the highest readings anyone at the State Police or the Department of Health could remember for someone who didn't end up dead.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is .08. A blood alcohol of .3 is classified as "stupor," .4 is "comatose" and .5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.

"Our only assumption could be that the person has a serious alcohol problem," O'Donnell said. "The person's lucky they survived. There's no doubt he would have gotten killed or killed someone if he had continued on the route he was taking."

Kobierowski was taken to Rhode Island Hospital where he was put in the detoxification unit and sedated, O'Donnell said. He was arraigned Tuesday afternoon at the state police barracks in Lincoln and released after promising to appear at hearing Friday in district court.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_extremely_drunk
    I think someone needs to go have a talk with Alcoholics Anonymous...
    Last edited by caseypj; 07-22-2008, 09:31 PM.

Dang, they wiped out the economy of East providence with one arrest.

Comment

Wow, that guy sure can hold his liquor.

Just shows how far you can go in life if you are the best drinker in your fraternity.

Comment

which they believe is the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.
        LMAO!!!

Comment

I rode with a deputy 2 weeks ago who had arrested a guy for DUI the day before whose blood draw came back as .41!

He was slumped over passed out at a stop sign with his foot on the brake, and was apparently a total alcoholic. People are insane.

Comment

Wow....I now have goal in my life...492

Comment

About 20 years ago, I arrested a driver with a BAC of .43 (blood). He was able to stand and talk (sort of).
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I had a guy come into the hospital I work at with a .43 also, he was walking and talking like he had one or two, not 24....

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

...he was put in the detoxification unit and sedated...

So, I'm guessing that at this point they just went ahead and said, "Fark it, let's just go ahead and kill the dumbarse."
                  sigpic
                  Don't make me gassy.
                  You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

I've seen someone at .42 conscious and carrying on a rational conversation. He wasn't exactly walking, he was strapped to a back-board with a broken neck from a roll-over, waiting on transfer to another hospital.

Comment

I've heard of 2 BAC's that high...

My first year in the jails (97-98) the CHP brought one in that was a .46. The dude was actually DRIVING down the road, functioning alcoholic. He was able to walk somewhat under his own power into the jail. I couldn't F'ing believe it, and I was seeing it.

The other guy that I heard was above a .40 didn't get a chance to make it back to his car. They found his dead carcas washed up on the beach the next morning after a moonlight swim. I think he was about mid to high .4's.

Alcoholics are funny right up until they aren't. This is a good example.

Comment

Working in a hospital lab while back, we once saw a .7 something... still alive, just wasted, don't know if they drove (obviously a professional)

for those who know about DM also saw a blood glucose of over 1400, alive but comatose

One drunk admitted himself to the ER because "[He] was too drunk and kept falling down" he was rather angry when we refused to let him leave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3256 users online. 145 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X