300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service responsibel for Candiates?I

Is the USSS also responsible for the security of presidential candidates or do they have own private bodyguards? Obama wants to visit Berlin and we still remember the anger, the USSS made over here with they security paranoia, when Bush was here.
    www.copzone.de
    www.ipa-deutschland.de
    www.zoll.de

Both Secret Service and the military perform security duty for a candidate and a president.
    I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Originally posted by zoellner View Post
      Is the USSS also responsible for the security of presidential candidates or do they have own private bodyguards? Obama wants to visit Berlin and we still remember the anger, the USSS made over here with they security paranoia, when Bush was here.
      It's not paranoia when they really are out to get him. Plenty of people would like to get rid of Bush, by whatever means necessary. It's appropriate to provide him protection. Same goes for the candidates, whether i agree with them or not.

Comment

As soon as they are announced official candidates, they are entitled to SS protection.

Of course, Hillary, as a former first bitc - - - ummm, I mean first lady - - - already had the SS protection.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
        "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Both candidates are currently under the protection of the USSS.

While traveling abroad, the USSS works with the local entity (while in safe countries), the military(while in a combat zone) and the State Department (while in nations with ambassadorships) to coordinate and assist in providing additional security.

Protection is an involved process that requires a great deal of coordination, timing and professionalism.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Obama wants to visit Berlin and we still remember the anger, the USSS made over here with they security paranoia, when Bush was here.
            Just curious as to what it was exactly about the security that made you angry?

Comment

The security measures for a candidate are nowhere near the ones taken for the president, so it might not be such a fuss you may have experienced before.

Comment

The USSS and military ain't the only ones. Looks like I have quite a bit of OT comming our way very soon.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                  Both candidates are currently under the protection of the USSS.

While traveling abroad, the USSS works with the local entity (while in safe countries), the military(while in a combat zone) and the State Department (while in nations with ambassadorships) to coordinate and assist in providing additional security.

Protection is an involved process that requires a great deal of coordination, timing and professionalism.
                  Military are not only used in combat zones. Army and Air Force Explosive Ordinance Technicians are on a regular schedule with the Candidate, both home and away during campaigning.
                  I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Technically, the SS only protected the candidates once they won the party's nomination.

Hillary was under SS protection as the former First Lady.

Obama has been under SS protection since announcing his candidacy.
                    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

As said, once announced as a cadidate, they are entitled to USSS protection. However, they are allowed, just like former POTUS, to decline the service.

McCain, IIRC, didn't have a protection detail for some time, until it was announced by a "reporter", he then accepted the detail.
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Well annoying was, that when Bush was here 3 years ago to visit Mainz. A whole Highway was closed. I don't know if you know our highway, but try to close the Center of Los Angeles. Then you know what I saying.

Or that USSS trys to command our Officers of the BKA (Federal Crime Bureau) who are responsible for our politicians. I talked to one of them and he really got rid of the behaviour of the USSS.

Well... ok. If they think so..... maybe one way to be save in the world as PROTUS could be, not to make too many enemies in the world.
                        www.copzone.de
                        www.ipa-deutschland.de
                        www.zoll.de

Comment

Well annoying was, that when Bush was here 3 years ago to visit Mainz. A whole Highway was closed. I don't know if you know our highway, but try to close the Center of Los Angeles. Then you know what I saying.

Or that USSS trys to command our Officers of the BKA (Federal Crime Bureau) who are responsible for our politicians. I talked to one of them and he really got rid of the behaviour of the USSS.

Well... ok. If they think so..... maybe one way to be save in the world as PROTUS could be, not to make too many enemies in the world.
                          Closing highways in major metropolitan cities here in the US happens ALL THE TIME for dignitaries who rate that level of protection. Lesser digs may still get motorcades but total closing of roads may not happen.

As for the USSS guys, well the local agents who are permanently assigned to cities, who act as liasons are generally pretty good as we interact with them all the time sometimes socially. However the traveling agents (the ones in suits) can be, how should I say it, a little less than polite at times. However their job can be stressful with the travel and the job responsiblity and all.
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5640 users online. 324 members and 5316 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X