300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCarry.org members tour zoo

BOISE, Idaho — Idaho members of a group that advocates for the right to openly carry handguns in public are turning heads by touring Zoo Boise while packing guns on their hips.

Ten members of OpenCarry.org were allowed into the zoo Saturday after some initial confusion at the entrance about whether it was legal to bring an unconcealed handgun inside.

Group member Carol Schultz of Nampa says: "Coming to the zoo was something we could do together, like any family would."

Schultz says she's never without her handgun that she keeps in a holster attached to a heart-studded belt.

Zoo visitor Alex Lundgren of Boise questioned the group's decision to bring firearms.

He says: "Legal and appropriate are two different things."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/5898216.html
    wonder if they were taughting any animals?
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Never know. They may be attacked by an escaped, rabid, sex-crazed orangutan.

Gotta be able to protect yourself, ya know?

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Glad to see people exercising their rights.
      "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Comment

Good for them!

I wonder if there is an open carry here in Indiana.
        http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
          Good for them!

I wonder if there is an open carry here in Indiana.
          According to OpenCarry.org:

"Indiana is not a traditional open carry state. However, with an Indiana permit, open carry is legal."

http://www.opencarry.org/in.html

Comment

Is open carry limited to handguns? I want to open carry an AK47, or an AR15.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post

TOO FUNNY!!!
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                Is open carry limited to handguns? I want to open carry an AK47, or an AR15.
                Lots of people do, especially in the fall. They're called hunters.

In most areas of Idaho I can't imagine something like this would attract so much attention. Boise is the closest thing Idaho has to a big city, so it's not as common. I lived in Idaho for less than a year, but I gave open carry some consideration because of problems neighbors had with coyotes and bobcats.

Comment

Believe it or not this would attract alot of attention even in Boise. I lived there for about 6 years up until 2000 and I still travel there frequently for family.

Boise is one of those little towns that thinks its ALOT bigger than it really is. Lots of money here (believe it or not) and I know alot of the LE in the area. They dont mess around when people start packing guns around. I am a little suprised that no LE agencies were involved directly with the situation. But even if they werent I would bet cash money that the opencarry.org people were being watched very carefully. Boise isnt as backwater as most people think.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                    From an escaped, rabid, sex-crazed orangutan?
                    Hell, that's just Thursday around here...
                    sigpic
                    Don't make me gassy.
                    You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                      Lots of people do, especially in the fall. They're called hunters.
                      So hunters walk around the zoo carrying AK47's
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        So hunters walk around the zoo carrying AK47's
                        Did you say something in your post about the zoo? Must've missed that.

I should have clarified a little about my brief experience in Idaho. I lived in the heart of potato country in eastern Idaho. Never had the pleasure (nor any motivation) to visit Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by enterthedragon
                          you enjoy gay parades too?

Exercising rights and shock and awe campaigns are two different things
                          Gay people are within their rights to be gay.

Sadly, open carrying a firearm has indeed become a "shock and awe" campaign. It's part of our 2nd amendments rights to be able to carry firearms for our protection. One of the reasons the folks over at OpenCarry.org have these so called "shock and awe campaigns" is to educate and make people aware of their right to open carry firearms. Hopefully by doing so they remove some of the general public's shock upon seeing a holstered sidearm on a civilian. Most people I've spoken to have no idea that it is legal to do so in some states.

I support it. They aren't hurting anyone...if anything, they are making things safer.

** Queue music: AMERICA!! F*** YEAH!!! **
                          Last edited by Glider; 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glider View Post
                            Sadly, open carrying a firearm has indeed become a "shock and awe" campaign. It's part of our 2nd amendments rights to be able to carry firearms for our protection. One of the reasons the folks over at OpenCarry.org have these so called "shock and awe campaigns" is to educate and make people aware of their right to open carry firearms.
                            Where in the 2nd Amendment is the right to open carry a firearm?

Comment

I have no problem with open carry. but I disagree with the comment making things safer. Some of them (i hope a minority) have no friggin clue about the law. I read every post on the forum for my state. There are some really stupid things being posted there that will get them thrown in jail and likely some healthy prison time. If you carry a weapon you have the obligation to know the law about self defense. Not make up some stuff from a hodge podge of crap you see on the internet. I hope most of the people on that forum see those few for what they are. The thing that concerned me was that no one tried to tell them the real deal. It could be that the poster is a rock and the others ingnore them but I was very surprised at some of what I read. I was also surprised about how well my agency is like by most of the posters.
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3721 users online. 235 members and 3486 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X