300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ouch!!!!

so what happens when a guy hops the fence and runs from the cops? ill tell ya. The cop (me) chases after him and ends up on the ground with a fractured elbow. So i got to start my vacation a day early with a trip to the ER.
    The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
    -Neal Boortz

Nothing like a cast to mess up your tan line.

Here's to a fast recovery.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Ouch! I fractured the radial head back in Feb while painting the boyscout community center. It took a while before I got painless mobility in it.

Make sure you move it everyday as soon as you are given the go-ahead. Especially extending it and rotating it.
      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

get better soon!

now...did you hang yourself up while hoppin the fence or what?
        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

While working bike patrol I also fractured my radial head. Man, that was painful. But as Mrs. Hoppes said, make sure you move it every day. If the doc didn't explain it, here's why they don't put a cast on it....

When you break the radial head, blood and bone marrow fill the joint. If you immobilize the joint, it will calcify and harden. You will have bone where there is not supposed to be any bone. So by moving it, you break up any calcification and you can keep most of your mobility in the elbow. It WILL hurt, but it's best for your long term recovery. They also gave me a cooler with hoses attached to it. It had an attachment that went around my elbow, and the cold ice-water circulated through the wrap on my elbow. It helped with the pain tremendously.

To this day, I can tell when it's gonna rain when my elbow gets stiff and sore Good luck with your recovery! And don't forget to have the filing officer/detective/district attorney charge the bad guy with restitution for your injuries!

Comment

Bummer man when I was 18 I worked at quizos. 2 days before my trip, I cut my thumb nearly in half with a serrraded knife. Ya the trip was def not as fun. Best of luck on your trip and for a fast and speedy recovery

Comment

That's why it's of utmost importance to STICK the landing.
              "Valor would cease to be a virtue, if there were no injustice." -Agesilaus the Great

Comment

Hope ya feel better soon!

BUT.. did ya get him?

Comment

I was going to ask earlier but I didn't want to add insult to injury!
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Thats what you get for trying to take a vacation!

J/K get better fast.
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Now did you cancel your vacation leave and take sick leave?

Oh by the way, next time try the gate. It my help you!!!!

Good luck on a speedy recovery.

Comment

I seem to remember reading of a fleeing suspect leaving part of his anatomy on a fence during a chase. I'll try to google it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5105 users online. 273 members and 4832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X