300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW I am a complete idiot =-(

I'm at work, wearing a Henrico County Police polo shirt (we are supposed to be issued company polo’s on Saturdays I have not gotten mine yet and this was the closest thing I had to it). Some one walks up to me and asks if I'm related to "so and so". (I am wearing a nametag with my full name on it.) No one has asked me this question since I worked for communications as "so and so" is an officer for HPD. So I said "No, do you work for HPD?" he said "ya I work with "so and so" so I asked his last name, I recognized his name right away but couldn’t think of where I heard it from. I asked if he was a Lt. He said no I'm a CAPTAIN! I was like oh man... because I know my command staff but I still kept calling him Lt.!!! What is wrong with me! I was so nervous! And of course as soon as he walked away I remembered he is captain of Homeland security and special operations.... I made a complete Idiot of my self! If he is on my interview board, he is going to remember me right away as the nervous wreck that kept calling him Lt.!! ahhhh
    Last edited by iluvpopo; 07-19-2008, 12:26 PM. Reason: edited out name
    Virginia Beach Police Dept. (First choice)

05-2-09 Applied

09-17-09 Written/Physical/B-Pad

Hanover County Sheriff’s Dept.

01-13-09 Applied

Hiring freeze for two years??

sigpic

At least there's always McDonalds or WalMart. Besides, unless you had pee running down your leg I'm sure he wasn't too worried about a little nervousness.
    Cursed with common sense in a world void of it!!

Comment

Daughter's graduation

Went to daughter's graduation at Parris Island boot camp and anyone she saw it was sir this and mamm that. I asked her why she called men out of uniform on bicycle or jogging clothes with no rank emblems sir or mamm.

She said anyone who was out of uniform definatly outranked her. So perhaps a generic sir would work rather than trying to guess one's rank.

Comment

Yes that’s true... I will call everyone Sir from now on... thanks He was really nice too. He is one of the few captains I haven’t met, or at least seen in person, I really didn't recognize him, he looked so different from his picture! And he looks very young. He wished me luck on the way out though

05-2-09 Applied

01-13-09 Applied

sigpic

Comment

My Grandpa said the people you call Sir or Ma'am were:

Those who had a title before their name (Cpt., Lt. Sgt. etc.)

Those who were older than you

Good luck BTW
          "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
          for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Thank you =-) you all are a much nicer crowd than the folks on **********.com WOW, I think they like to fight on that site lol. One of my co-workers who was working with the captain on a project, said that he said I was nice =-) hopefully nice = hired =-)

05-2-09 Applied

01-13-09 Applied

sigpic

Comment

Lmao. I don't think its a big deal.

When I first started late shift I hate to write a Matter-Of about segementing my vacation. The district Capt. had told me to write it and hand it in to him for him to approve.

Well being the sleepy moron that I was, I pretty much demoted him to a Sergeant in the Matter-of. He just laughed about it at the time, but he still makes fun of me. "Sergeant H. reporting to the Police Aide for duty." Embarrassing at the time, but it will probably blow over. LoL.
              Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

Originally posted by iluvpopo View Post
                He is one of the few captains I haven’t met, or at least seen in person...
                You're lucky...one time, I didn't recognize my own Captain. The little midget shaved his mustache and went wandering around in normal people clothes. Even worse, this was a guy who could have flushed me down a toilet for misplacing a set of keys and chose not to (after making me jump through the required hoops for a while).
                I don't think I'd ever been more embarrassed in my life.
                sigpic
                Don't make me gassy.
                You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by iluvpopo View Post
                  Thank you =-) you all are a much nicer crowd than the folks on **********.com WOW, I think they like to fight on that site lol. One of my co-workers who was working with the captain on a project, said that he said I was nice =-) hopefully nice = hired =-)
                  Yeah, I think I know of what site you are talking about. The site has some really good people on it, unfortunately they are going through a big "internal restructuring" effort, and it has some feathers being ruffled.
                  "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
                  for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Originally posted by Tinga View Post
                    Yeah, I think I know of what site you are talking about. The site has some really good people on it, unfortunately they are going through a big "internal restructuring" effort, and it has some feathers being ruffled.
                    Ahh that would explain allot! they were picking on me about EVERYTHING and even crucified my boyfriend for his grammar, because he forgot to put a comma in somewhere lol

ComicGuy That does sound embarrassing! If your used to seeing someone in uniform they do tend to look allot different in civilian clothes! ahh

Smolla126 its good your captain had a good sense of humor!

05-2-09 Applied

01-13-09 Applied

sigpic

Comment

When I was in the military (and sometimes now on the Police Department) I used to get sick to my stomach for anyone to really get hung up on their rank. In uniform I stick with the formality of address and all, but off duty/out of uniform I'm more casual. I knew a guy who had his WIFE address him as Captain. He was a sheer waste of human tissue.
                      I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5321 users online. 290 members and 5031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X