Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think your town/city is run by an idiot??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think your town/city is run by an idiot??

You should meet this guy. This is from the city where I live, NOT where I work. He's such an idiot!!!!

here's another McDicker story that will bring a chuckle..the recent graduation of the police officers brings this issue to light.

In 2001 he hired police officers because the department was at an all time low. Of the 6 or 7 he hired, at least three were already certified police officers ready to be put on the road. One with at least 8 years experience, another with at least five years experience and another fresh out of the "academy". However, McG decides everyone has to go back to school to get certified again...not just any school, but the State Police Academy in Hershey. His main reason, if you can remember the newspaper articles, was because the local academy, Lackawanna Jr College, does not teach discipline and WB officers need discipline and paramilitary training. So he makes it a rule that under his regime, ALL NEWLY HIRED OFFICERS WILL GO TO THE PSP ACADEMY IN HERSHEY! As he was making that comment, a newly hired officer was attending Lackawanna Jr College Act 120 program, and one other officer, whom he hired a year or so prior was put on the road based on his training from none other than Lackawanna Jr College. If you remember the articles, he called Lackawanna College Act 120 program substandard training. So the newly hired officers go away for 6 months for this "intense", "vigorous" "paramilitary" training. They learned how to make beds, tie their shoes, shine their shoes and paid more attention to things to avoid discipline that learning about police work was a second priority.

The city is supposed to be reimbursed for expenses for each graduating officer from the ACT 120 program. However, and this is not fact yet(about 99% true) just a rumor, the city did not get reimbursed for the already trained officers. If that is true, then the city just paid about $30,000 in salary and expenses to send the officers to duplicate a school to receive a certification they already possess, when they could have been paid for being on the road. Further, look at all the overtime that could have been saved if these three were on the road. The mayor always said he would rather pay over time than hire someone else and pay benefits. Well, they were already hired and he was paying benefits for them to sit in school???? Was he that concerned about the safety of the public???? or the health of the over worked officers????

It gets better. A new group is hired in April 2002. Of that group, at least three are already certified with combine 15 years police experience. Where does he send them? State police training center in Forty Fort, Pa. Again, look at the overtime paid while three "road ready" officers were being paid to sit in a school to receive basic police training.

Now, five more hired. NOT one is an "already trained" officer, but where do they go? Lackawanna Jr College to receive "substandard" training and "no discipline"????

its funny because no matter what school you go to, they teach the exact curriculum. The only exception, the State police academy has only State Troopers as instructors while Lackawanna Jr College includes Troopers, lawyers, and local police. If Im not mistaken a couple of the instructors are former or current wilkes barre officers. As an added bonus, the "substandard", "non disciplined" Lackawanna Jr College instructors provide the required yearly training to all of the Wilkes Barre police and surrounding area officers each year.

just a little something to make you go "hmmmmm"****

It just goes to show that policemen should be managing the police department, not a civilian with a scanner. Hey, does that make me qualified to run the department? Hell, I could screw things up almost as bad as Command 100. My first order at my very first roll call? Wilkes-Barre residents that are registered voters are no longer subject to arrest for anything. Give them a gentle warning and one of my reelection buttons.
    Steve

OK, why would an officer who is already certified and has several years of experience agree to go through such an academy?

The city must have a pretty nice salary/benefits package if it can get certified, experienced LEOs to apply who are willing to to go through training again at a six month long paramilitary academy.

Comment

nice benifits.......starting pay is 36K....but with the amount of OT they get, most bring in 50K. But thats the only thing they have going for them.

I got screwed twice by the city. I scored #1 on their last list......but got passed over. They hired the #2....brother of a member of the civil service commission.........and he wasn't even certified yet. I was a full-time LEO for 3 years!!

My neighbor.....who works for the city (prior LEO experience too) was one of the 6 that got shafted by having to go through the training again, taught by PSP.

I'm glad I didn't get picked, because I would have told the mayor to **** off......I'm already certified and if you don't hire me and put me on the street, you'll be talking to my lawyer!!!

Don't know why everyone else went through the academy again.....I'm sure it was because of wanting the job. Full-time LEO jobs are hard to come by around here.
      Steve

Comment

Does that guy have a brother...?
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Steve-
          You have GOT to be kidding me! Go up to the funny farm for recert???? PSP's program is a joke, and what are the locals going to do with all of that radar training? God forbid if they should ever touch a radar gun!
          So, I guess that running "Suicide Hill" each morning is supposed to make you a better cop? Being two hours away from your loved ones and getting weekend leave denied because of a gig for your bedsheet not being properly aligned? Cleaning out the stables for the statie pukes?
          What on earth convinced this idiot that PSP was in ANY way superior?

If I remember correctly, they had an opportunity to hire a really great cop up there. They made the offer and a few days later he was involved in a shooting incident down here...no question on the righteousness of it, but it tanked him for the new job. It was a shame, but now I'm wondering if he didn't dodge a very different bullet. If they sent him to Hershey, it would have gotten very interesting!

Comment

Why does the State Police have horse stables?
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Because they are a bunch of anal retentive...ah, never mind.

They use the horses mainly for show, opening ceremonies for the Farm Show, funerals, parades and once in a while, crowd control.

Mainly, I think it's to give the cadets some more work.....

Comment

I grew up outside Williamsport until I was 12. Last time I was back there, I noticed that State Troopers are all clean-shaven and don't have badges on their uniforms. Are they actually prohibited from having a 'stache? They also seemed excessively stiff and formal. When I was at a State Police barracks, they seemed to call each other by rank, at least a trooper addressing a corporal. Seems awfully uptight. I'm used to being on a first-name basis with everyone under the rank of deputy chief.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

No, ateamer, they aren't allowed to be real male cops....no mustache, no badge!
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What kind of cop doesn't have a mustache?
                  (The male ones.....LOL)

Comment

Might I assume that TG is not a huge fan of the state police program in PA?

Comment

Hee hee.....ya, you can assume that.

Easy to do when you were married to one!LOL

There is some serious rivalry here between the "highway security guards" (PSP) and the real
                      (muni) police.

It's mainly in fun, but a lot of it rings very true!

Comment

Understood TG. I can identify. When I left the sheriff's office for the highway patrol, my buds wanted to know what made me want to get out of law enforcement!LOL Another deputy left to become a game warden shortly thereafter, so both of us catch it pretty regularly now. I am "highway security", "tar guard", "seat belt police", "speed cop", etc. My pal is referred to as "the duck police", "rabbit ranger", "mud marshall", "deer deputy", and so on. If I had a nickel for every time a former co worker has said "Hey, aren't you late for your daily haircut" I'd have a million bucks.

Comment

Oops, spoke too hastily! Sorry ...LOL

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Traffic_Goddess:

Oops, spoke too hastily! Sorry ...LOL

LOL! i remember in my ex's department, i would say "my husband is the dark haired one with the dark mustache" ...people would say "ok, which one out of the 20 that look like that?" lol...

the NJSP arent thought of highly by twp officers on the whole in Jersey either, that i know of. i used to think it was jealousy (i dont know why tho), because then you'd find out some twp officers had been passed over by the NJSP.

in Jersey, they used to be thought of as a really great organization, very regimented and 'tough.' they never cut me a break... i know that. then they went thru the racial profiling thing, but i think they are back on top now.
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2487 users online. 167 members and 2320 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X