300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Academy" Vest Question

I noticed how when they wear their class Bs with gun belt, they never wear their vests. In the last episode they were punished by having to run and do the foot chase course with riot helmets, when vests seem like they would be worse. Do any of you know why they never have their vests on? It seems like a good idea as they are the hardest thing to get used to. And I know I'd rather wear a helmet than vest while running.

Thanks
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Because their vests havent been issued yet.....you dont get them in the academy
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Where does this show air? I've looked online and did a quick google/youtube and no info.

Comment

Originally posted by kxl77 View Post
        Where does this show air? I've looked online and did a quick google/youtube and no info.
        Its on Fox Reality......

Itunes has it as well, if you want to spend $$$$$ for it.....

There are a couple of free sites as well, but I dont know them
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Because their vests havent been issued yet.....you dont get them in the academy
          +1. reality tv is not real.
          its still very much scaled down and a lot of things taken out.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

www.hulu.com

They have all of Season 1 and some of Season 2

......for FREE

Comment

www.hulu.com is a great sight and has tons of movies and tv programs, Many of the original Adam-12 and Dragnet seris. I have spent hours watching many of the programs on that site.
              Retired LASD

Comment

When I heard "Hulu" for the first time, it reminded me of a character on Star Trek.

I've never used that site before, but have added it to my "favorites" list and will definitely check it out in the coming days & weeks.

Thanks for the link!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

we give rookies the old decommissioned vests to wear in the academy. they are expired per manufac's label. while in the academy they are fitted for their own vest. this gets them used to wearing a vest at all times and doesn't ruin a new one w/ all the stuff they do in the academy.
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

thanks for the hula link!!!!
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

I think my local dept requires new recruits to purchase thier own vest, though they are given an allowance for it. (I gather from reading, but have no direct experience in the matter). Im sorry to say though, but some of the recruits on that show disturb me, such as the lady who cant get commands right after week 11, and speaks very hard to understand broken English.

Comment

Everyone wears a vest in Maine's academy... even if they're older ones like Narco was talking about.

I just watched the first episode on Hulu... lol... a lot looked and sounded familiar....
                        Last edited by Resq14; 06-30-2008, 12:09 AM.
                        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Narco944 View Post
                          we give rookies the old decommissioned vests to wear in the academy. they are expired per manufac's label. while in the academy they are fitted for their own vest. this gets them used to wearing a vest at all times and doesn't ruin a new one w/ all the stuff they do in the academy.
                          This is how we accomplish it as well.
                          No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                          -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                            +1. reality tv is not real.
                            its still very much scaled down and a lot of things taken out.
                            Agreed ,seriously Latoya Jackson and Jack Osborne as cops LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                              www.hulu.com is a great sight and has tons of movies and tv programs, Many of the original Adam-12 and Dragnet seris. I have spent hours watching many of the programs on that site.
                              Best Buy had series 1 out on a 5 disk (double-sided) set....I was lucky enough to get Adam-12 Season 1!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8723 users online. 388 members and 8335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X