Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All high G.W... *twitch*

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20...dget_dc_3.html

Brilliant, just brilliant; that tax cut was a fantastic idea.
    Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

You're right. It was a brilliant, fantastic idea!! The tax cut took up all of about 40 or 50 billion of the surplus this year, so where did the rest of it go?

The government needs to do what the most of us do when income is lower than expected. CUT SPENDING!! What a novel idea! There should NEVER be a surplus with the government. A surplus is overtaxation. If you feel like it was such a lousy idea, why don't you just refuse to accept the cut and make sure you send in a little extra every year. The government took too much of your money. GET THE PICTURE!!??!!

I can't believe there are actually people griping about getting a tax cut. Give me a freakin' break!
    Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

Ah, but there should be a surplus. what if we were suddenly involved in a war, we could divert said surplus to the military, to cover the emergency increase in funding that accompanies any war.

What if there's a disaster? Or some other unforeseen even that causes great financial damage?

Should the government just go into debt, which in turn would cost the tax payers more, since the government has to pay interest on said debts?

During the height of the deficit, something like 8-15% of the entire federal budget went to paying interest on the debts. Why not stay out of debt, and lower the tax rate instead of handing out a pithy rebate?

As for spending, it is being cut, there went Bush's promise for increased military funding! At least he hasn't dipped into federal spending for more important programs yet.
      Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I think that the answer to the taxes would be a straight 10% across the board tax. We do not file anything to get any monies back and everyone pays their fair share. NO paperwork or any headaches in the month of march and april and we will live more stress free. I feel that the states can add up to 5% on top of that to make their state budgets. I figure if that happens I would get a pay raise and the rich people would have a stinking cow because they would not have anything to hide behind and pay less than I do now. This plan is only for Individual income taxation and does not cover the business sector because I know the facts of profit and loss are way too complicated for a small mind like mine.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I agree with the post quoted below, or, barring that, switch to something similar to the Value Added Tax (VAT) that the Europeans have on every item purchased...sort of a national sales tax. Therefore, the more you spend, the more you pay....
          Jensenfarm

Originally posted by klar:
          I think that the answer to the taxes would be a straight 10% across the board tax. We do not file anything to get any monies back and everyone pays their fair share. NO paperwork or any headaches in the month of march and april and we will live more stress free. I feel that the states can add up to 5% on top of that to make their state budgets. I figure if that happens I would get a pay raise and the rich people would have a stinking cow because they would not have anything to hide behind and pay less than I do now. This plan is only for Individual income taxation and does not cover the business sector because I know the facts of profit and loss are way too complicated for a small mind like mine.

Klar

Comment

Wrong again! There should not be a surplus. For the events of war or other unforeseen events, there should be a designated emergency fund. Spending is way out of control and still needs to be cut quite a bit more. The spending cuts should be used to pay off more debt, but not all the debt. If we can keep more of our money, revenues to the government will increase because of increased spending by us. I don't have time to debate this whole issue because I am packing the house for a cross-country move, but the topic really irked me and I had to say something.
            Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by WCall:
              Wrong again! There should not be a surplus. For the events of war or other unforeseen events, there should be a designated emergency fund. Spending is way out of control and still needs to be cut quite a bit more. The spending cuts should be used to pay off more debt, but not all the debt. If we can keep more of our money, revenues to the government will increase because of increased spending by us. I don't have time to debate this whole issue because I am packing the house for a cross-country move, but the topic really irked me and I had to say something.

Emergency Fund, Surplus, We both mean the same thing...

Comment

I don't know what you all did with your refund, but I took my $600 and went on vacation with my wife. Something I probably wouldn't have been able to do without the extra money-and it is my money anyway. Next time your boss offers you a raise T.I., just say no thank you, I'd like the company to have my share, ya know, to make it run better. Give me a break. If you want the Gov't to pay down the debt, send your refund check back. Will you do that? I doubt it.
                Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3120 users online. 149 members and 2971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X