300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I was gonna buy you a donut Officer!"

I had some guy say this out loud to me in a 7-11 while I was buying a snack.

How would you respond?

What happened:

I was at the cash register of my local 7-11 and paying for my food, when I hear someone shout from about 10 feet away, "I was gonna buy you a donut, Officer!"

I look to my right and see a guy who I do not know smiling and walking to my register to get in line to pay for his food.

He smiles again and looks friendly and puts out his hand and asks me how I'm doing.

How would you take this? As a friendly joke from a civilian? Or would you take offense?

"Oh, thanks! I'll take you up on that - here, I'll take this one. Thanks a lot - it's really nice of you. We appreciate the support."
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Sounds like a joke to me.

Comment

I would act like it didn't even bother me. Even if he was joking, he looked like a moron doing it.
        Your mom...

Comment

"Thanks anyway, I don't eat donuts"

Although I like ateamer, prompting him to actually buy a donut, thats pretty funny.
          "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

On a side note, I don't eat donuts from gas stations. You never know who delivers those things! I was out one night, at the gas station, with an officer I work with. I about crapped when I saw the donut guy pull up. He was driving a piece of crap minivan. He looked like he hadn't showered in days. He opened the back of the van and there were the donuts. NOT COVERED. The van was filthy. And....he smoked. I don't want cigarette ashes on my donuts. Nor nasty fingers. Nope, no donuts from gas stations for me anymore!
            Your mom...

Comment

I'd just smile and tell him thats the first time I heard that one.....

I just cant bring myself to buy them while in uniform. I cant stand the comments I get even when I just hop into a stop and rob to grab a water, let alone when I walk up to the counter and open myself up for it.

Comment

Just say...NO thanks... Your wife just made me breakfast before I left my house......

Comment

I've found that some people will say some stupid $#!+ when they get a chance to have a conversation with a police officer. They will say ANYTHING......as long as they're talking to someone with a badge.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
                    Just say...NO thanks... Your wife just made me breakfast before I left my house......
                    Ouch!

"and I was going to show you what OC spray tasted like... Good thing we both changed our minds, huh?"

Comment

Mooooooooooooooooooo!

Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
                      I had some guy say this out loud to me in a 7-11 while I was buying a snack.

How would you respond?

What happened:

I was at the cash register of my local 7-11 and paying for my food, when I hear someone shout from about 10 feet away, "I was gonna buy you a donut, Officer!"

I look to my right and see a guy who I do not know smiling and walking to my register to get in line to pay for his food.

He smiles again and looks friendly and puts out his hand and asks me how I'm doing.

How would you take this? As a friendly joke from a civilian? Or would you take offense?
                      My new department very soon!
                      Take care and stay safe!
                      Ralph8119
                      A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
                      sigpic
                      http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
                      http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
                      http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
                      http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post

Comment

I'd make him buy me the donut.

Comment

I agree with VegasMetro. That is my favorite comeback. It would get me written up probably....but funny none the less.
                            "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Comment

No donuts for me thank you, but I'd be more than happy to accept a Clif Bar and a Vitamin water.
                              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6231 users online. 352 members and 5879 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X