300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me make a decision please.

As most of you know i was 10 situps shy of passing the physical test for the PPD. I was given a card and invited to test for the Goodyear Az police department today and i only have 3 days to make a decision. I REALLY wanted to work for phx. But its taking so long and i don't want to miss an opportunity to become an officer. I know i would make a great officer. The benefits are a little better but i am not really in it for any benefit but retirement in 20 years.( i make a little less working in a grocery store than an officer does where i live.) That is one of the main reasons i decided to start the whole process to begin with. I wanted to be between 50 and 55 when i retired so i could enjoy my old age. What should i do? Go for it, or be patient with Phx? All suggestions are welcome.
    "To each his own"

I would go for it.. You can always turn it down, but at least it will be an option.
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

ftrphxcop;

If I were you, I would probably go with the offer. Sounds like someone has been keeping track of you.

Depending on how far away it is, and the other benefits, it may be the best way to go.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.
      Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I think you should go for the offer.

I am not trying to rain on your parade or discourage your dream of working for Phx. PD but you also need to consider the fact that when you do pass your pt test at Phx. PD you are still not guaranteed a job.

Look at this way, your not gonna walk past a 50 dollar bill on the street in hopes of finding a 100 dollar bill a few blocks down.

Good Luck, and kick some *** on the next pt test!

Comment

Buddy, go for it! It may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. You could always transfer to PHX AFTER being on the other dept for a while. Like SpecOpsWarrior said, you wouldn't pass up a $50 bill in hopes of finding a $100. Thats a great example. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

I agree with Raychel, it is always best to keep your options open. Most of my friends who are LEOs started off by applying to several depts.

Best of luck to you.
            [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

When opportunity knocks answer the door!!!!

Go for it. Nothing from Nothing is Nothing! You just might get hired and do the job you want to do. Besides maybe someone is trying to tell you something, may it's a sign!
              Only the dead have seen the end of war! PLATO

Comment

Just go for it!!!!! DO it!!!! Does goodyear have their own academy or where do they send you....
                SURGEON GENERALS WARNING:
                IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT ****ING OFF THE K9 UNIT CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH

Comment

I dealt with Goodyear PD on a robbery case last year. They seemed very squared away.

Go for it. You can work there a couple of years and if its too small lateral over to PPD. Good luck.
                  If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

All I can say is good luck and keep trying. I would go for the other position if it was me.

Klar
                    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, I am looking into it. I do know the academy is 10 1/2 months instead of 4 1/2 and they are really looking for females. From what the officer said they only have 2. ooooh I so want to just do it. But i really want to work for phx. I would feel like i am useing someone to get what i want regardless. This stupid sense of loyalty is killing me. I am probably the only person who tested that did not apply to all of the Az departments. I have 3 days to get my application in or it closes for another year. Oh what the heck i am going for it. Worst that happens is i don't get in. At least i still have Phx.
                      "To each his own"

Comment

ftrphxcop,

Does going with goodyear mean you have to move? If so then make sure its something you really want.

If not, I would GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

Go for It! You can get your AZ.POST certification and the lateral over to Phoenix PD. You will get the experience at a smaller department before going to the big dept. Good luck.

Comment

Go for It! You can get your AZ.POST certification and the lateral over to Phoenix PD. You will get the experience at a smaller department before going to the big dept. Good luck.

Comment

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. (And don't think anything naughty of it.)

Check up on that 20 year retirement. Just because you will be eligible to retire doesn't mean you can. I've seen a lot of officers jump on it at 20 years & they don't make diddly. 20 years around here is about 65% of their monthly pay. It depends on how old you are too and your pay rank at that point but you might want to ask their Human Resources Director to help you map out a retirement plan that suits you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5241 users online. 300 members and 4941 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X