Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it pointless to censor?

I just wonder sometimes.

If a swear word is edited out of T.V or the radio, how does that change anything? Do we wonder, what word was used?

If a person on T.V shows a "private part," does that matter? It's just the human body!

Sure impressionable young minds may be effected; but it's the parent's job, not the government's job to decide what's good and bad for the child.
    Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Sure impressionable young minds may be effected; but it's the parent's job, not the government's job to decide what's good and bad for the child.
    Yeah, but it's usually the parents who go before the Government wanting changes made to keep them from doing their job.

Comment

I'm not sure I'm comprehending you, TI.

Are you advocating NO standards of censorship for tv?
      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

I wonder sometimes why the same people who get so worked up over the government taking away their 2nd amendment rights are usually the ones calling for more censorship and the taking away of our first amendment rights.

Comment

That's a sweeping statement, Connor.

My point being, there have to be SOME standards for what type of material is shown on tv.
          [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

My daughter does a good job of censoring what my granddaughter watches, but some of that stuff is so disgusting even I switch channels when it comes on.

I admit I am a bit old fashioned by today's standards, but some things are best left to the imagination.

Comment

Censorship - All it does is make what is censored stand out more. It makes a far larger issue of a trivial issue.

No one is forced to watch a show that they don't like. So why censor? It merely ruins the experiance for others.

Most European countries have far less censorship than us Americans, and as far as I can see, their society isn't any worse for it. In fact if one were to look at crime statistics, they would find that violent crimes are far less prevailent.
              Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

If you happen to like the way things are handled in European countries, feel free to take the next plane out.

As much as I censor what my children watch, I can't be there for all of it. I have no objections to cencorship at all, whether it be editing out a cuss word, or editing the nude scene, I beleive it shows a sense of decency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4507 users online. 234 members and 4273 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X