300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State police

I know that the Oregon State Police are also the wildlife Officers. Are there any other State Police that has the wildlife officers as a division?
    Thanks for any information
    Cincinnati PD

For Washington the Fish & Wildlife officers are a state agency, and they sign in and out of service and take calls from WSP Radio, but they have a different hiring process and are a separate agency... I think...
    Brass sucks.

Comment

California Dept. of Fish and Game is a completely seperate agency from the CHP. If we ever merged we'd be called "Fish and Chips."

Comment

Ours are separate also. The Arkansas State Police and the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission each have statewide authority over criminal and traffic law, however, the wildlife officers of AGFC can enforce the game and fish regulations. The ASP dispatches for me, a state park ranger, and we are totally separate from AGFC, however, we have the full authority of everyone I've mentioned above (criminal, traffic, game & fish, boating, park regs). Not many here actually know this so we often surprise people. We're usually too busy dealing with managerial / administrative issues to do much enforcement. Separate from ASP, AGFC, and us is the Arkansas Forestry Commission who employees a small number of forest rangers with extremely limited law enforcement authority. We also have the Arkansas Highway Police which is a separate agency from the Arkansas State Police despite the fact that ASP is the primary agency devoted to highway enforcement, and they have criminal and narcotics investigators too. The AHP can perform highway patrol also, but they mostly work weigh stations and monitor commercial traffic. The only other two state law enforcement agencies that I can think of are the Alcoholic Beverage Control agents and the Probation and Parole Officers which have very limited enforcement authority.

Comment

Originally posted by CHP Medic View Post
          California Dept. of Fish and Game is a completely seperate agency from the CHP. If we ever merged we'd be called "Fish and Chips."
          That gave me a chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by CHP Medic View Post
            Damn that's funny
            LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

In Delaware the Fish and Wildlife Agents are a seperate organization at the state level. But there's a law in the state code that makes any police officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff and (I think) constable an ex-officio game warden.

Comment

In Alabama, there are two law enforcement agencies under the Dept of Conservation and Natural Resources. They are the Enforcement Div of the Alabama Fish and Game Commision, and the Alabama Marine Police. Both agencies have statewide police powers. In many instances they are dispatched by district Trooper posts, but are a distinct agency from the Alabama Dept of Public Safety.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9008 users online. 365 members and 8643 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X