Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my former classmate arrested....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my former classmate arrested....

Today I had to go back to work from 23:00-24:30 (night guy was late). Ok whatever, on my way out one of my former classmates drives up and asked to use the bathroom. I told him yeah and started to observe his behavior.

I suspected he was drunk after he was slurring his words and was pretty sure he was drunk after he almost hit the chip rack. After the male classmate came out of the bathroom I asked him if he was drunk, he replied "yeah but im 1/2 mile away from home." I asked him where he was going and he replied "he should go home but, he still wants to hangout with his friends". So I told him he was drunk and shouldnt drive.

After about a second of thought I figure I go across the street and call 911, I than call 911 and explain I thought that a young male wearing a white shirt and blue pants was drunk and currently sitting on the brick ledge at the 7-Eleven. I asked that the officers showing up not come in code 3 but pretend they were getting a cup of coffee I told them I would stay on the line and watch him to make sure he didnt go anywhere( He was waiting @ the store to meet a friend). I stayed on the line until two units rolled up. In the end he was cuffed and stuffed.

I almost felt bad that I got him arrested but.....F him he drove drunk and I cant accept that.....
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

No offense, but people like who you call 911, annoy me!
    Your mom...

Comment

why not take his keys?
      Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
      Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
        why not take his keys?
        I dont know him that well, so I didnt think it would be legit...

His father is owner of the vehicle.....which is probably going to get towed

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
          No offense, but people like who you call 911, annoy me!
          Thats ok.....when I go through your area Im going to call 911 on your cruiser.....I thought your tail light was out J/K

Comment

Well, you could tell him he has a choice: give you his keys or you'll call 911, because you care about him.

It's kinda chicken to do it anonymously...

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
            I dont know him that well, so I didnt think it would be legit...

His father is owner of the vehicle.....which is probably going to get towed
            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
              Well, you could tell him he has a choice: give you his keys or you'll call 911, because you care about him.

It's kinda chicken to do it anonymously...
              Im sure he knows I called 911 on him......I know im going to hear crap from all his friends

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

P.S. Dispatch did get all my info

Comment

so the officers did not observe him driving, yet arrested him on your word??? odd!
                "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Thats ok.....when I go through your area Im going to call 911 on your cruiser.....I thought your tail light was out J/K
                  Wtf. Was I supposed to laugh at that? Seriously....

911 is for life threatening emergencies. I REPEAT, LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES. Difficulty breathing? Call 911. Seizures? Call 911. Fire? Call 911 etc.

Calling 911, telling the operator that the officers need not show up "Code 3," and act like they are getting coffee, is not your place. Who are you to tell the officers how to do their job? Seriously. I would have told you that too. You aren't an LEO....yet.....so stop acting like one.
                  Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
                    so the officers did not observe him driving, yet arrested him on your word??? odd!
                    He probably admitted guilt...

Comment

Wtf. Was I supposed to laugh at that? Seriously....

911 is for life threatening emergencies. I REPEAT, LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES. Difficulty breathing? Call 911. Seizures? Call 911. Fire? Call 911 etc.

Calling 911, telling the operator that the officers need not show up "Code 3," and act like they are getting coffee, is not your place. Who are you to tell the officers how to do their job? Seriously. I would have told you that too. You aren't an LEO....yet.....so stop acting like one.
                      Sorry I didnt know the none emergancy number. So what should I do for the next drunk customer ?

Comment

You work at a 7-11 and don't have the local police departments number handy? Really? Odd.

As far as the next drunk customer. Do what you want. I could care less. But don't call 911 acting like you are the 5-0
                        Your mom...

Comment

You work at a 7-11 and don't have the local police departments number handy? Really? Odd.

As far as the next drunk customer. Do what you want. I could care less. But don't call 911 acting like you are the 5-0
                          I know im not the police, but dispatch didnt seem to mind that I called 911. Both non emergancy and emergancy calls go to the same room/ same person.

BTW the male was 20 years old.

Comment

I know im not the police, but dispatch didnt seem to mind that I called 911. Both non emergancy and emergancy calls go to the same room/ same person.
                            Not the point. Dispatch centers only have certain amount of 911 lines and a certain amount of non emergency lines. So by you calling 911 for a NON emergency, you are taking up that line. Possibly tying it up for someone who needs to get through on an actual emergency. Ya dig? There is no call waiting in 911 centers.

And if you know that both non emergency and 911 calls go to the same room same person, then why don't you know the number!?
                            Your mom...

Comment

Easy, Christyle.......Easy......
                              1*

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5104 users online. 283 members and 4821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X