• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Cowboys STILL America's Team

Dallas Cowboys STILL America's Team !!!

USATODAY: Top 10 Franchises For Fan Base

America's Top 10 Sports Franchises For Fan Base

1/21/2003

Recent polls show fan base for American sports franchises.

1. Dallas Cowboys
    2. New York Yankees
    3. Green Bay Packers
    4. Los Angelas Lakers
    5. Chicago Cubs
    6. San Francisco 49ers
    7. Los Angelas Dodgers
    8. Tennessee Titans
    9. Atlanta Braves
    10. St. Louis Rams

Most Hated Franchise: Dallas Cowboys

Most Marketable Franchise: New York Yankees

Top For International Fans: Dallas Cowboys

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a great franchise is STILL a great franchise in regards to FAN base DESPITE 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons.

of course with Parcells as head coach please watch as another Lombardi Trophy comes back to Dallas soon.

the Cowboys have one hand with rings on all fingers, now it's time to work on the second hand.

and the 'Boys are still the most hated team as well. i guess that's what 5 Super Bowl championships will do to fans of other teams.

Philadelphia who????
    I'll post, You argue.

That poll obviously didn't have a whole lot of folks from the Dallas area involved in it.

Jerry Jones is a buffoon and has done his best to run the club into the ground. The players haven't helped much either. One of them was recently arrested for killing two people in a Hit and Run accident. Not to mention their dope arrests, etc.

The Cowboys won't be America's team until someone besides Jerry Jones is the owner.

[ 01-23-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Evnings ]
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Evnings:
      "That poll obviously didn't have a whole lot of folks from the Dallas area involved in it."

which goes to show that the Cowboys have fans ALL OVER the country.

Jerry Jones is a buffoon and has done his best to run the club into the ground. The players haven't helped much either. One of them was recently arrested for killing two people in a Hit and Run accident. Not to mention their dope arrests, etc.

EVERY team has it's idiots. so for all of you fans of Ray Lewis (who got away with murder) and Rae Carruth (who didn't) don't throw stones. sorry...i don't have time to list every teams felons here.

The Cowboys won't be America's team until someone besides Jerry Jones is the owner.

try telling that to USA Today who obviously polled differently.

[ 01-23-2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Texas is still in America?

Comment

Of course America loves the Cowboys, every state has at least one outstanding warrant for a member of their team. sort of feels like a hometown team in that regard.

Comment

Of course the Cowboys are still #1, even when they are almost last in the league. They're either loved or hated but either way they are still well-known.

Comment

I love rubbing it in my classmates faces here in louisiana that the Cowboys have won more playoff games in 1 season than the Saints have in their whole history!!
              TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
              Police Officer
              Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
              Mesquite, TX
              Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by dubya:
                I love rubbing it in my classmates faces here in louisiana that the Cowboys have won more playoff games in 1 season than the Saints have in their whole history!!

when the Cowboys were in the middle of their 1-15 season in jimmy johnson's first year all of my friends (browns fans ) were just giving me **** like no tomorrow as the browns were winning. i told them "i GUARANTEE the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl before the browns." and they continued to hoot and holler and laugh somemore.

needless to say since that time the 'Boys won 3 more Super Bowls and those same sorry browns fans are STILL waiting!!!!
                I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I have to give the Cowboy fans credit. They are the most loyal fans of of any sport, well except maybe S. American soccer fans. These people stick by there team no matter how many crackheads and other assorted criminals this team acquires.

When the Oliers were here it was just a nice little I-45 rivalry. Then they moved away and so many people just converted to cowboy fans. Now that we have the Texas it would take them log to see the error of thier ways.

[ 01-24-2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: DWS ]
                  "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertold Brecht

Comment

quote:
                    Texas is still in America?
                    Dontcha mean "America is still part of Texas?"

Out
                    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

I grew up to hate them. I was raised during the Steelers run as a dynasty....... you know, where they beat Dallas TWICE in the Super Bowl and became the first team to win 4 of them.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Niteshift:
                        I grew up to hate them. I was raised during the Steelers run as a dynasty....... you know, where they beat Dallas TWICE in the Super Bowl and became the first team to win 4 of them.

yeah...and how long have steelers fans been waiting for "one for the thumb"???

ask neil o'donnell how he likes larry brown and super bowl XXX.
                        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Couldn't tell ya.......stopped being a football fan after the strike.....just like I stopped watching baseball after their first strike etc.

Tough for me to sympathize with a guy making a few million a year whining about not having a pension plan. DUMB***....a few million IS a pension plan!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6568 users online. 363 members and 6205 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X