300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Infraction PET PEEVES!!!

We may or may not have already done this, but, coming into work tonight, it just got on my nerves! My biggest traffic infraction(s) is/are:

1. FAILURE TO SIGNAL TURN. I can't tell you how bad it burns me up when someone doesn't signal. I'll stop for this in a heartbeat.

2. IMPROPER USE OF HORN. I can't tell you how many times I stop teens that cruise through town, blowing at their friends parked at the local Subway.

How about 'em? What are yours?
    Last edited by towncop; 05-23-2008, 05:42 PM. Reason: Took out the funny part so ENTERTHEDRAGON would keep the thread on track.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Originally posted by enterthedragon
    Why the sarcasm? It only makes you look like a jerk and gives the rest of us a bad name.
    That's funny. What, don't tell me you can't take a joke? How's that? I edited #1 and I'll keep my jokes to myself so you will keep the thread on track.
    Last edited by towncop; 05-23-2008, 05:44 PM.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

I think it's funny.

Did you miss the grin?

...well rats, it got edited.

Why the sarcasm? It only makes you look like a jerk and gives the rest of us a bad name.
      Last edited by rubyrose; 05-23-2008, 05:48 PM. Reason: OP got edited
      Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
      Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
        I think it's funny.

Did you miss the grin?

...well rats, it got edited.
        Yeah, I edited it. I didn't know someone, especially another cop, wouldn't get the sarcasm and cry about me making all cops look bad. So I took it out to keep the thread rolling.

Comment

Hang around with cops & you gotta "get" cop humor.

Even I know that.

Guy must have a burr up...nevermind.

Originally posted by towncop View Post
          Yeah, I edited it. I didn't know someone, especially another cop, wouldn't get the sarcasm and cry about me making all cops look bad. So I took it out to keep the thread rolling.
          A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Signal violations, rolling stop signs, window tint, and flicking cigs out window....

Comment

Tailgaters!

What about the folks who can't seem to understand they should pull over when the car with the flashing lights and siren comes up the road?
              ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

failure to move over for a stopped emergency vehicle

Comment

People pulling out infront of me and then a block later, turn without using their turn signal.

Comment

Not a cop, but I hate people that tailgate. The ones that ride you.
                    The ones that leap frog you one a 2 lane street. And people in crotch rockets going full speed weaving through traffic.
                    sigpic

Comment

As a citizen my pet peeve (don't know whether it is citable) is when you signal to change lanes or try to enter from an onramp and there's a long line of cars next to you -- and NOT ONE person will either pull ahead or drop back to let you in -- as if a few feet would make the difference as to when they will arrive at their destination. I have to admit that when that happens, if this has gone on for a while and I am getting too close to where I need to be to make my exit ramp, or too close to the end of the entrance ramp, I will slowly inch over to "motivate" them to drop back.

I am not normally an aggressive driver, but sometimes you have to be.

Other pet peeves about drivers (again not likely citable) -- I'm at a stop light, the light turns green, and the person behind me honks a nanosecond later.

Oh yeah...and the guy who passed me illegally across a double yellow line on a city street because I was going too slow for him (speed limit), and when we got to the stop light he was right in front of me, saving himself, oh, that nanosecond. In short, ALL people who speed through city traffic and then end up saving two seconds at best.

The people who honk in dead stop traffic, as if that will make the cars ahead move.

All California drivers. Ok, ALMOST all.

Drivers who speed up to make the yellow light but it turns red and it's too late for them to stop. My daughter got T-boned by one of those and at age 17 suffered a whiplash injury that still causes her back pain at 35. (And the driver had the gall to give the cops an outdated ID (wrong address) and outdated insurance info and I had to track him down by calling the local Army Reserve office because somewhere along the way it got mentioned that he was a Reservist. Lawsuit settled for $25,000, and it should have been a lot more.)

All drivers who fail to have liability insurance, even in states like NY where it is required by law.
                      Last edited by rubyrose; 05-23-2008, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Now I'm curious as to what he sarcasm was...

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        We may or may not have already done this, but, coming into work tonight, it just got on my nerves! My biggest traffic infraction(s) is/are:

1. FAILURE TO SIGNAL TURN. I can't tell you how bad it burns me up when someone doesn't signal. I'll stop for this in a heartbeat.
                        +1 - It's like they expect to me read their minds which way they are going to turn. Sometimes I can tell but the other times, I can't!

When drivers tail and when passing me, give me a dirty look as if I'm going too slow but on my speedometer, it says I'm going the limit. (What's the speed limit for?! How I wish to ask them that )

When drivers pass me and cut me off, letting me know that I'm not driving the speed they want me to be and then slow down, driving 5 mph under the speed limit.

I can't stand driving next to semi trucks. I get freaked out when I see them lean over to my side and drive over the dotted line.

Talking on their cellphones and slowing down traffic!!!!!

Women putting on their makeup while driving.

When I see construction workers working on the side of the road and I move a lane over, a driver speeds past me and not even slowing down when there are civilians that are about 2 feet away from the road.

Drivers who can't decide which lane they want to drive in and drive in the middle over the dotted line. It's like they think they own the road and the world revolves around only them for them to be able to do that.

Drivers running through red lights, thinking they are slick enough to get away with it when incoming traffic is coming towards them.

Drivers who make U-turns at no u-turn streets.

Drivers who think they have right of way when their light clearly shows red and my light shows a green frickin arrow!!

Hm, I have more but it would take so long...

Comment

The loud car stereos. For goodness sakes, I don't want to hear Kenny Chesney blasting so loudly from your truck that I can't hear my own music in my car with the windows rolled up !!!!!
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

My city has a noise abatement law that allows officers to impound cars with too loud stereos and the driver gets fined $250, plus has to pay for the towing and impound fees.

And of course, those with the loud stereos often have, oh, open liquor containers, drugs, weapons and other contraband in plain view. Not to mention outstanding warrants, expired registration, no license, and no insurance. I know officers who just LOVE to do noise abatement details cuz it bumps up their arrests.

I've often said that the local criminals would get away with a lot more if they weren't so damn noisy about it, and intent on announcing their presence.

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            The loud car stereos. For goodness sakes, I don't want to hear Kenny Chesney blasting so loudly from your truck that I can't hear my own music in my car with the windows rolled up !!!!!
                            Last edited by rubyrose; 05-23-2008, 11:46 PM.

Comment

-Tailgaters... I just slow down on them... One person was so close for so long my odoameter wasn't even showing my speed anymore... And this guy STILL didn't understand.

-Not using turn signals

-Idiots who don't know how to use horns

-Idiots who have their radio turned up so loud you can hear them 5 blocks away.

-How about just all bad drivers? *whistling*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3551 users online. 267 members and 3284 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X