300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frightened and Confused

It's 0130. I'm channel surfing waiting for that 0200 secure hour and I stop on MTV2 where some white guy is rappin. I thinks, heh, this isn't that bad. It actually sounded a little bit like music as opposed to whatever that is rap usually sounds like. I listen a little more and think, I actually kind of like this. At the end of the song the flash the title and artist on the screen. It's Eminem, "Lost yourself" )or something like that)

What do I do now? I think I need therapy, or a 12 step program, or drugs or something. I'm just going to go to bed and pretend this never happen.

[ 01-23-2003, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: DesertRat ]

Oh, you'd be surprised, some rappers actual have real talent; a (minute) few don't just rip off old song beats, and spout some crude prose.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
    -Mark Twain

Comment

DR,
      I am truly sorry to hear about your misfortune. [Frown]

Comment

Maybe you should try Slim Shady's 12 steps to getting real

I had the same expirence a year or so ago. I heard him on the radio and thoug, "I wonder who this is. Pretty cool, I can actually hear the words." My wife had to slap me and bring me out of it.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Don't worry Desert, I had a hard time admiting I liked that song also and I'm not into rap or Eminem but "Lose Yourself" is a song I like!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by wonderwoman:
            Don't worry Desert, I had a hard time admiting I liked that song also and I'm not into rap or Eminem but "Lose Yourself" is a song I like!

WW -- i admit i am part of the crowd too. normally i ABHOR rap/hip-hop and would use a rap CD to pick up my dog's turds, but this ditty is decent. i think this is actually the 2nd rap tune i've ever liked.

even my 17 year old son is amazed that i like it (he doesn't and doesn't like rap at all either!!).

ok folks...nothing to see here, now let's get back to some REAL music.
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Hi, my name is Kirch and I'm a 36-year-old Kid Rock fan.

HI KIRCH!

It all started when I heard the song "Bowitaba" on the radio. Then "Cowboy". That was it. I was hooked. I had to go buy the CD. My wife's reaction -- [Eek!] . She thinks I'm entering male menopause or something. Hey, at least I didn't buy a Corvette, right?

At least, not yet...
              Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

DR, you've admitted that you have a problem. That's the first step. I suggest you check out a local RA (Rap Anonymous) group.
                Bill R

Comment

You think you have it bad? I actually found myself watching a Limp Biskit (spelling?) video not too long ago AND enjoying it!!! YIKES! [Eek!]

Comment

nice. As heard on radio other day:

"someone asked me if I have ever heard rap music before. I said yeah, I hear it all the time when Im pulled up at the traffic light coming from the car next to me"

DesertRat.. admittedly also, if you look at the originality, there can be some 'artistry' to it.. or maybe it was just the late hour..
                    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

*sobbing uncontrollably*

I've always hated rap. But this guy's music has me wanting to buy a CD. *SOBSOB* My friends shun me now. I'm not allowed anywhere near a jukebox.
                      My problem is I don't want to stop! I stand in my living room, waving my hands in the air and pointing to an imaginary crowd. Somebody HELP ME!!!!! [Eek!]
                      Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

Finally someone has come out of the closet...

Ok damnit... I bought the Avril Lavigne CD.

She is the anti-Brittany!

Comment

That's a great song, DR. there are alot of different kinds of rap songs...they dont all sound the same at all. i dont like "hard rap." but alot of music incorporates some rap into it now. congrats!
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Elvis's daughter is coming out with an album..maybe it will be Elvis kid rap and all us old farts can go crazy again
                            dilligaff

Comment

I know how you feel!
                              I kept the "dial" on a country music station for one song. I think it was Clint Black, hell it all sounds the same. Some one whining about something.
                              So I geuss I am crazy cause I liked a different kind of music.

TG
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5539 users online. 326 members and 5213 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X