Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so today i got my first complain from an unhappy customer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so today i got my first complain from an unhappy customer

    she didn't like the citation i issued to her. i'm now a real cop

    i can't believe people want to file a complain because they get cited for driving M/I suspended

  • #2
    Wait until you get a complaint for turning on some "too aggressively." And they complain because you didn't go a mile up the road to an intersection to make a "U" turn to pull them other. Better yet you didn't write the exact feet in distance from the mile post you cited them at, because "I know the law and that's what you have to do."
    Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

    Comment


    • #3
      My first complaint was from a female I pulled over and did not cite (at the discretion of my T/O). She told the Sgt. she was glad not to have gotten a ticket and said I was professional, but I had "intimidated her."

      Guess I should have used my sexy "come hither" good boy voice.

      Comment


      • #4
        That is why I love crack heads, they don't like to go to the popo with out a steel bracelet invite

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
          That is why I love crack heads, they don't like to go to the popo with out a steel bracelet invite
          Never thought of that, good point (I will find out in a couple years I guess).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Looker View Post
            My first complaint was from a female I pulled over and did not cite (at the discretion of my T/O). She told the Sgt. she was glad not to have gotten a ticket and said I was professional, but I had "intimidated her."

            Guess I should have used my sexy "come hither" good boy voice.
            He sexually harassed me with his come hither voice!
            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

            Comment


            • #7
              You will find a certain percentage of the population will complain about anything and everything.....some true complaints..... 1. the officer drove at a safe speed through a yellow light and should set a better example 2. the officer pointed rudely at me....he was nice and professional when he talked to me in person, but when he pointed to the curb to show me where to stop my car he pointed rudely 3. the officer followed me for 6 miles after he gave me a citation and shouldnt be allowed to 4. I never talked to the officer, but he gave me a parking ticket and he is harassing me because I was illegally parked two days in a row and he ticketed me both days 5. when the officer stopped me his vehicle came to a stop in a no parking zone and it was illegal for him to park there while he was stopping me 6. the officer who gave me a ticket was polite and professional, but he gave me a ticket...he could have given me a warning and it was rude that he didnt and the most recent complaint two days ago....... I didnt know the name of the public works employee who installed some traffic signs at an intersection....guy pulls over and interrupts my traffic stop to demand to know the name of the employee who installed the traffic signs....evidently telling him I didnt know the persons name, but that any of the folks at public works could help him wasnt good enough.

              Some people are just turds........ comes with the territory especially if you do a lot of traffic. I have yet to have a parolee or tweaker even after chases and fights complain, but soccer moms and joe knowitall are too good to be stopped by the police.

              Comment


              • #8
                wait until your first lawsuit.

                those are always fun.
                ===============================
                Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
                Stuff happens.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by theole34 View Post
                  wait until your first lawsuit.

                  those are always fun.
                  When you get sued do you (the officer) have to pay for your own lawyer? Or does the department have lawyers to represent you.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, gawd...these are hysterical. Just goes to show you that a sense of entitlement pervades everywhere.

                    Reminds me of a story a power company exec told me about a woman who cussed him out because a power outage interfered with her dinner party -- when an ice storm cut power to thousands of people across the region.


                    Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
                    You will find a certain percentage of the population will complain about anything and everything.....some true complaints..... 1. the officer drove at a safe speed through a yellow light and should set a better example 2. the officer pointed rudely at me....he was nice and professional when he talked to me in person, but when he pointed to the curb to show me where to stop my car he pointed rudely 3. the officer followed me for 6 miles after he gave me a citation and shouldnt be allowed to 4. I never talked to the officer, but he gave me a parking ticket and he is harassing me because I was illegally parked two days in a row and he ticketed me both days 5. when the officer stopped me his vehicle came to a stop in a no parking zone and it was illegal for him to park there while he was stopping me 6. the officer who gave me a ticket was polite and professional, but he gave me a ticket...he could have given me a warning and it was rude that he didnt and the most recent complaint two days ago....... I didnt know the name of the public works employee who installed some traffic signs at an intersection....guy pulls over and interrupts my traffic stop to demand to know the name of the employee who installed the traffic signs....evidently telling him I didnt know the persons name, but that any of the folks at public works could help him wasnt good enough.

                    Some people are just turds........ comes with the territory especially if you do a lot of traffic. I have yet to have a parolee or tweaker even after chases and fights complain, but soccer moms and joe knowitall are too good to be stopped by the police.
                    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      all you have to know it's not your fault.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                        When you get sued do you (the officer) have to pay for your own lawyer? Or does the department have lawyers to represent you.
                        NYPD Members are represented by the Corporation Counsel if we are indemnified. That said - your ducks must be in a row. There are a lot of factors involved.

                        I have been sued 3 times. No, not a bad officer. I was a very active Anti-Crime (Plainclothes) Cop, and had a lot of hands on experiences. Some people got hurt along the way. My partners, and I always went home... sometimes bruised and a little busted up, but always went home!!!

                        I have been indemnified all 3 times. No person has successfully sued me.



                        BUT WE DIGRESS --- lol

                        the guy got his first complaint!!!
                        be careful guys.
                        ===============================
                        Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
                        Stuff happens.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had the editor of a local rag file a tort claim against the city for $50,000 but he never followed through with the suit. He was angry that I called his advertisers (off-duty and from my home phone) and told them I wouldn't patronize their business if they continued to support him. He was printing lies about me.
                          Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

                          We don't rent pigs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                            When you get sued do you (the officer) have to pay for your own lawyer? Or does the department have lawyers to represent you.
                            If you find yourself not being represented (maybe you are being accused of acting out of your scope of duties), your home owners insurance may cover you.

                            Be cautious about asking them directly because they will count it as a claim whether they pay anything out or not. Use your agent to inquire an explain clearly to him you are just seeking information.
                            Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

                            We don't rent pigs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by theole34 View Post
                              NYPD Members are represented by the Corporation Counsel if we are indemnified. That said - your ducks must be in a row. There are a lot of factors involved.

                              I have been sued 3 times. No, not a bad officer. I was a very active Anti-Crime (Plainclothes) Cop, and had a lot of hands on experiences. Some people got hurt along the way. My partners, and I always went home... sometimes bruised and a little busted up, but always went home!!!

                              I have been indemnified all 3 times. No person has successfully sued me.



                              BUT WE DIGRESS --- lol

                              the guy got his first complaint!!!
                              be careful guys.
                              Ok cool cool, as long as you went home that's all that matters.


                              If you find yourself not being represented (maybe you are being accused of acting out of your scope of duties), your home owners insurance may cover you.

                              Be cautious about asking them directly because they will count it as a claim whether they pay anything out or not. Use your agent to inquire an explain clearly to him you are just seeking information.
                              Not a leo yet!
                              Thanks alot Barkalot good to know,maybe someone can realate/use the info you provided. Thanks again Barkalot!


                              Can your supervisors tell the diffrence from a legitimate complaint and a b.s complaint?
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5056 users online. 391 members and 4665 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X