Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you (in honor of national police week)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you (in honor of national police week)

Thought I'd start a thread for citizens who want to say thank you. I don't think you guys get enough appreciation, and you get way too much criticism from citizens who don't understand your job.

My cop friends tell me the thank you's are few and far between, so I send thank you's to them and cc their bosses any time I can. And I repeat the thank you's publicly in police-citizen meetings.

In that spirit I'll start this off with an incident that happened a few years ago.

I was heading home late one night, around 11:30 p.m., when my car stalled out in a bad part of town. Couldn't get it restarted. I was at an intersection in the far left lane. Cars whizzed past me. No one would stop...actually, because of the neighborhood I really didn't want anyone to stop as that could have gotten me into worse trouble. (This was before I had a cell phone.)

I sat there petrified of getting hit and trying to decide which was worse -- staying in the car and possibly being injured if someone hit me, or getting out and standing on the roadside, risking getting mugged or worse. It was dark and traffic was whizzing past.

Luck was with me. After about five minutes, two officers (one car) just happened to drive by. They pushed my car off to the side out of traffic, & radioed for a tow -- all what you would normally expect. But then they sat there with me until the tow arrived. One of them walked me up a few blocks to an ATM so I could pay the tow driver, who would only take cash.

"In the line of duty" or not, it was much appreciated.

(Of course I do much better now making sure the electrical system functions properly so I don't get into a situation like that again!) Plus I am religious about having a fully charged-up cell phone with me.

I have dozens of other thank you stories to tell.
    Last edited by rubyrose; 05-13-2008, 07:13 PM.
    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Well, thank you for saying thank you.

Comment

You're welcome.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

THANK YOU to all officers that place their lives on the line for us everyday - Stay Safe and Blessed!

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for everything that you do to keep us safe. For all the sacrifices that you make everyday to do the job that you do. I know that we do not say thank you enough but we know that we can only live the lives that we live because you are there. So for that I THANK YOU!!!!!!
          B.

Comment

Please check out my blog on Officer.com ( http://www.officer.com/interactive/2...say-thank-you/ )and leave a comment however you are moved to do so. Below are some pictures from last night's Candlelight Vigil service. I am not a photographer... but even with my **** poor picture taking and editing skills it's clear to see what it meant to so many.

And YOU ARE WELCOME!

Comment

I thank you with a grateful hope and a prayer.
              I'm working hard to join your ranks and hopefully lend a hand in the fight to make our country even better by serving my fellow citizens. God Bless You women and men who chose the path less travelled but more honorable.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God"
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

I'll chime in also - THANK YOU ALL!

My encounters with LEO have all been postive, even when I was getting a ticket(not often). I had some very compassionate ones respond to an accident years ago, a friend was driving her pick-up and a motorcyclist come out of a side street against the light and we hit him. We felt terrible, very shaken up and sorry for the kid. The police's attitude made it better.

Comment

Thanks to all in LE, for all you do every day - in whatever type department you work, and whatever type of job you do.

Around here we all had the dangers and sacrifices brought close to home again, after yet another Philly cop lost his life in the line of duty.

Be careful

Comment

I was beginning to worry that no one was going to pick this thread up -- it went for nearly a day with no comments.

Glad to see others jumping in now. And Frank, I left a comment on your blog, but with a different name.
                    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Thank you all keep up the good work,stay safe and take care. LeanG (and all the Sunshine state Leo's) a special thanks for keeping the roads/streets safe here in the Sunshine state.

sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!
                        "Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck

"Don't put yourself in a position to investigate yourself" ~CommonSense

"Now, what is the rule?" "Protect myself at all times."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                          Thank you all keep up the good work,stay safe and take care. LeanG (and all the Sunshine state Leo's) a special thanks for keeping the roads/streets safe here in the Sunshine state.

You're welcome, bro...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jellybean400;1234865]Thanks to all in LE, for all you do every day - in whatever type department you work, and whatever type of job you do.

+10000, god bless you all, you are the light in times of darkness!
                            It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Thank you to all of the officers out there.

Be safe!
                              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12096 users online. 504 members and 11592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X