300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What back up weapons do you carry?

Just wondering what some of the other LEO's out there carry for a back up weapon besides a gun. I carry a Kel-Tec .380 clipped to my vest and on the other side of my vest, I carry a large push dagger. I then have another knife attached to a breakaway chain that I wear around my neck. Long story short, my utility belt looks like Batman's. I guess I am a gadget man. I used to carry a pair of brass knuckles in my back pocket. Is anyone else out there like this and what do you carry besides a back up gun?
    sigpic

S&W .38 snubnose attached to my ankle and a pair of strong fists

Comment

Last edited by Huey County; 08-05-2009, 01:21 AM.
      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
      Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
      For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
      'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

I got a grenade launcher. Always wanted to say that.

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by DREGOD View Post
          Just wondering what some of the other LEO's out there carry for a back up weapon besides a gun. I carry a Kel-Tec .380 clipped to my vest and on the other side of my vest, I carry a large push dagger. I then have another knife attached to a breakaway chain that I wear around my neck. Long story short, my utility belt looks like Batman's. I guess I am a gadget man. I used to carry a pair of brass knuckles in my back pocket. Is anyone else out there like this and what do you carry besides a back up gun?
          Just my service weapon and once upon a time a slapper!
          Take care and stay safe!
          Ralph8119
          A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
          sigpic
          http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
          http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
          http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
          http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by DREGOD View Post
            OMG dude! If it's not issued to you, don't carry it!!!
            Hope you're trained in edged weapons and your department authorizes the BUG. Otherwise it could get very interesting in court. I'd love to see you explain the brass knuckles in court!

Something going on in Independence we should know about?
            "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

I carry a nunchuck wielding midget in my back pocket :-p

Comment

I am amazed to hear nobody has a pocket trunk monkey or two.
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by billtex213 View Post
                  OMG dude! If it's not issued to you, don't carry it!!!
                  Hope you're trained in edged weapons and your department authorizes the BUG. Otherwise it could get very interesting in court. I'd love to see you explain the brass knuckles in court!

Indep. Mo. is old school, Those Officers don't mess around.
                  "Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck

"Don't put yourself in a position to investigate yourself" ~CommonSense

"Now, what is the rule?" "Protect myself at all times."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billtex213 View Post
                    OMG dude! If it's not issued to you, don't carry it!!!Hope you're trained in edged weapons and your department authorizes the BUG. Otherwise it could get very interesting in court. I'd love to see you explain the brass knuckles in court!

That would rule out about 80% of the gear guys carry day in, day out, around here......They issue us very little.....

I carry a BUG, and a KA-BAR TDI knife when in uniform.....I will sometimes carry my Gonzales 415 sap as well......

The brass knuckles on the other hand.....
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Glock 27. I'm thinking of adding a TDI knife.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Carrying brass knucks is stupid. Period. My agency does not allow fixed blades to be carried on duty nor the abovementioned sap.
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I'm actually surprised that they still LET us carry the sap.....

When I first started, we could still carry sap gloves.....those went away shortly after I came on.....

Small (like the TDI) fixed blade knives are cool.....they would frown on a full size KA-BAR though
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Trunk Monkey

Mossberg

AR

SAW

240B

.50 browning

Mortar..
                            In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                              Trunk Monkey

Mossberg

AR

SAW

240B

.50 browning

Mortar..

You left out the AT-4. Remember the reservist who stole the tank in Cali? (think it was Cali...).

As for me, I make it a point to eat at Taco Bell before each shift. If they attack me from behind, one good fart and they're down faster than a taser.

- V

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5056 users online. 389 members and 4667 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X