Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer (Virus?) Question

Okay...I'm needing help again.

Anytime I send a mailing to the full list of LEOs in my address book, I'm getting this error message, TWICE for every email I send.

It generally goes like this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail01b.rapidsite.net.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
    64.156.215.5 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to [email protected] cannot be delivered. This account is over quota. - mta119.mail.scd.yahoo.com

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Then it shows the email i sent.

The main headache is this:

jjd123abc IS NOT IM MY ADDRESS BOOK-I've never heard of this address or seen it before.

I've scanned the whole computer twice with McAfee and twice with norton and it does NOT show any viruses (and I update it daily almost).

I have had people complain that I had a virus attached, and they caught it with Norton, but my Norton says no when it is sent... ???????

Help! I have had good luck here before with O.com Tech Support ( ) and hope it continues...
    People have more fun than anybody.

If you bought your computer completely stock from a store try to contact the manufacturer (By phone) if it is still under warranty. I once had a guy talk me through the whole thing, we found it and he told me how to destroy it.

A possible reason you can't find it:

It could be a Trojan that has attached itself to a file or folder and is masking itself as said folder. When Anti-virus does a sweep it just passes right over it. It may have come into your computer this way, masked in a download or something. When you send it out by email it is in a different form, no longer hidden it is simply attached, and thus other peoples antivirus are able to snag it as it arrives.

Another possibility is that it is a truly nasty beast that has corrupted your Anti-virus software.

If you can't get rid of it yourself, you might want to take it to a computer tech. Or try a clean format, but even that may not get rid of it. If all else fails got to Bestbuy and buy a new HD, Western Digital has an 80gig for $140 with a $60 mail-in rebate.

Sorry I can't help ya. Hope someone else on here can.
    There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

"<[email protected]>:
      64.156.215.5 failed after I sent the message.
      Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to [email protected] cannot be delivered. This account is over quota. - mta119.mail.scd.yahoo.com"

It sounds to me like this one person may have to much crap in his mailbox, and his server or email host won't allow him to accept anymore. I don't think it's a problem on your end. Try sending a test message to that one email address "[email protected]" and see if you get the same message. Then try sending an email to a different email and see if it goes through. Good luck

Comment

quote:
        jjd123abc IS NOT IM MY ADDRESS BOOK-I've never heard of this address or seen it before.

FWIW Sgt. Dave, I look up the Yahoo ID jjd123abc in Yahoo Member directory and came up with this...

Yahoo! ID: jjd123abc

If you have Yahoo here's the link but I think you have to log in to see it.
        jjd123abc

EDIT: More info...
        At the bottom of this mans page on Yahoo I clicked this link and it goes to another page
        John Daley
        click on info at the top and it will show you his picture and at the bottom of this page it say's Professional page - www.guardroom.com

Do a DNS lookup of www.guardroom.com and it's owned by John Daley.

[ 01-21-2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Royce ]
        Royce is a Lady

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by SGT Dave:
          \
          The main headache is this:

I don't know how Yahoo has things set up, but if they allow the same mailbox to have more than one address associated with it, that could explain the problem (i.e., you may be sending a msg using one ID, but when the server complains about the mailbox being full, it uses a different (primary?) ID in the message).

Also, it could be that you're sending the mail to an account that is being forwarded to the Yahoo account.

At any rate, as some folks have mentioned already, it doesn't really look like a virus -- its just the recipient's server letting you know that the mail can't be delivered.

Just my $.02 -- hope it helps.

[ 01-21-2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Peacenik ]
          "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

I don't know how Yahoo has things set up, but if they allow the same mailbox to have more than one address associated with it, that could explain the problem (i.e., you may be sending a msg using one ID, but when the server complains about the mailbox being full, it uses a different (primary?) ID in the message)

That is how Yahoo is set up. On one of my Yahoo email accounts, I have two different "ID's", and no matter which one the email is sent to, the "reply" shows the original ID.

Could be the answer.
            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4309 users online. 238 members and 4071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X