• Show
Clear All

• For all you Penn and Teller fans

there were funny at one time. now they are just
    @$$holes.

Penn & Teller ridicule
    Christ's crucifixion
    Comedy duo presents skit where angel performs sex act on 'Jesus'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post, You argue.

quote:
    Originally posted by Frogman:
    Actually I was never a fan of these two to begin with, but to each his own.

Hey Nick, wonder wonder how much these two make a year?

more than me and you put together then double that and double it again...at the VERY least. BUT THEY ARE WORTH IT since they are entertainers. maybe if we become a team and mock God we can make millions too.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Nick, you're always bitching about how people who are offended shouldn't be bitching about being offended.

Guess what?

You're offended, and you're bitching about how you've been offended. Wow. If this was anyone else, on any other subject, you'd be telling them to shut up and keep it to themselves.

Comment

craze -- actually for the most part i am NOT offended by too many things, other than people's stupidity. everyone is offended by something somewhere no matter how petty.

i think it's ridiculous for people to worry about flying our flag in our country at the risk of "offending" foreigners.

i think it's ridiculous for people to worry about the "N" word being used in the tom sawyer/huckleberry finn story.

i think it's ridiculous that people who make a lot of money (movies, rock, and sports stars) think that money is a gateway to brains or any semblance of intelligence.

so really it's stupid things like that that tick me off. you have to go a long way before i am actually "offended" by anything.

ask Frogman about the scumbag in Y-town who was arrested the other day for beating his 4 year old step son to death. THAT offends me.

the guy who breaks into an 80 year old woman's house and rapes her. THAT offends me.

and ANYONE who thinks that simulating a sex act with Jesus Christ during crucifixion is funny offends me.

i like a good joke as much as the next person whether it's a "dirty" joke, ethnic (including my OWN ethnicity), religious (including my own Catholicism -- "hey, did you hear about the priest and the 12 year old boy??", or the "last supper" scene in the mel brooks comedy "history of the world - totally hilarious), etc.

but i find DO this "act" offensive -- PERIOD. and i'm sure that many people do as well.

this went way over the line as far as i'm concerned. if you are an atheist or agnostic you may find this totally uproariously funny. as some one whose faith is based on Jesus Christ i don't.

like i said -- it takes a LOT to really "offend" me...and this did it. and as i stated being offended and ticked off about something is 2 different things.

so if you want to "crucify" ME for actually being offended for once then go right ahead -- i won't be offended. i'm a big boy, i can take it.
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I've never liked magicians. On a couple of occasions my wife has suggested seeing P&T while we were in Las Vegas. I won't have to worry about seeing them now. My wife has absoutely no interest in seeing them now.
          Bill R

Comment

Until reading this post, I thought they were alright. I have seen some of their TV stuff, but never seen them live. The art of illusion is really cool, but sometimes Penn just keeps ramblin' and doesn't know when to shut his mouth. I think that is most annoying.

The other aspects of the original post and the information provided therein have drawn the conclusion that I will never watch anything of theirs again.

Comment

take their "act", change it from Jesus to Mohammed (if they would have the balls to do that at all) and see the "islamic" outrage rain down!!

i guarantee CAIR and all of the other islamic factions would now be doing a "salman rushdie" on these two.

but of course Christianity is ALWAYS fair game.
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I always liked Penn and Teller. Not all their stuff, like this, but most of it. Oh well. I'll still be a fan.
                If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Like the saying of @ssholes drunk are @ssholes sober, these guys' one incident surely does describe them as a whole. This isn't Penn & Tellers first time.

Rationalizing what these guys did because one likes their shows or isn't religous is like over looking the wrong doing of a politician because they belong to one's political party.

Wrong is wrong.

[ 01-22-2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: JRT6 ]

Comment

Nick,

I'm harassing you for being offended and whining about it. I always harass you when you're offended by something, because you're always telling people to keep it quiet when they're offended, but feel you have the duty to proclaim it to the world when you are.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by C in a J:
                      Nick,

I'm harassing you for being offended and whining about it. I always harass you when you're offended by something, because you're always telling people to keep it quiet when they're offended, but feel you have the duty to proclaim it to the world when you are.

hey craze -- you can call me to the carpet anytime for my opinions as i do you and others here.

it's the proverbial (let's all whine together now in our biggest whiny voices) "if we all agreed on the same thing we'd have nothing to talk about......"

now quit bothering me and mind your own damn business!!
                      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I'm not calling you on the carpet for your feelings towards Penn & Teller.

I'm just complaining about certain individuals who complain about people who complain, but feel that they have the right to complain without being complained about in turn.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by C in a J:

I'm just complaining about certain individuals who complain about people who complain, but feel that they have the right to complain without being complained about in turn.

but then wouldn't YOUR complaint be in complete agreement with me complaining since my complaint compels you to complain about the complaining??
                          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I never heard of them before since I'm not the night club type, but I wouldn't watch their disgusting performance if someone gave me a ticket or I could see them for free on TV.

Comment

My complaint is directed at people who complain about people who complain. I have no problem who complain about being offended, but at people who complain about people who complain about being offended.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3344 users online. 192 members and 3152 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X