X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts?

on this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080409/...UFfNtyDP3tiBIF
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

My thoughts exactly. Most corporations dont allow guns at work, even in the car. Same goes for most smaller businesses. I am lucky I guess. My employer allows pistols in the car, locked up, loaded or not, as long as you have a CPL.
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

Comment

This is dumb, I hope nobody get killed for something stupid. I hope noone goes postal.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
        This is dumb, I hope nobody get killed for something stupid. I hope noone goes postal.
        If someone goes 'postal' it wont matter one way or the other if there are rules/laws ect........those only affect the law abiding.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          If someone goes 'postal' it wont matter one way or the other if there are rules/laws ect........those only affect the law abiding.....
          Well why give them opportunity to go "postal". I mean what good is it if you're beign robbed/victimized and your gun is in the car. People down here sometimes act like if we're in Baghdad. The home is one thing but, work I don't know about all that?
          sigpic

Comment

How about this. Why should the company usurp the rights of the worker to provide means of self defense and security.

Understandably a weapon may not be appropriate for the persons job so that weapon left securely locked up in ones vehicle poses no threat nor does it pose a security issue because no one knows whether or not a weapon is in a vehicle.

Personally my boss allows me to have my weapon in my vehicle while I am at work. She believes that my expertise, training, and knowledge along with my weapon adds to the security of her business.

I see this as Florida allowing its citizens to more adequately provide them selves with an added measure of self defense and security. Good for Florida

DO not fear the gun. Fear the person pointing the gun at you. Then point yours back and pull the trigger. There is only one reason that someone points a gun at another person. That is the point in which your life and safety is threatened.

MacPointMan
            "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (George Orwell) RangerUp!!!

Long Live the sheepdog, for the sheep must graze.

My two best friends
            Smith and Wesson
            sigpic

Comment

Well why give them opportunity to go "postal". I mean what good is it if you're beign robbed/victimized and your gun is in the car. People down here sometimes act like if we're in Baghdad. The home is one thing but, work I don't know about all that?
              Your not 'giving' them the opportunity to DO ANYTHING....

If they are going to 'snap their twinkee', it doesnt usually happen on the spur of the moment......there is at least a little planning involved.....

some people seem to think that firearms are some sort of evil magic....like the inanimate object is going to crawl out on its own and start shooting everybody.......

Dont worry about the guy having a weapon in the trunk....

Worry about the guy that shows up in cammies, wearing pink bunny slippers, and carrying an AK........esp. if you are not his 'friend'
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Now you see, that's why I try to get alnog w/ everybody.

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                Your not 'giving' them the opportunity to DO ANYTHING....

If they are going to 'snap their twinkee', it doesnt usually happen on the spur of the moment......there is at least a little planning involved.....

some people seem to think that firearms are some sort of evil magic....like the inanimate object is going to crawl out on its own and start shooting everybody.......

Dont worry about the guy having a weapon in the trunk....

Worry about the guy that shows up in cammies, wearing pink bunny slippers, and carrying an AK........esp. if you are not his 'friend'
                sigpic

Comment

First of all, of every one of the 'postal' style work shootings, none were knee jerk. (That I recall anyway.) MOST were commited by non employees. If they were former employees then they had been non employed for some time.

Secondly, if you are being robbed or victimized while on the company clock or property then it really doesn't matter, your employer after all would be held responsible for your demise. The problem occurs when you are not on the clock and you have to stop for gas or groceries on the way home. Or at your home. Do you think a jury would hold your employer responsible for something that occured at your home?

Part of the problem is everyone deals with 'what if' instead of 'what is'. What if, is the postal or rage theory, or not being able to get at the firearm anyway. What is, is that firearms are the MOST effective means of self defense and are used anywhere from several thousand to a couple million times a year to protect people. (Depends on which study you want to believe.)

What if, is the belief by a few people (your employer) that they know best how to keep you safe. Fine, they pay the insurance for liability, they have procedures in place for your safety (yeah right) and security (cough cough). What is, is they cannot (OBVIOUSLY) be in your home or during your travel. (Not to mention they would need an extra helmet to ride with me.)

What if, is trusting to others for your safety and security. What IS, IS your responsibility to your own security.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 306 members and 5909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X