300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Repo man

Okay, if you are a REPO man, CALL THE PD FIRST before you go and take someone's car. cause like... otherwise you're just gonna **** us off.

Just got a call of a DUMB *** REPO man who was taking a car and had an altercation with the juvenile who tried to stop him from taking the car. Yeah well.. Dumb repo man dragged the kid behind the vehicle...It doesn't sound good. The Repo man is goin DOWN! Feelin bad for the kid.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

We had one of our guys one night get called to respond to the Office Code Two. Seems he hadn't been making his payments and the repo man was there. Repo man knew he was on the job, and called as a courtesy. He turned over the keys and left quietly.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

That would SUCK!

Update, the juvi was a female (16yoa) Apparently she had a fricken tire mark right across her shirt. Dude totally ran her over! Crime Lab is gonna have a field day with this one. I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUE THE REPO COMPANY... this wreaks of Lawsuit material. collapsed lung and broken ribs so far. Poor kid.
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Oh, that poor girl. I hope the Repo guy gets arrested or sued or somthing. That was going too far. When someone can get hurt, they should just come back another day or somehing. But the car would probably be hid by then. lol
        Our neighbor had his car repossesd and I have never seen a man so sad. It must be so humilating. But, he was in a bad position and his Dad helped him out. Seems he trusted his psycho wife with the finances. He's an accountant and the last thing he felt like doing when he got home was balance the checkbook and pay bills.
        She had forged his name to all these credit card companies and went on a buying spre. They almost foreclosed the house until his Dad stepped in and helped him. I, personally, think he should have pressed charges on her (they divorced soon after this) but he felt it would be too tramatic on their 2 kids to see Mommy taken to jail.
        He's back on his feet and engaged to be married. It's been 4 years since his divorce. His fiancee` has 2 little girls and his psycho wife told thier daughter that she wouldn't be Daddy's litle girl anymore. He consoled her and told her she would ALWAYS be Daddy's litle girl. I told him on the basis of that, and her many boyfrinds staying over at night, I would press charges. It think it would be better to have Mommy in jail so the kids could see what happens when you do wrong. God only knows whatelse she has told them. grrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I have seen Repo men go to jail for UUV if they don't have a writ. I have made more than one Repoer drop a car.

I really dislike repoers that don't do things right, like go and get a writ and let dispatch know they are repoing.
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I saw a special not that long ago on either TLC or the Discovery Channel about Repo men. Wow. Dangerous stuff they do, and really interesting how they do it ... IIRC (and I do), the show featured repo men "stealing" not only cars and trucks, but also a boat and an airplane.

Comment

Despite what's been shown on TV, a lot of repo's aren't done by "stealing" the car in the traditional way; this causes damage to the car, which in turn comes out of the repo man's fee.

Often they will obtain a duplicate key for the car. Looking at the paperwork for my last new car purchase, I noticed that the key code was printed right on my loan contract, so I'm sure this info is passed on to the repo man.

Barring that, often times they will simply tow the vehicle away. I don't know about other states, but in California repo people use tow trucks with the bare minimum of markings required by the California Vehicle Code. I've stopped a couple of these for investigative purposes when I've seen them towing cars with their alarms going off.

While we tend to associate repo's with people who live beyond their means and buy themselves a fancy new car, you'll be surprised what actually gets repo'd. A LOT of cars and trucks older than 5 years old (the traditional loan term these days) are getting the hook, meaning that quite a few people are defaulting on USED car loans.

I think this is due to the popularity of dealerships that cater to the "poor credit" crowd by selling them high-mileage (or other undesirable) used cars and financing them at extortionistic interest rates. Either the buyer is again unable to afford the car (because of poor financial planning skills), or they intentionally stop making payments because the car turned out to be a piece of crap or they finally realized the deal was a piece of crap.

I think the latter is more likely when I hear that yet another '95 Kia Sephia has been repo'd [Eek!]

Comment

More then once I've cheered the repo man on after seeing some dirtbag's car on the hook. They typically don't call us for civil standbys.

Here in CA if you (being the person behind on their payments ) catch the repo guy before he is in your car or before the car is on the hook you can object to the repossession. After that they have to get a court order to finish the repo.

For you CA cops out there Repo companies are regulated by Department of Consumer Affairs. Their trucks must have their Recovery Agency number "RAxxx" posted on sides of the truck. In my area 9 out of 10 repos are by National Auto Recovery. They are pretty squared away guys. I don't run out DL information for them but if they are looking for somebody I know I'll tell them where they've moved to. Also repo agency employees have to have an I.D. card from DCA.
                If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

I used to fly for a small airline. Our boss didn't like paying bills either, or us for that matter, anyways... The Repo company came to the only two pilots that stayed around town, (only one of them was trained on the plane) and asked them to fly it to another destination 2000 miles away. The other two planes that weren't airworthy, were towed across the tarmac to another companies hanger to be fixed until it was ready to fly.

At the time it sucked, but now in hindsight I'm laughing.
                  I've moved on, a little older, not so much wiser, but hey..

Cheers.
                  Define Pilot:

"Someone who is too lazy to work and too stupid to steal"

Comment

Dumb Repo Man????

Originally posted by InSane1 View Post
                    Okay, if you are a REPO man, CALL THE PD FIRST before you go and take someone's car. cause like... otherwise you're just gonna **** us off.

Just got a call of a DUMB *** REPO man who was taking a car and had an altercation with the juvenile who tried to stop him from taking the car. Yeah well.. Dumb repo man dragged the kid behind the vehicle...It doesn't sound good. The Repo man is goin DOWN! Feelin bad for the kid.
                    SOUNDS LIKE THE KID IS DUMB TO ME, NOT THE REPO MAN! MAYBE IF THE KID PAYED HIS BILLS, THEN THEY WOULD NEVER BE GETTING THE CAR TAKEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Joesomatic View Post
                      SOUNDS LIKE THE KID IS DUMB TO ME, NOT THE REPO MAN! MAYBE IF THE KID PAYED HIS BILLS, THEN THEY WOULD NEVER BE GETTING THE CAR TAKEN.

Joe, the child was 16. Are you advocating anyone being run over, much less a 16 year old child that probably didn't understand why the vehicle was being taken and what she could and couldn't do. Is any personal property worth someone's death or serious injury?
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Some jurisdictions require Repo people to contact the local PD whenever they hook up a vehicle. Basically, repo's are civil matters. In Alabama, no special paperwork is required for a repo guy to hook a car up. It may not be the politically correct thing to say, but repo folks as a group, aren't too high up the social ladder. In this instance, while he may have been justified in hooking up the vehicle, he wasn't justified in injuring the girl. He now faces, or should face, all the appropriate criminal sanctions. Civil as well.

Comment

Repo men

There are good ones and bad ones. I worked security at a gated community in Detroit that told us specifically that we were not to allow repo men into the community.

Why? Because they did not want to deal with the liability if one of the tenants decided to defend their car. We had one guy sneak in with a tow rig in the bed of his pickup truck that I had to chase dawn and he tried to ram me at one point.

I had a long talk with one driver one night explaining to him how I was sorry I could not let him into the property and him telling me all about the car they were trying to locate. (owned by a security officer working for a different company) and I told him she did not park it on the property at night.
                          Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Wow, what other long-dead threads can we resurrect?
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by InSane1 View Post

Can you please provide more information? Theres lots of assumptions I'm seeing here. Like that the driver knew that the girl was under the car/truck. you also don't tell us when the altercation took place as in before or after the car was hooked up. if he was just trying to drive away with the car. these are things we should know before commenting.

SO just to be contrary I'm going to assume the repo guy had legal possession of the car had legally notified the minor of his possession and then the kid tried to fight an adult for the car. after that failed when the repo man wasn't looking she laid down under the car. So i'll say stupid kid got them self's hurt. but since that doesn't fit your stereo type i'm sure i'll get flamed.

Reminder there are 3 sides to every story his, her, and the truth some were in between.

P.S. Some ones necromantic skills are amazeing
                              It's not a matter if you win or lose but if you did the right thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3286 users online. 181 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X