Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were WE ever bad boys/girls in school?

If you feel like admitting.......

I was thinking about something Sparky said about "how many cops used to be little juvenile delinquents" which of course leads me to this question...... were you ever suspended or expelled from school....given the strap???? If so, please feel free to share the details.

I'm interested in all responses... not just LEO's!

(((((WW))))

I was given my very first detention in 8th for chewing gum. Talk about being upset.

In high school, I may have had one or two detentions for cutting class, but I was always pretty much a good kid. Didn't make trouble, avoided trouble, and hung with a great group of friends.

We had our own thing going. We weren't the snobs, we weren't the geeks, we were just there. We minded our own business and things were good.

I've gotten erasers thrown at my head, and my books knocked off my desk for doing *sign in sheets* and not paying attention to my science teacher, but I was never given detentions for it.

I didn't mess around in school. Partying and hanging with my friends came after. I kept a B average and did ok for the most part.

Comment

Well let me be the first one to stand up and admit that I was FAR from the "ideal" juvenile. Yes, I was suspended from school (a couple of times). Both for "unexcused absences". My girlfriend at the time had this talent for calling me off of school sick. Obviously, I got caught. Weird how it happened, I was a really straight-laced kid until my sophomore year in high school. After that, it was like an explosion of rebellion. Guess it was that whole "coming into my own person/growing pains" thing. Guess it could've been worse though. I never ended up in juvenile court (though I should've been several times). Glad I made it through those years of stupidity and came back around to do something positive with my life. Don't figure that any of my classmates would've predicted me as a cop. But personally, I wouldn't do anything else............
      P-pride
      I-integrity
      G-guts

Comment

The only thing I ever got in trouble for in school that was bad, is one day in 7th grade, Patti Romo raised up her mini skirt and flashed her panties. I was stunned. STUNNED! I don't know why I said this but I called her the slang word for a prostitute, and she told the teacher.

I was then sent to the office and had to tell the principal what I did and he called my mother and made me tell her what I said. I got on the phone and said, "Mom I called Patty Romo the slang word for a prostitute." She said ok. I gave the phone back to the principal and he spoke to my mother who told him it was no big deal. I think I got detention for that. Patti and I never spoke much after that. The principal didn't like me much either. No one ever addressed the issue of Patti flashing me.

Maybe I was just a little too impulsive. Patti was a babe and maybe she was trying to tell me something. DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
          If you feel like admitting.......

I was thinking about something Sparky said about "how many cops used to be little juvenile delinquents" which of course leads me to this question...... were you ever suspended or expelled from school....given the strap???? If so, please feel free to share the details.

I'm interested in all responses... not just LEO's!
          Well miss goodie two shoes, why don't YOU come clean and tell us about YOUR first felony arrest? Hummmm? I heard you were real bad...

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
            Well miss goodie two shoes, why don't YOU come clean and tell us about YOUR first felony arrest? Hummmm? I heard you were real bad...

LOL! Actually I remember when I returned to Canada after living in Chicago for almost 7 years. I had picked up that "Chicago slang" and the kids called me "Yankee". I got mad and ****** *** ******* ******** ***** *** ** *** **** ** *** ******* **** ** *****. They never called me Yankee again. I almost got the strap.

Then in French class in grade 8 I wanted to know how to swear in French so I asked the teacher in a loud voice how do you say F**k in French. I almost got the strap!

P.S. Katey, I hope those were pencil erasers and not chalkboard erasers!

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

So how do you say it...?

Comment

I tried to have my principal arrested for auto-theft, still think I could have got the charge laid with the right cop :0

The school was tired of us students not useing our parking lot, so they got the city to place no parking signs out front of the school. They made the mistake of not putting duel arrows on the end, so one car could still park legally. Being late for school, no more spaces left in the student lot, I noticed the one last legal spot near the front of the school. I forgot a book in my car for my second class, so I come outside, the pricipal was trying to convince a tow-truck driver to tow my car, he refused because it was legally parked. So I got my book, started off to class, the principal ordered me to move the car, or have it towed. I argued because I was legal in my spot, refused to move the car. He ended up grabbing my keys and drove off to park my car, offcourse he could'nt find a spot.I phoned the the Police, they arrived rather fast.

The officer refused to press charges, I argued my point of, he grabbed my keys drove off in my car, and had no authority considering my car was parked legally on a city street, you stopped him on a city street in my car driving it without my permission, auto-theft officer. Well a sup. showed up and actually agreed with me. Anyway I became reasonable and stopped pursuing the matter.

Lesson learned, since it was my grad year and I changed schools where I did most of my 12 at the previous one. The school when I registered missed two credits, since the principal did not like me after this, he refused to sign the letter allowing me to get out of doing those two credits and graduate me, when I discovered this at the end of the year. I ended-up going to night school to finish, all because I refused to move my car. Do not tick people off who have power over you and your future....

Later I might tell how I got sent to private school, almost military

Koenig
                #||||
                "I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state appointed psychiatrist is our "friend."

Comment

LOL WW! They were chalk board erasers and almost everyone in the class was subject to having them thrown at them at one time or another. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to pick one and throw it right back at him and say (insert cuss words here).

Comment

I never got into trouble. I was too afraid of my mother if I did. She never stood up for me. In Spanish, the teacher would only give A's or F's. Nothing inbetween. I had a B average so I got an F. I tried and tried to explain to my mother but she didn't want to hear it. I got no supper for a week for that. But, I also wasn't allowed to leave the house for 6 weeks. Life sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
                      So how do you say it...?
                      I think "Le sexe"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mitzi:
                        I never got into trouble. I was too afraid of my mother if I did. She never stood up for me. In Spanish, the teacher would only give A's or F's. Nothing inbetween. I had a B average so I got an F. I tried and tried to explain to my mother but she didn't want to hear it. I got no supper for a week for that. But, I also wasn't allowed to leave the house for 6 weeks. Life sucked.

Sorry Mitzi... didn't mean to bring up any bad memories!

Comment

Le pant... Le pant...Le moan...

If anybody says I'm Pepe LePew, that's it, I'll never post on here again!

Comment

I got my first paddling in 2nd grade...for kissing a girl in class!

In 4th, 5th and 6th grade, I was every teacher's nightmare! I was in the office 2-3 times a week for not doing my homework, talking back, fighting, etc....

I would go so far as to get 2 total 'strangers' fighting on the PE field, and stand back and watch!

Oh, yeah...did I mention that my dad was the principal?

Now I'm a teacher, with a Masters in Admin/Suprv AND a cop....

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

In 8th grade I got 58 days of detention at a prep school. In 9th grade at a public school I was suspened 3 times and was not allowed to come back to that school for 10th-12th grade (yes I was that bad). The odd thing is I ended up with a 4.0 gpa at the school I graduated from.

If it had not been for that school I would have dropped out. I still go by there whenever I am in Atlanta. I owe a great thanks to those teachers, they showed me learning is not just memorizing facts.
                              An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5534 users online. 363 members and 5171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X