Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salaries...What did you make last year....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaries...What did you make last year....

This kinda falls along the line of Blue Leader's pay raise thread.

I am curious as to what other Officer's/Deputy's make per hour/salary. And what you made last year to include O/T?

I know this might be encroaching on personal info territory so please don't be offended by this!

I will start:

$51,976.00 to include O/T
    Hourly wage of $17.98 which is in line with new wage steps in new contract.

We settled on a 2.5/2.5/2.0% yearly pay raise over the life of this contract. The bad part of this is 1.0% of the raises go to pay for our medical inurance!!!!!!

Ken
    The Moral Majority is.......neither!!

121K.

Comment

$23.75 an hour. $63,523 including OT.
      In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

And cops are constantly b*tch*ng about pay.
        "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Bob A:

Yep alot do and rightfully so! Not enough pay for issues we have to deal with.

Take away $10,000 in O/T and $5,000.00 in retro contract settelment pay and you see I make a measly 35K a year!

But honestly this post was not designed to have comments like that made! But I was expecting those to pop up!!

Tho you are entitled to your opinion!!!!

Ken
          The Moral Majority is.......neither!!

Comment

1 full-time job as a public school teacher w/20 years and a Masters($27K after taxes)....1 part-time job as an LEO($3K after taxes).

ZERO OT avaiable with either job. AS for the cost of living being 'cheaper' in some areas, it's all a matter of perspective. Instead of looking at $$$ amounts, look at the percentage of available income outlaid for 'living expenses'.

$500 housing payments(no more THANK GOD!), $300 car notes, $400 medical insurance premiums, college tuition fees($1100 this semester, NOT counting room/board), 10% state sales tax(as high as 12% locally), etc....it all adds up VERY quickly.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I consistently work one day off every week and spend more time then I care to in court. Time I'd much rather spend doing something else and time that is MY time. Not part of the 40 hour week. So if you want to begrudge me for making what I do then so be it.

How many people with regular jobs get off work at 0500 and have to be back in court at 0830? How many would put up with it? Then we have the days where we have court on the afternoon docket as well. Spend literally all day either in court or driving from court to court and then have to go back to work that night.

Even the guys who work other shifts are not spared this. Mid day guys routinely go to work 2 1/2 hours early because of court and morning guys routinely stay after due to court. Add in the late arrests and staying after for paperwork that has to be in and the time on the job adds up very quickly.
              In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Right at 75K, including O/T and P/T

Comment

Biweekly is $1,977.90 - $78,864 for the year W/OT.
                  " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Remember, If you accept the bribe money and don't hold up your end of the deal, the bad guy gets double screwed! LOL

That's some pretty good pay considering it's US$. I guess rank determines pay somewhat too, But the POPO around here are complaining of not seeing enough raises. They make around $60k, $38k for a 4th,3rd and 2nd class constable.
                    All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Bob A:

The salaries you see here are most definitely the exception in American law enforcement, and not the rule.

For every CopinNY who makes over $100k, there are numerous shooter1201's (assuming he had gone full-time) who barely make minimum wage. The majority of cops pull in $3k a month or less...in most cases, much less.

Last year, I pulled in $60k. In some parts of the country, that'll buy you a mansion. In Southern California however, that'll buy you a nice tract house a 45 minute drive away, or a small condo in town.

Not to bag on postal employees, but it's pretty sad that the majority of America's protectors make less money than a postal clerk.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

Comment

Around here, most Twp cops dont make great money. here and there you'll get a town where they start around $50K, but most are half that. i think the NJSP start in the high 30's, before O/T. and the guys in the SD make crappy money... and most bigger cities around here do also. (some higher salaries are because the areas are higher cost of living, too)

My ex-husband made good money, and got tons of O/T. which cut into all his personal time, when he'd rather be enjoying himself. excess overtime can be bad too... he eventually got to a point where he could say no to it. he made alot less money then, but he was happier.

as for me, i'm a postal clerk. i make 22.86/hour incl night differential, after 14 years. we also get sunday premium, and maybe about 2 hours a week overtime. in december i would make alot more OT.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                          The salaries you see here are most definitely the exception in American law enforcement, and not the rule.
                          I know that. You guys need to loosen a button. I was being facetious. When I left Uncle Sam's Motorcycle Club in '92, I applied for at least 30 different agencies. At the time, NCHP was the highest paying at IIRC, about $24k, most of them were less than $20k.

I couldn't even afford to take one of those jobs if I wanted to then. But, after 11 years of toil, I am proud to say that except for my house,
                          I have paid off every bill but one. 4 grand to go. I can now financially afford to be a cop! My test is scheduled for next Saturday.

It sure would feel wierd doing it and getting paid for a change. [Wink]
                          "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

Yes,

Cops are always complaining about pay. Those of you who posted anything over $50,000 this year probably had to spend most of that on the cost of living. When i was a civilian LEO in Virginia, I was a Cpl (Shift Sup). I made $23,000 per year. My mortgage was barely covered each pay check. That's one reason (of many) that I came back into the military. As an E-5 my pay for the end of 2002 was $51,232. Granted I re enlisted and received a $9,000 installment as a bonus, but when it comes down to it, I actually come out ahead. I live in base housing therefore, I pay no rent or mortgage, my utilities are free, health care for me and my family is free and I can go to college after work hours and pay nothing out of pocket. I think I am going to stay here as long as I can.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i don't think it's anyone's goddamn business how much i make. but i'll tell you one thing...i wish i could make a "measley" 35K a year.
                              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4254 users online. 310 members and 3944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X