• Show
Clear All

• Banned on campus: Boys talking to girls

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
    Banned on campus:
    Boys talking to girls
    Elementary students protest restriction
    after showing public signs of affection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 30, 2003
    5:22 p.m. Eastern

I'll post, You argue.

Sorry nickg....

When I realized that I'd inadvertently duplicated your post, I attempted to edit it, but found it already LOCKED.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by shooter1201:
      Sorry nickg....

When I realized that I'd inadvertently duplicated your post, I attempted to edit it, but found it already LOCKED.

if you EVER do that again there will be HELL to pay...GOT THAT????????????

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Yes ma'am...er, I mean SIR!
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Bravo to the girls!!

I'd love for that teacher to be a complainant on a report. I'd just stand there and look at her without responding until she wwent even more nuts. Afterall, I couldn't talk to her.
          "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

To have a valid protest against that harebrain, you would need to hold a large white posterboard, BLANK!

Jim Burnes

Comment

Does Oregon get its water from Kalifornia, by chance? If so, what about North Carolina....?

Comment

Oy, how embarrasing for me and all good Oregonians.

As for the water, a judge from the 9th Circus turned off all the water in the Klamath Falls area a couple years ago to save the sucker fish (this is not a joke). Without water to irrigate with, farms have gone out of business, and businesses that support farms are going out of business. Things are not looking good for that part of the state, and it seems that insanity is beginning to set it. Pray for my state.

Mike
                "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

You know, I don't even consider Southern Oregon a part of Oregon anymore. To me it is now Northern California.
                  "Do not let any one claim to be a true American if they ever attempt to remove religion from politics."
                  --George Washington

Comment

Oh brother...it just doesn't stop. Just last year, an assistant principal at a local high school came under fire, rightly so, because of an incident at a school dance. Apparently, she made young ladies lift up the hem of their dress and show that they were wearing "proper" underwear under their dance attire. This was done in line, as they were entering the dance, in front of God and everyone. If the girls were wearing "thong" underwear or no underwear, or if they refused to show their underwear, they were not permitted to enter the dance. The assistant principal was trying to prevent the boys and girls from having sex on the dance floor. Interestingly enough, the boys were not requested to unzip their fly and show their underwear. Anyway, this woman is no longer an assistant principal dealing with students, but she is still employed by the school district. But how in the world did she ever get in THAT position? Security guards and other teachers were quoted as saying that they were "uneasy" about interfering. Personally, I think this woman was getting her jollies on a power play, humiliating these girls for her own personal pleasure.

Sounds like something similar going on in Oregon. But I just keep reminding myself of the vast number of fabulous teachers out there, who really go the extra mile for their students. The bad apples need to be thrown out, because there are so many more great ones in the barrel.
                    "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5533 users online. 206 members and 5327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                    X