300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Darth Choke...your pay may be going up a little

Since the CHP pay is based on some type of average among 5 agencies (including the low paying San Diego PD), this may be good news for you....maybe!!!

Apparently, our POA has agreed on a new 2 year contract with the City but it's not going to be announced until after the Super Bowl. Rumor has it that it will be worth 12-14% over the 2 years but that's strictly a rumor. If so, that will put a top step patrol officer who works graveyard at about $73K per year before OT. It sounds really good until you realize that maybe we'll jump up to the top 25 or 30 in pay...even though we're the 2nd largest city in the state.

It all adds up though and I won't complain about 12% if the rumors are true.
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

I have a quick question... Ignorant as I am. When I was in New York, I saw an ad on the subway saying one could make a whopping 30k a year as a cop. However, when I look at what wages I do know of, that seems rather law... I just read an article in fact that said some county (Suffolk, maybe?) was luring NYPD cops in droves 'cause their average salary was 100k... Well, long question short : Are New York cops just reaaaaally underpaid for a big city, or what?
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
    -Mark Twain

Comment

There are guys on my squad making almost that in OT. One guy made $99,500. I take all my OT for comp (extra vacation!!) so I was over 30K behind him!!

There are several northern Cal dept's that will be in the $85-90K range BEFORE overtime with their long term contract they are in. Oakland and Santa Clara come to mind. There were a few guys I know at Irvine PD making $120K (after a lot of OT) back in 1995-96.

Comment

Wow...A thread with MY name in it. I am becoming famous!  -

Hey...that's great news Blue Leader...but with the state of the State Budget...I am not holding my breath for a raise any time soon. The state is getting ready to lower teacher's salaries so I don't know how ready the will be to increase CHP's.

But we can hope! But, hey...Congrats to YOU. That's good news for sure!!!

Comment

I would hate to be working for the state right now, what with all the budget cuts Gray Doofus is proposing. Maybe he can get his corrupt, bribing buddies from PG&E and Oracle to help out. They can give back a few billion that the state overpaid.

Of course, if the government out here would quit giving handouts to every stinking, alcohol-muddled, lice-infested troll living under the bridge and every walking crack baby factory who stumbled into the welfare office, the budget could be cut by half and everyone could still get a nice raise.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

But how do you really feel ateamer? [Wink]

Comment

Oh, come on Ateamer, the Senate really needs that raise this year! Things are particularly tough for them, 'cause... uh, 'cause...

My favorite part is that they're increasing the catering budget for the senate by 250,000 while eliminating the senior citizens lunch program entirely (that 250k would cover 40% of the Senior lunch program).

[ 01-20-2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: n567 ]
              Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
              -Mark Twain

Comment

They are a bunch of idiots. As far as the catering goes, why would they have caterers when The Broiler steakhouse is walking distance from their offices?

I really think that politicians should not be paid more than the median income from their home district. They could receive a partial rent allowance for the Sacramento area, but only one to allow them to live in a middle-class neighborhood.

Local politicians, such as our County Board of Supervisors, should not be paid at all. Our local yokels give themselves something like $90,000 a year and they only meet once a week.

It's no coincidence that almost all politicians at the state and federal level are attorneys.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

ateamer...That's CLASSIC, I printed it out to take to work. After i finished busting a gut, I read it to my wife and she was dying as well. I guess you and I feel the same way about the "urban campers". I'd hate to hear what you have to say about the ACLU [Eek!]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4704 users online. 341 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X