300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAY TO GO,TAMPA BAY BUCS!

It's so hard to believe they are going to the Super Bowl! We lived in St. Petersburg, about 20 minutes away from Tampa. I remember when they became an expansion team and lost 26 straight games. We used to go to all their games and it got to be such a joke, more then once I screamed at them and called them "DUMMIES! THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT SOCCER" Yes, one of the other players used to be a soccer player and actually tried to kick the bal down the field. My husband finally pulled me down and put his hand over my mouth! LOL! That didn't stop me though. I used to come hoarse from games.
    When they FINALLY one a game and beat New Orleans, over 5,000 people (My husband and I included) drove to the airport to contratulate them. LOL! All this excitement because they won one game! LOL
    GO TAMPA BAY! After 25 years, you have made me proud!

[ 01-20-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

any team that beats the eagles is ok in my book.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

All right, nick! I KNEW you were my kinda guy...I HATE Philly, but mainly because of the Flyers. Did you see the idiots rioting, last night?

Yeah, football is almost over!!!LOL

Comment

I love the Eagles...it was a depressing day yesterday.

I dont like that Tampa Bay coach... too young and cocky

TG...who was rioting?
        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Well, I was there when the Bucs lost 26 consecutive games. When they beat New Orleans, 5,000 people were waiting for them. I was one of them. It got to be such a joke and it was hysterical then they got back from New Orleans. People were dancing in the streets. It was unbelievably funny, being excited because they won ONE game.
          But that's back when Culverhouse owned the team and he was such cheapskate, he wouln't pay for really good players.
          You could see the Bucs laughing at us all hystercally when we were dancing in the streets. I was laughing with my hands over my head and knocking my knees to gether. Then, we all just started do-see-doing. It was all incredibly funny and I'll always remember it.
          If anyone deserved to go to the SuperBowl, IT WAS THE BUCS! GO BUCANEERS!

Comment

jellybean-
            They showed some fires and criminal mischief going on in various parts of Philly. I think people were just trying to stay warm!

Comment

ok, i didnt see that... most Philly fans were too downhearted to do anything but mope lol...

i did just see the Oakland fans on the news rioting... and they WON!
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

WHOA!!!

Let me get this straight now......

Tampa Bay has a FOOTBALL team, too????

American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Yep, and unlike the Houston Texans, that Tampa team is going to be in the Super Bowl

Comment

What's the SuperBowl? Is that anything like the Stanley Cup???

Comment

If the Stanley Cup is an event where a bunch of over-paid guys go to play a sport that they used to play out of love of the sport but now do only for money, then yes.

Comment

Doh!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

No way, Nite!
                          The Stanley Cup is a series of 4-7 games where extreme skill and stamina are needed by superior, underpaid athletes.
                          Sounds like your game is a sport for girly-men.

Comment

*cringe*

...uh-oh...here it comes.....

Comment

"The Stanley Cup is a series of 4-7 games where extreme skill and stamina are needed by superior, underpaid athletes."

Right Underpaid by whose standards?

"Sounds like your game is a sport for girly-men."

Football isn't my sport in the first place. In the second, I feel that way about the pro athletes of all sports.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4619 users online. 312 members and 4307 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X