that is weird
    on the job.....

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
      http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1562...l?dl=mainclick

I wonder what really happened here....
      Yeah no kidding.

Comment

According to the Oceanside Police Department, the woman who was shot is the spouse of a military man based at Camp Pendleton. Her name has not been released, and investigators would not say if her husband is deployed or what his role is on the base.

The San Diego Police Department identified the officer involved in the shooting as Frank White, 28, of Oceanside. He has been put on administrative leave until the investigation is complete. White joined the force in October 2005, police said.

The shooting happened Saturday night around 9:15 p.m. at a Lowe's Home Improvement store at 150 Old Grove Road in Oceanside.

Police have not said who they think was the aggressor in the incident, but they believe it started after one of the parties committed some sort of right-of-way violation in front of the parking lot. Investigators said that led to some type of verbal or physical altercation, and eventually the incident got so heated that White shot at the mother and her 8-year-old son.

Both were flown to Sharp Memorial Hospital and Children's Hospital. Their injuries were described as non-life-threatening. Oceanside police said they believe the police officer's companion called 911 to report the incident.

"Right now, we've got statement from the son at this time. And we have the statement from the police officer. We're waiting to talk to the mother so we can put the pieces of the puzzle together, so we can come up with a logical conclusions as to what happened -- what transpired that evening," Poorman said.

The Oceanside Police Department is handling the case. White has not been charged or arrested in connection with the case.
        For those (such as myself) that are too lazy to open links.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

From within the department I have heard that possibly the lady was trying to run him over. That she had rammed his car already, and his wife was in the car with him. And possibly he could not see the child because his head was down low or something. Just a possible story, the details are still coming out...

Comment

the woman is now suing. Facts are startig to comeot now in her favor.

Comment

Originally posted by SURGEAHOLIC View Post
              the woman is now suing. Facts are startig to comeot now in her favor.
              No facts - just her version.

She's refused to give a statement to the police, she's just talking to the media.

She has two prior DUIs, was driving on a suspended license, and her 8 year old was in the front seat. In California, kids under 12 are supposed to ride in the back.

I think she's trying to throw as much stuff against the cop as possible hoping something sticks, before her tox screen is released.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                She's refused to give a statement to the police, she's just talking to the media.

She has two prior DUIs....

I think she's trying to throw as much stuff against the cop as possible hoping something sticks, before her tox screen is released.
                Acording to KFMB, the woman is now claiming memory lapses. She says she remembers getting into a loud argument with the officer while both were in their respective vehicles, but can't recall what precipitated the row.

I suspect she is not going to be able to credibly refute anything the officer says she did to warrant being shot at, now that she claims that she can't remember. Oh well, this has just become a non-story.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                  From within the department I have heard that possibly the lady was trying to run him over. That she had rammed his car already, and his wife was in the car with him. And possibly he could not see the child because his head was down low or something. Just a possible story, the details are still coming out...
                  Yup - she also has quite a few run ins with the law.
                  sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

If it happen in the stores parking lot they should have it all on tape.
                    Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                      Acording to KFMB, the woman is now claiming memory lapses. She says she remembers getting into a loud argument with the officer while both were in their respective vehicles, but can't recall what precipitated the row.

I suspect she is not going to be able to credibly refute anything the officer says she did to warrant being shot at, now that she claims that she can't remember. Oh well, this has just become a non-story.
                      Ironically, they just convicted a mother for 20001/23152. She was coming home from her job (at a bar) and hit and killed a man who was off on the shoulder of the freeway putting gas in his car. She left the scene, and hid out at her boyfriend's house.

Her 2 year old son was in her vehicle at the time, and covered by glass from the impact.

Carlsbad Woman Sentenced For Fatal DUI Crash

POSTED: 3:13 pm PDT March 25, 2008
                      UPDATED: 8:48 pm PDT March 25, 2008

VISTA, Calif. -- A 23-year-old motorist who was intoxicated when she struck and killed a man who was filling his gas tank on a Vista freeway off ramp was sentenced Tuesday to four years in state prison.
                      Jessica Lynn Hawk, whose 2-year-old son was with her at the time of the crash, tearfully apologized to members of William Hanson's family before being sentenced by Judge Aaron Katz.
                      "I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry," she said.

The Carlsbad resident pleaded guilty last month to hit-and-run causing death and vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated in connection with the Nov. 9 accident on the Highway 78 offramp to Escondido Avenue.
                      Hawk worked all day at a bar in San Marcos and had four drinks before she left with her son, who'd been dropped off at her workplace for the ride home.

Hanson, a 37-year-old customer service agent from Oceanside, was filling his gas tank four feet inside the fog line when he was struck by the defendant's vehicle. Authorities say Hawk fled, tossing debris out of her car as she went.

"She left the scene without giving aid and comfort to my son," the victim's mother, Vicki Hayek, told the judge.

Hayek noted that Hawk didn't call for help or turn herself in. She instead drove to her boyfriend's Oceanside residence, where a neighbor who'd seen a news report about the crash spotted her heavily damaged car and called police.

A charge that the woman endangered her child was dropped as part of the plea agreement.

Hawk initially told California Highway Patrol investigators that she fled the scene because she was afraid of what authorities might do about the toddler, according to a report filed by the county Probation Department.
                      Defense attorney William Cristophe has said his client had no prior criminal record.
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11643 users online. 479 members and 11164 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X