300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoo hoo! First 10 minute mile!

Alright, so you're all rolling your eyes and are wondering what the big deal is, but for the fat asmatic kid who took four minutes to get around the track once in high school, this is a big day.

I've still got a ways to go, but I'm farther than I ever imagined last year when this whole thing started.

I think I'll celebrate with Lasagna... [Wink]
    I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Hey, congratulations to you!  - Keep up the good work!

Comment

Woohoo! Good job. Hopefully the running will set your mind to working so you can write more.

Comment

Congrats!

When I graduated from Parris Island many a-year ago, I was running 5 back to back 7-minute-miles.
        I couldn't do that now if you had pistol to my head!!
        No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

quote:
          When I graduated from Parris Island many a-year ago, I was running 5 back to back 7-minute-miles.
          I couldn't do that now if you had pistol to my head!!

I heard the california thugislature is making that a ccw requirment.

Comment

Good for you! Congratulations! I was the same in high school and I was so proud of myself when I could run even 3 miles! Of course, that was before I had my second child. If you want to run, just come over to VIRmont and go for a run with my husband. He'll get ya up to 20 miles in no time. He plans to run the Boston marathon next year.

Again, whoo hoo! Have some good lasagna, you deserve it! [Wink]
            "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I remember the first time I broke a 4.5-minute mile.....some 20 years ago. [Frown]
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Ahem...9 minute mile.

Comment

got any pointers for those us that as STILL fat and out-of-shape?

ive got myself down to a 5 minute 1/2 mile, but i just run out of steam and start walking every other block after that. its probably all mental, i cant seem to push myself to run a continuous mile. ill make a round trip of 2 miles, running the first and last 1/2 mile, but in between i have to run/walk alternating each block.

Comment

Way to go!! Keep up the good work!
                    Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

Hey, I was a four-year cross country runner who let himself gain weight in college, so I know where you're coming from! WAY TO GO, you're past the hardest part!! Once you're in some kind of shape, it's a lot easier to stay that way and keep working.

Good job!!
                      I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

quote:
                        got any pointers for those us that are STILL fat and out-of-shape?
                        MUSIC. Good music helps SOOO much. Greenday saved my butt last night...I kept playing the same song three times over and over, and it's hard to hear your heart exploding over a good drum-beat.

Also, I picked up some tips at

http://www.time-to-run.com/

But I'm still heavy. 218 on the scale, and I'm theoretically supposed to be at 180...but there's NO WAY that will ever happen. [Wink]

And as always...thanks all.

Comment

lictalon, thanks for the link

quote:
                          5. Run for time, not distance. Your running program should be designed to gradually increase the time you spend on your feet, rather than the kilometers.
                          i think ill try this. i guess im working at a starting point of 5-6 minutes of continuous jogging. do you think adding 2 minutes a week (running mon, wed, fri, and sat) is too much?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6173 users online. 377 members and 5796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X