300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal alien van driver arrested in Minnesota schoolbus tragedy

The local Fox affiliate in the Twin Cities finally confirms what the local papers didn’t seem to want to mention about the horrible school bus accident that killed four children. It didn’t have to happen:
    Authorities have confirmed that the the driver of the van that struck the school bus that killed 4 students on Tuesday is an illegal alien.

Officials at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement are checking to see where she came from and how long she’s been in Minnesota. FOX 9 has also learned that the name she gave to police, Alainiss Morales, is an alias.

23-year-old Alainiss N. Morales was taken into custody on suspicion of criminal vehicular operation. She was arrested by the State Patrol Thursday afternoon and is being held in Lyon County Jail. County Attorney Rick Maes told the Marshall Independent charges could come later Thursday or Friday…The van was driven by Alianiss N. Morales, 23, of Minneota.

The Fox 9 Investigator found Morales pleaded guilty in Chippewa County in 2006 to driving without a valid license.

State Patrol officials said Thursday they were not immediately able to confirm if Morales was unlicensed, nor could they confirm whether Morales ran a stop sign. Lt. Mark Peterson said that was still under investigation, but that the investigation was “moving forward very quickly.”

The school bus was carrying 28 students. Cottonwood Fire Chief Dale Louluagie confirmed that 3 fatalities of the crash died immediately upon impact and the fourth victim died around 8 p.m. Tuesday night.

Minneapolis is a sanctuary city. In 2003, the city voted to bar police from asking about immigration status or enforcing immigration laws. The mayor, R.T. Rybak, even asked federal agents to stop wearing vests labeled “police.” St. Paul and Worthington are also sanctuary cities.

Open borders, deadly consequences. When will they learn?

More questions:

What did “Morales’s” employer know about her illegal status and when did the employer know it?

Has she evaded deportation orders? How many?

What didn’t local police ask about her immigration status when she pleaded guilty to driving without a valid license two years ago–and will the parents of the schoolchildren hold officials accountable?

Read about the four children who died in the crash here.

They were:

* Hunter Javens, 9, Cottonwood.
    * Jesse Javens, 13, Cottonwood (Hunter & Jesse were brothers)
    * Emilee Olson, 9, Cottonwood
    * Reed Stevens, 12, Marshall.

A memorial fund has been set up:

Memorial Fund for Families of Bus Crash Victims
    United Southwest Bank
    P.O. Box 288
    Cottonwood, MN 56229
    Last edited by xraodcop; 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM.

Illegal Alien?

The Fox 9 Investigator found Morales pleaded guilty in Chippewa County in 2006 to driving without a valid license.

CLUE

Comment

The deamoncrats, will put a spin on this, but the fact still remains. Children were killed by somone who should not be in this country. When as a people will we stand up and say enough!

Comment

INNOCENT CHILDREN DIED AT THE HANDS OF A CRIMINAL WHO SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN IN THE COUNTRY ANY WAY!
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog1097 View Post
          The deamoncrats, will put a spin on this, but the fact still remains. Children were killed by somone who should not be in this country. When as a people will we stand up and say enough!
          I agree that but for her presence in the United States, these kids would be alive. However, my concern is her criminal behavior in how it relates to operating the vehicle and nothing else.

I won't argue that we need to fix illegal immigration. However, I have seen no evidence that criminal behavior is disproportionate among illegals( aside from the fact that they are all criminals by their mere presence here). In fact, one could argue that they contribute more than they take away from society. Contrast that to the generations of U.S. born trailer park and ghetto folks who haven't contributed one iota to society; the ones who live on public assistance.
          Last edited by Ex Army MP; 02-24-2008, 07:09 AM.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Well said army.

What is wrong with Rybak asking federal agents not to wear police on their informs? Seems it would be more appropriate to put their agency on there.
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

And there are those who think everything will be better if we just give them (illegals) driver's licenses since they're here anyway.

Um, yeah.....that will work.

Trust me when I tell you that we in VA are already feeling as though we've become a border state. Drive through "Hoodbridge" and you'll know what I mean.

As for those of you who think that illegals "contribute" more to our economy than they take from it, I have some beachfront property in Kansas that I would love to sell to you.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                What is wrong with Rybak asking federal agents not to wear police on their informs? Seems it would be more appropriate to put their agency on there.
                POLICE is an internationally recognized word, even for those who don't read English. We are not talking uniforms here, but rather raid jackets and raid vests. These items do say the agency name, but also have the word POLICE in big bold letters. There are a lot of 3 and 4 letter agency acronyms out there that even americans wouldn't recognize. It is an officer safety issue, there is a need to use POLICE as a readily recognizable word, regardless of the subject's nationality, when you hit their house and what not. Many federal agencies use items with the word POLICE when they go on raids or tactical situations. This mayor is just showing his utter ignorance in LEO identification concerns.
                "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                  I agree that but for here presence in the United States, these kids would be alive. However, my concern is her criminal behavior in how it relates to operating the vehicle and nothing else.

I won't argue that we need to fix illegal immigration. However, I have seen no evidence that criminal behavior is disproportionate among illegals( aside form the fact that they are all criminals by their mere presence here). In fact, one could argue that they contribute more than they take away from society. Contrast that to the generations of U.S. born trailer park and ghetto folks who haven't contributed one iota to society; the ones who live on public assistance.
                  Two seperate issues. And NEITHER are paying for "theri share" of taxes, but both groups ENJOY the benefits of taxes.

Sorry that Mexico sucks. When Mexico becomes a greater nation than the US, does that mean we can storm their country?????
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                    Well said army.

Because it is weak. If YOU want to give away YOUR money, fine. YOU pay for a foreigner to stay in YOUR house. YOU take care of their kids. YOU drive them around. YOU deal with it. Otherwise, clean house.
                    Space for rent .........

Comment

Post deleted

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                        Two seperate issues. And NEITHER are paying for "theri share" of taxes, but both groups ENJOY the benefits of taxes.

Sorry that Mexico sucks. When Mexico becomes a greater nation than the US, does that mean we can storm their country?????
                        But here's the problem with the "illegals don't pay taxes" argument. First, because employers can get away with paying them low wages, they are in a sense taxed because their take home is probably the same if not less than someone who gets paid a legal wage and has taxes taken out. Second, most at that income level get more back than they pay in when you factor in things like the earned income credit for their four kids. So really, by not filing a return they are forgoing a benefit.

I'm not here to defend illegal immigration. I just don't buy into the fact that these folks are destroying America.

Comment

But here's the problem with the "illegals don't pay taxes" argument. First, because employers can get away with paying them low wages, they are in a sense taxed because their take home is probably the same if not less than someone who gets paid a legal wage and has taxes taken out. Second, most at that income level get more back than they pay in when you factor in things like the earned income credit for their four kids. So really, by not filing a return they are forgoing a benefit.

I'm not here to defend illegal immigration. I just don't buy into the fact that these folks are destroying America.

Another issue altogether. But NOPE, I don't buy your argument. The illegal parents' kids go to school on my dime. And their kids and so forth. AND since these illegals are low wage earners ..... well, I don't care - they are illegal.
                          Space for rent .........

Comment

I agree that but for her presence in the United States, these kids would be alive. However, my concern is her criminal behavior in how it relates to operating the vehicle and nothing else.

I won't argue that we need to fix illegal immigration. However, I have seen no evidence that criminal behavior is disproportionate among illegals( aside from the fact that they are all criminals by their mere presence here). In fact, one could argue that they contribute more than they take away from society. Contrast that to the generations of U.S. born trailer park and ghetto folks who haven't contributed one iota to society; the ones who live on public assistance.
                            Up front you won't see much direct evidence of illegal immigrant crime. Their are many sources of crime statistics but I will focus on the Uniform Crime Report generated by the FBI. In this report there is no mention of immigration status. Although crimes are tracked by race in this report, persons of Hispanic descent are record as white. If the data presented by the UCR (argueably), the prenier souce of crime statistics in this country does not track crimes committed by illegals it is not surprising that you don't see any evidence of a disproportionate crime rate amongst illegals.

Also, it is no secret that crimes are under-reported in immigrant communities. I would like to see a comparitive study conducted of some small rural community that has seen an dramatic increase in it's immigrant community explode in the last decade. Compare the quality of life, crime rate, state of social services, and effects on education before and after the demographic shift. This might be a good thesis for some sociology major out there.

As far as contibuting more than they take away, every study that I have ever seen indicates that illegal aliens generate a huge amount of costs in terms of government expenditures for education, criminal justice, and emergency and non-emergency medical care. If you have some data that is to the contrary I would love to see it.
                            The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

The link below is to an address by President Bush on illegal immigration:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0060515-8.html

I quote one section below that seems to say the President is against deporting every illegal immigrant. I do not know whether the woman involved in the accident has worked in the United States for "many" years or whether she has an "otherwise clean record". Driving without a license might indicate she did not have a clean record, but then neither would many other illegal immigrants. Nevertheless, I don't blame the Republican Party for this accident.

Some in this country argue that the solution is to deport every illegal immigrant, and that any proposal short of this amounts to amnesty. I disagree. It is neither wise, nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States, and send them across the border. There is a rational middle ground between granting an automatic path to citizenship for every illegal immigrant, and a program of mass deportation. That middle ground recognizes there are differences between an illegal immigrant who crossed the border recently, and someone who has worked here for many years, and has a home, a family, and an otherwise clean record.

I believe that illegal immigrants who have roots in our country and want to stay should have to pay a meaningful penalty for breaking the law, to pay their taxes, to learn English, and to work in a job for a number of years. People who meet these conditions should be able to apply for citizenship, but approval would not be automatic, and they will have to wait in line behind those who played by the rules and followed the law. What I've just described is not amnesty, it is a way for those who have broken the law to pay their debt to society, and demonstrate the character that makes a good citizen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4028 users online. 201 members and 3827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X