300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody pay attention to the draft?

Or am I the only looser who actually watched some of it?

Obvious screw up aside I think the Vikes had a pretty good draft. They got at least 3 guys I think will make significant contributions soon.

How'd your team do?
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

I'm a lurker here but I follow football closely. I am a Redskins fan and the team only had three draft picks due to trading, and signing restricted free agents. The 2nd and 3rd round picks were good, but the 7th pick was head scratching. A no-name QB was chosen over Ken Dorsey, whose college record is 38-2 at Miami. Dan Snyder did better than normal though.

Comment

It's kind of strange, but if I did not have to work, I could have sat through the entire 12+ hours of the draft.

The Packers did okay. I would have liked to have seen them beef up their offensive line due to all of the injuries. (Read: Warren Sapp cheap shot on Chad Clifton) The wide receiving corp is vastly untested, and they picked up a couple of speedsters late in the draft.

The Packers are notorious for their bad picks in the first round. (Tony Mandarich, Terrell Buckley, Jon Michels, Jamal Reynolds) I hope their guy pans out.

The Ravens had a great draft. They look to be the top team thus far. And sorry Bills fans, I think McGahee is going to be a bust. (Poor choice of words if you saw the national championship game, OUCH!)

Mel Kiper wasn't such a d1c_head like he normally is. Wasn't it a GM from Indianapolis who ripped him a new a-hole when Kiper blasted them for not drafting Trent Dilfer years ago? Good stuff.
      "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

I watched a lot of the draft coverage.

I have always been a Redskins fan, but I have a hard time accepting Danny Boy as the owner. It's just not the same anymore. While the Skins didn't have many draft choices, they did make good offseason pcik-ups, and Taylor Jacobs will fit nicely.

I think that the Ravens did a great job. They got two guys that should have instant impact and one that could develop. Their late pciks could work out as well.

The Falcons are my local team. They didn't have a lot of high picks, and they had to focus on DBs. They made some good trades though in the offseason.
        "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

all i know is that the Cowboys drafted CB Terrence Newman #1. after that i have no idea who they got namewise other than some other CB and a TE (which they haven't had a good one since Jay Novachek retired). they're still trying to fill the CB hole there after Deion left.

they may have drafted an RB somewhere later too. i don't know how to rate this draft yet until i see what all the pundits have to say and get more info on the players.
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why the Vikes took Onterrio Smith in the 4th round. They already have 3 RB's on the roster including Michael Bennet.

Packers: Looks like they were really focusing on defense this time. They got Kenny Peterson, one of my Buckeyes, so they didn't do too bad.

Bills: I don't know what they were thinking taking Mcgahee in the 1st. Even if he's not a bust they've already got Travis Henry. Unless they plan on getting rid of him.

Ravens: As much as I don't like them they did have a good draft. I think that Boller is smewhat untested but he may develop into a franchise player.

The bad news for me is that 5 of Ohio State's defensive starters are gone. Makes the idea of a repeat hard to imagine.
            On the wings of a dove
            Let's roll for justice
            Let's roll for truth
            Let's not let our children grow up
            Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

I forgot to mention the Patriots. They came into the draft with 13 picks. They ended up trading around to end up picking some good players. Plus, they will have two #1s andtwo #2s next year.
              "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

I forgot to mention Onterrio Smith, one of the Vikes draft picks. I got my son's middle name from him, except I spelled it like the province.
                "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

-------------------------------
                  Last edited by Bearcat06; 02-21-2012, 02:31 PM.
                  "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

I watched it just until Troy Polamalu was picked. He's my homeboy from high school. My family hangs out with his. He's our hometown hero. Sweetest guy I ever met. and I guess he's pretty good at football too! First round to the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's even got a burger named after him at the local restraunts! [Eek!]

PS. I don't know much about football.

[ 04-28-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Neinta ]

Comment

I pay so much attention to football, I thought Jarhead was talking about the military

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3695 users online. 191 members and 3504 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X