300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice storm.....

Currently, it's 28*, light snow is falling, but with a mix of sleet and snow, followed by rain later today, predicted. However, this year saw a FIRST: TN's DOT has been spraying de-icing solution on all the state roads. What does Mississippi DO for it's roads? Not a darn thing....

ANYway, due to wanting to avoid any possibility for bus accidents, there is NO school today. I was really wanting to begin showing Roots today and work ballgame security tonight. Bummer....

Weather Map

[ 01-16-2003, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I AM PREPARED for the worst!

We're supposed to get it too. I take being prepared VERY seriously.

I have:

One (01) large bag of Cheetos
    One (01) large leather recliner
    Unlimited supply of Cherry Charger Kool Aid
    Miscellaneous war movies (Including, but not limited to):

Pearl Harbor
    Bridge On The River Kwai
    Away All Boats
    Patton
    Saving Private Ryan
    Harts War
    Platoon
    Das Boot
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Tokyo Run

AND I've just started re-reading the Rogue Warrior series by Marcinko, and I've got those to fall back on if the movies run out.

So...as you can see at a glance... I'm well prepared!

Oh...and I've got fleece/down/GoreTex stuff, plenty of lights and batteries, and food if it gets REALLY bad. [Wink]

The wife's home today anyway, so I know she's safe. Hey...maybe...if I'm nice... [Wink]
    People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Well...the sleet is gone, but the SNOW is really coming down. We weren't SUPPOSED to get any accumulation, but Nashville and on east is expected to receive 3-5 inches of SNOW....but not sure about sleet/ice.

I was SUPPOSED to be in court this AM, too. Oh, well......
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Might as well sit back and enjoy it, Shooter. It's snowing beautifully here and my boss let me off early. YEAH!!! I want to take some pictures of my cedars covered with snow and send them to a friend in London who doesn't get to see much snow.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!
        Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by SGT Dave:
          I AM PREPARED for the worst!

We're supposed to get it too. I take being prepared VERY seriously.

I have:

One (01) large bag of Cheetos

Man, you gotta love those Cheetos... especially the Flamin' Hot ones... better wear latex gloves while eating them or your fingers will be red for a long while

We just missed having that snowstorm but we are having sustained 25-40 mph winds [Frown]

Comment

we've had really cold temps for a couple days, it was 11 degrees last nite. waiting for our snow to start... we're expected to get 4-6 inches overnite. then its going down to 9 degrees with wind [Eek!]
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

It stopped snowing earlier this afternoon, but has resumed. Tomorrow night's temperature is now expected to DROP to 5*(instead of the earlier mentioned 9*) or colder. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR........!!!!!!

Comment

Well, it's here now for real.

It started like "heavy flurries" and I decided to amke a Wal-Mart run (dog food) and pick up some things that my mom needed at the grocery store.

I went in Wal-Mart and it was still "heavy flurries." TEN minutes later, I came out to a HEAVY falling snow. It was starting to lay also.

While at the grocery store, I picked up more staple foods and JUNK foods.

Of course the grocery store was packed, and it took forever to get through the checkout. When I can out of there, it was COMING DOWN!

It was scary coming home in the wife's Honda, and I did come up on a wreck on the interstate. I took a side road to get home quicker and got behind a van going 10 mph. Safe is good, but 10 MPH????

I'm hope now, and the wife already My Cousin Vinny in, so that's what were watching...

Hope everyone else is IN and SAFE and DRY.

Have a good evening!
                People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Looks like we don't have it much worse.
                  It's only -6.9
                  All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Frogman:
                    I got into a 20min foot pursuit the other night in this cold - caught the BG too BTW.

But I got the chills so bad that night from being in the cold that i couldn't warm up no matter how hard I tried the rest of my shift.

Needless to say I layed low the next night at work, shivering just thinking of the cold from the night before. - BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Had a BG run from us the other night, last Friday. It was about 30 degrees out. Dog tracked for about 1.5 hrs and two miles then lost the track.

Now we are a very rural area. We ended up serving a warrant on the BG house and found a large indoor grow. We had contact with the BG as we had his cell phone number and kept calling him. About two hrs after he took off running he called and turned himself in because he was almost hypothermic from the cold!!!!

We seized his 2002 S281 Saleen Mustang, van, motorcycle and numerous other items. He actually told us he does not work. Growing dope is his job, so he says.

Everything we seized is proceeds from his "job"

Ken
                    The Moral Majority is.......neither!!

Comment

The snow is coming down thick here. I think I'm going to call out tomorrow, and finally watch "Signs." Plus, since it's snowing, I should watch "Empire Strikes Back." So I can laugh at the rebels freezing in the snow, and say "hah-hah, I'm laughing at you freezing in the snow while I'm in my heated apartment hah-hah."

Comment

We have about a half inch now, and its coming down steadily. just had a nice walk out in it with the dog

I'll light the fire soon and sleep in front of it tonite.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4493 users online. 313 members and 4180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X