300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your weekend plans?

Starting tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM I have a two-day class on pre-hospital trauma life support. Once I complete it and test, it'll give me additional certification.

We'll be studying riveting topics such as the kinematics of injury based on mechanism, pathophysiology, tension pneumothoraxes, sucking chest wounds, and abdominal eviscerations (that's when the intestines protrude through the abdominal cavity). Yum! This is just to name a few! I know you're all very jealous that you'll be unable to participate in these joyous festivities. Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to it. Traumatic injuries are "my thing." I went to pick up my study book last night, thinking it would be just a pamphlet type of thing. OMG, it's 426 pages long!  - I'll skim through and look at the pictures and hope for the best. LOL

Sooooooo, what are your plans for the weekend? Please tell me you're doing something more exciting than I.

quote:
    Sooooooo, what are your plans for the weekend?
    Like always, I'll be working Saturday & Sunday.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I'll be writing a paper for my statistics class. Ain't grad school fun?
      "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

I think I might go for a walk in a local state park tommorow on the beach if the weather holds out (it will ), and I think I might hit the range on sunday for some 2nd amendment fun :-)

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by 156:
          Starting tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM I have a two-day class on pre-hospital trauma life support. Once I complete it and test, it'll give me additional certification.

We'll be studying riveting topics such as the kinematics of injury based on mechanism, pathophysiology, tension pneumothoraxes, sucking chest wounds, and abdominal eviscerations (that's when the intestines protrude through the abdominal cavity). Yum! This is just to name a few! I know you're all very jealous that you'll be unable to participate in these joyous festivities.

....Sooooooo, what are your plans for the weekend? Please tell me you're doing something more exciting than I.

Just don't think of spaghetti [Eek!]

My plans? Trying (still) to get my house in order. I mean, it's only been 7 months
          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

It sounds like you all are going to be having about as much excitement as me. Now I don't feel so bad. LOL

Comment

Cramming a week early for finals. One in particular is going to be a B!tch!!!
              There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

Well, I will try to get past my fiftieth birthday tommorrow.

Comment

Well, I'm working tomorrow from 7am-3:30pm. Then I'll come home and finish painting my son's room. Then, I'll watch tv and hang out on the computer. Sunday I have off and hubby wants to go out for a breakfast buffet and I would like to drive around and see if there are any houses for sale! Hubby has Sunday off so we'll ride around all day like old farts on a Sunday drive.

- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!  -

[ 04-25-2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Tomorrow morning, my wife and I are bringing our 2.5 year old to an air show (I'm not sure who's more excited, my son or me ). Tomorrow evening we're going to a friends house for dinner.

On Sunday, I'll probably do some skeet shooting and/or pistol shooting (hopefully, I'll convince my wife and the couple we had dinner with to join me [Wink] ).

[oops, I almost forgot: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!! ]

[ 04-25-2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]
                    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Working from 0600-1800 Saturday and Sunday, just like I do every weekend. My weekends always suck! I also have a paper to write, and four additional ones due by May 5. Gotta love finals

156, I hope your class is fun. I'm starting an ACLS class sometime in May. I'd like to take PHTLS at some time.

[ 04-25-2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: PatrickM98 ]

Comment

Two day golf tournament! [Wink] [Wink]
                        Retired

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Mike Tx:
                          Well, I will try to get past my fiftieth birthday tommorrow.

Happy Birthday Mike !!!
                          Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

My wife is having a rummage sale. If anyone is in Green Bay, stop by. I am getting out of dodge for that.

Sunday I work 3-11. My first time working in the county when it is dark. I am glad that I have a compass on my watch.
                            Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Happy Birthday Mike!

i work on saturdays. sun/mon is my weekend. sunday we're showing mom's house to some (potential) buyers. then if i have time, yard work and deck rest [Wink]

monday i'm taking my truck to my friend's house to fill with branches and logs to take to the landfill for her. it seems friends love friends who get new trucks lol
                              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6091 users online. 362 members and 5729 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X