300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Minute Dating

Anyone ever hear of 8 Minute Dating... or participate in it? i had seen a news show on it. in short, they set it up a meeting place...restaurant, i guess. you sit at a table by yourself, and a man sits down for 8 minutes to talk. then they move on to the next guy lol. you get to meet 8 people in one nite, and see if you'd be interested again.

Would you do it? i might... a friend at work saw they were having an event near us. i think it would be fun, at least.

Anyone ever use a dating service or personal ad? i dont think i'd ever do either of those. i dont feel comfortable with them.

**How does 8minuteDating work? **

Register for an event in your age group and area. Advance registration is required.

Gather with 20-100 single professionals at a popular restaurant near you.

Have 8 one-on-one conversations that last 8 minutes each.
    Meet anyone else who catches your eye during intermission or after your 8th date.

To keep the conversations comfortable and safe, participants don't ask each other for contact information.

When you meet someone you want to see again, write their name on your Dating Card.

After the event, login to 8minuteDating.com and enter the names of the people you want to meet again.

Whenever two people enter each other's names, we provide contact information so you can arrange a 2nd date!

[ 04-25-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

I think it's an excellent idea! I've been on dates before where 8 minutes was wayyy too long! I always knew immediately whether or not I would click with someone and I hated having to endure an entire evening with a guy knowing I was going to launch him. I did show consideration, however, by not ordering the most expensive thing on the menu and foregoing dessert.

Seeing as how I'm married, I wouldn't do the 8 minute dating thing but if I were single I definitely would. As for personal ads; no!

Comment

Speaking of personal ads, I got this in my email yesterday......thought I'd share it with you.

Deciphering Personal Ads

WOMEN'S ADS

40-ish: 49

Adventurer: Slept with all your friends

Athletic: No breasts

Average: looking Has a face like a basset hound

Beautiful: Pathological liar

Contagious Smile: Does a lot of Ecstasy

Educated: Banged her Political Science professor

Emotionally Secure: Medicated

Feminist: Fat ball buster

Free Spirit: Junkie

Friendship first: Trying to live down reputation as a slut

Fun: Annoying

Gentle: Comatose

Good Listener: Borderline Autistic

New-Age: All body hair, all the time

Old-fashioned: Lights out, missionary position only

Open-minded: Desperate

Outgoing: Loud and Embarrassing

Passionate: Sloppy drunk

Poet: Depressive Schizophrenic

Professional: Certified Bitch

Redhead: Bad dye-job

Reubenesque: Grossly Fat

Romantic: Looks better by candle light

Social: Has been passed around like an hors d'oeuvres tray

Voluptuous: Very Fat

Weight proportion w/ height: Hugely Fat - as tall as you are wide

Wants Soul mate: Stalker

Widow: Drove first husband to shoot himself

Young at heart: Old bat

MEN'S ADS

40-ish: 52 and looking for 25-yr-old

Athletic: Watches a lot of NASCAR

Average looking: Unusual hair growth on ears, nose, & back

Educated: Will patronize you all the time

Free Spirit: Banging your sister

Friendship first: As long as friendship involves nookie

Fun: Good with a remote and a six pack

Good looking: Arrogant

Very good looking: Dumb as a board

Honest: Pathological Liar

Huggable: Overweight, more body hair than a bear

Likes to cuddle: Insecure mama's boy

Mature: Older than your father

Open-minded: Wants to sleep with your roommate but she's not interested

Physically fit: Does a lot of 12-ounce curls

Poet: Wrote ex-girlfriend's # on a bathroom stall

Sensitive: Cries at chick flicks

Very sensitive: Gay

Spiritual: Got laid in a cemetery once

Stable: Arrested for stalking, but not convicted

Thoughtful: Says "Excuse me" when he farts

Comment

I saw a news clip about 8-minute dating a couple months ago. It looks really interesting, but I can see how 8 minutes could be too long sometimes. I usually know within a couple minutes whether I'm interested in somebody.
        Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

How about the 10 second once over?

Comment

Just to clarify, Mike, the 8 minute date does not include sex.

Comment

Pigskin, for some it could. Of course, there probably wouldn't be a second date if that were the case. LOL

Comment

156...... those Deciphering Personal Ads were so funny I practically choked on laughter!!

Comment

Glad you liked them! They're funny because they're so true !

Comment

Wasn't 8 minute dating in an episode of Sex and the City? ...or maybe it was another movie I saw recently. I can't quite remember.
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

I think it's a good idea although I've never tried it. Compared to internet, newspaper, or telephone personals, it sounds better since you actually get to meet the person, not just communicate impersonally.

I feel that I can get a good enough idea in 8 minutes whether or not I'd like to see someone again.

Comment

yeah Patrick, i agree.

and even tho 8 minutes COULD be a long time in some cases, at least you do know you wont have to deal with them any longer than that! [Wink]

and you dont give out any personal info. i guess you get a code # or something. my friend brought the paper to work that has all the locations, times, and instructions. i will let you know if i go, and what happens. i'm kind of excited about it. how bad can it be? i'm guessing everyone will be just as nervous as i will.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

It's at times like these that I'm so glad I'm married.
                          "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by drunkhunter:
                            It's at times like these that I'm so glad I'm married.

lol

my biggest dilemna now is, how many drinks can i have at the bar first? ...enuf so my nerves are calmed...but not enuf so they think i'm a drunk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4497 users online. 315 members and 4182 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X