300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD's May Academy

Just got my packet in the mail today. Looks like I will be attending the May 5th Academy. Anyone else here going to the May 5th LAPD Academy?

-Jimbo

Congrats!

I'm still undergoing the application process for LAPD, just waiting on the medical and background check. How long did it take you to get in from the time you initially applied?

I did the 3-day expedited back in early March. I'm hoping if all goes well, they'll contact me by July.

Comment

I applied Oct 25, 2002. I forgot to sign up for my polygraph in December so I was delayed a month. I was certified for the Academy mid-April.

I hope everything goes well for you. Hope to see you at the Academy in July. The Academy is no longer at Elysian Park and is now split up between two places. Anyhow once you get in look me up. I will be the asian guy trailing behind everyone during the run

-Jimbo

Comment

That's awesome that it only took 6 months. I just finished my psych. interview. Hopefully the backgrounds won't take too long. Good luck in the academy! Let us know what it's like.

Comment

Whew...today was the orientation. Boy was that long. 7:00 - 15:00. Recruit uniform/equipt cost = $700. The training center is pretty a very nice facility since it's relatively new. First day starts Monday, can't wait

-Jimbo

Comment

So how'd your first day go - What was it like? How close to the Army basic training experience was it? Lots of running early?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3805 users online. 222 members and 3583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X